RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Wanted] 2010-2012 Sport HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

eugeneville

United Kingdom 

I was going to update you guys yesterday but got carried away with other matters.
The trip up north took whole 4 hours, there were accidents and delays on the road, but we finally got there.

The guy selling it turned out to be very friendly and knowledgeable.
He is the owner of the shop that was extremely clean and had some nice, expensive cars in there too.

RRS was clean and tidy, had honest little imperfections on the bonnet, headlights and bumper, something that you'd expect from a used car that wasn't prepped to hide some nasty accident.
We've done a test drive where I was amazed by the sheer power of the V8 but kept my cool to try and see possible issues that the car might have.

We've put the car on the ramp and it was absolutely dry and just a tad rusty. Ball joints, control arms, active stabilisers all looked ok from what I could tell.
We had an independent party do a pre-purchase check on it and nothing wrong was found.
I did a test where I would drive slowly and then do an emergency breaking to see if it made clunking noises from the suspension but it was quiet.
Air suspension works just fine from what I could tell, the engine pulls well and does kick down if you accelerate hard, doesn't vibrate the steering wheel when you break. In short, I tried to do and look out for all I knew that could possibly be wrong.
In the end we've agreed on the price and I've put the deposit down. Will pick it up coming Sunday.
I was told the outstanding finance is with land rover dealership and I would get official confirmation that it's been taken care of.
It also has a full guy salmon service history that I was able to confirm myself. It was on some sort of a care plan with them up until late 2015.
The car also has a tracker and I would just need to renew the subscription. By the way is anyone using this service?

P.S. I have searched around the forum for the recommended warranty but couldn't find anything specific. Please advice if you have something in mind, many thanks.

Pardon for such a long text, just thought I'd let you know how it went.
Thank you all for your help.

Post #502898 Mon Aug 15 2016 4:01pm
Slim444

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sounds like what you might call a 'good honest motor' Wink

Re the warranty, have a look for reviews on the old inter web, I think the likes of AutoExpress have such articles. Never had one myself, but will certainly be going for one when my Marshall one runs out in November. Unless I trade in for a Porsche Cayenne of course! What's that? Er, no dear, I'm not buying another car...

Post #502984 Tue Aug 16 2016 7:02pm
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

Drove the car from Manchester area to Fleet this past Sunday.
It took four hours yet again, but this time the weather wad not on our side.
The car is lovely to drive and adaptive cruise control is suprisingly very useful on the motor way.
One thing I've spotted wrong though is that my rear view camera is showing mirrored picture with no straight lines. Quick search told me that the camera needs replacing.

Other than that all is well and I am really happy.
Will put together a thread with pictures and everything real soon.
Thanks again for all your help.

Post #503505 Tue Aug 23 2016 6:59pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Re Trackers, I believe they are well worth it, as Range Rovers and in particular Range Rover Sports are the most stolen car currently. They are also one of the highest recovered motor vehicles.
I have one fitted to my vehicle, a specific model The Land Rover/Range Rover Sport Tracker, the only approved Tracker by JLR for our cars. If fitted by them though it will cost you over £400 more to have fitted against other approved suppliers and fitters. The annual tracking contract is £169.00, or slightly cheaper if paid three years in advance.
You can do a search for suppliers of said item on the Interweb.
If you want to know who I purchased from, just PM me. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #503509 Tue Aug 23 2016 7:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12