RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Bentayga - Magnificent!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRSman

United Kingdom 
Bentayga - Magnificent!

A friend went to pick up his new buy from a Bentley dealer (a Continental GT V8 ) this weekend. Whilst there I started to look around the big fat Bentayga which they had in the showroom in White with a lot of exterior carbon bits. They also had a launch edition car which is basically a fully loaded version of this car that cost £220k new. List price of the Bentayga is £167k and with a few must have options the car would set you back around £175k.

Anyway the salesman noticed me and came to have a chat. When he asked me what I drive I said a Range Rover Sport - I was surprised when he then offered me a test drive in their demonstrator. Why would I say no lol

10 mins later I was driving their demonstrator. What a bloody car! It is huge but once behind the wheel it is so so easy to drive. I have no hesitation in saying it was the smoothest car I have even driven in my life (car has air suspension as standard).

We started to venture out on B roads heading towards the motorway and as soon as I hit the slip road I stepped on the gas. The bloody thing is a rocket!!!!! 0-60 in 4 seconds for a bloody car the size of a tank is just crazy. The roar from the engine was also magnificent! It really is magnificent engineering and as controversial as this may sound on a RR forum the performance and drive completely shattered the thrill I experienced when I took an SVR for a drive.

Yes the Bentayga is nearly double the price of an SVR but I can just see these hitting £100k in a years time due to the crazy depreciation Bentleys face and as soon as they are I am getting one!

It is not very pretty to look at from the outside but that interior and fit and finish is just next level luxury and refinement so don't need to worry too much about those looking at it from the outside Laughing

Jokes apart it does look pretty beasty in black and when de-chromed.

If money is no object and you want the ultimate 4x4 then IMHO there is now a much nicer car to have than a FFRR!!

Post #502548 Wed Aug 10 2016 9:20pm
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

Yes. I didn't get the test drive but I agree that the interior is a masterpiece. They should sell well in the Premier League market.

I just think that £200K (typical for a well specified one) is just too much. Regards

Malcolm

Post #502563 Thu Aug 11 2016 7:47am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

So the SVR WAS the fastest suv till

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok