RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > There are good people out there!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver
There are good people out there!

Driving back from Scotland with wifey recently along the M25 in middle lane when a car in the outside lane passed us, then dropped back, then moved alongside and pointed to the rear wheel. We slowed, pulled off and discovered a puncture. Very grateful to the two guys who had pointed out the problem. Could have been significantly more traumatic. Not sure how they saw it - maybe some smoke? Tyre is Censored however. I just wanted to express my gratitude to those guys. I'm not normally a tweeter but I did post a thank you "#thankyou" - not even sure if that's how you do that Twitter stuff.
There are still some good people out there - I guess that's why this forum exists as well😊 Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #502569 Thu Aug 11 2016 8:49am
Danv8

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lux Alaska White

glad alls well, always nice to hear a positive for a change.

I used to be like that, Until one day i was following this silver Audi along the A47 and he had his right indicator on where he had obviously joined the bypass from a slip road, after a few miles of following and no sign of it being turned off i flashed at him twice, nothing, i pulled up beside him and tried to flash my hands at him but he pulled back so as i pulled in front i put on my right indicator then off left it a bit and done it again. Next thing blue lights..lol It was plain cloths officers.. When they asked why i was being aggressive I mearly pointed out that i was trying to inform them of the indicator still on, which he did deny, until i pointed out my dash cam and would quite happily replay the footage for him

Post #502572 Thu Aug 11 2016 10:42am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

always a difficult one, i have gestured to people about flat tyres whilst driving next to them and they just give me the weirdo look back Laughing

But you are correct there are nice ones out there, When leaving work last night, i noticed a tenants convertible roof was down and it was starting to rain, and knocked on her door to tell her, no answer so sent a text, got a reply thanking me as she was just showered and getting changed to go straight back out

Should have knocked harder Twisted Evil

Post #502577 Thu Aug 11 2016 11:54am
junior

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

It wouldn't surprise me if the cops did this intentionally to unsettle you then wait for you to do react and then use this as a pretext to pull you over. If your vehicle is modded or a little bit out of the ordinary then you are a sitting duck for some of these guys.

I've had the ubiquitous grey BMW estate, complete with cameras in front window (come on guys) sitting too close to my tail for several miles on the M1 for no reason.

Post #502579 Thu Aug 11 2016 11:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1