RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > attempted theft
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ozzievechi

England 
attempted theft

Some scumbags tried to steal the car off the drive way on Sunday night. 2 on the car, 1 look out across the road, all wearing black hoodies and gloves.

2 screwdrivers used to smash the glass on top of drivers door window and pull it down, reached in to open inner handle but luckily I always double lock the door so as soon as they realised it wouldn't open, did a runner...car was a white skoda Octavia (maybe VRS)

Not sure how they would have then driven off with it,,, guess they have cloned the key somehow (mrs car). Also the alarm didn't go off....stange as the next day with the window hanging off it kept going off...

there were 3 within an hour that night, 1 before mine (BMW), mine (RRS) and then a Merc.

based in North Chingford and although got it all on CCTV, not much can do other than log it in case they are caught.

£75 excess paid and new window in but still feel uneasy, all keys hidden away. Just purchased a crock look and will also look at getting a kill switch put in... be on the look out... and always double lock your car

9 iron kept by front door and pitching wedge by the back door just in case they come back! I will also park our other car over drive to stop them getting out...unless they decide to take that too

Post #502074 Wed Aug 03 2016 2:55pm
Slim444

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I feel for you, dude, really getting Censored off with the constant thread of these kind of scrotes. Being able to torture them if you catch them should be legalised, might be a small deterrent Wink

Post #502083 Wed Aug 03 2016 5:42pm
Bigbore

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: attempted theft

ozzievechi wrote:
Some scumbags tried to steal the car off the drive way on Sunday night. 2 on the car, 1 look out across the road, all wearing black hoodies and gloves.

2 screwdrivers used to smash the glass on top of drivers door window and pull it down, reached in to open inner handle but luckily I always double lock the door so as soon as they realised it wouldn't open, did a runner...car was a white skoda Octavia (maybe VRS)

Not sure how they would have then driven off with it,,, guess they have cloned the key somehow (mrs car). Also the alarm didn't go off....stange as the next day with the window hanging off it kept going off...

there were 3 within an hour that night, 1 before mine (BMW), mine (RRS) and then a Merc.

based in North Chingford and although got it all on CCTV, not much can do other than log it in case they are caught.

£75 excess paid and new window in but still feel uneasy, all keys hidden away. Just purchased a crock look and will also look at getting a kill switch put in... be on the look out... and always double lock your car

9 iron kept by front door and pitching wedge by the back door just in case they come back! I will also park our other car over drive to stop them getting out...unless they decide to take that too

Sorry to hear your attempted theft,I'm looking for crock lock suitable for RRS steering wheel with flappy paddles,do you have a link for the 1 you bought? Cheers RRS SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey,Premium Ebony Black leather,MY12 Autobiography Exterior Design Pack,22"Diamond Turned Rotor Alloys,interior LED's/Number plate,boot LED's x 2,rear entertainment,HD Dash cam,ALIVE Remap,Bumper DRL's

Post #502085 Wed Aug 03 2016 6:08pm
mnk

United Kingdom 

sorry to hear, maybe install a flamethrower under the side steps Very Happy

Post #502086 Wed Aug 03 2016 6:12pm
Timf

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Words cant express the loathing we have for these idiots. Hope all stays ok for you Ozzie. Forgive my ignorance how do you double lock, and what advantage does it have over normal locking?

Post #502093 Wed Aug 03 2016 8:08pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

If you've got keyless entry press the button on the door twice,I don't EVER use the remote.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #502096 Wed Aug 03 2016 8:39pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Good advice there from tyre fitter, it's been said before, but don't leave your keys nearby, near door or window with car in view, keys easily cloned. Put them in a metal container when not in use or one of the screened bags that you can purchase, many codes/clones are done as you lock the car.
I have a tracker system and they are excellent, last car recovered within 40 minutes by the Police and the scroats all arrested with said equipment on them, but please don't advertise the fact you have a tracker device, by warnings, labels on Windows etc, like some do, for obvious reasons. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #502100 Wed Aug 03 2016 9:11pm
Timf

Thanks tyrefitter, I've never noticed the button Embarassed But what does pushing it twice do, that pushing it once doesn't?

Post #502109 Wed Aug 03 2016 10:09pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I'm not 100% sure but I think it activates the dead locks so if they break a window they cannot open door from inside.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #502110 Wed Aug 03 2016 10:18pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

^^ That and it arms the interior alarm so any movement inside the car triggers the alarm. This is why it is recommended to only single lock when there is someone inside (e.g. leaving children in the car when you go to a restaurant for dinner) but double lock at all other times. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #502111 Wed Aug 03 2016 10:26pm
Danv8

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lux Alaska White

You leave your children in the car when you go for dinner Shocked Shocked , ( I thinks it's more designed for leaving the pets inside) Thumbs Up

Post #502119 Thu Aug 04 2016 6:47am
Timf

Thanks all, good advice. (Danv8, I think Fkarim was tongue in cheek there - there was a story of a couple doing just that which was a bit of a shocker) Confused

Post #502121 Thu Aug 04 2016 7:19am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

What's wrong with that? Not acceptable these days?

I was only testing to see who objects Thumbs Up Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #502122 Thu Aug 04 2016 7:21am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Just for clarification, for those of us with older models, according to my 2008 TDV8 (not keyless entry) handbook, I have a choice of locked or superlocked. Superlocking immobilises both exterior and interior door handles and includes the interior space protection. Superlocking is achieved by pressing the lock button on the remote control ONCE. Pushing it twice within 3 seconds will lock the doors (and set the perimetric alarm) but leave the interior space alarm (and tilt protection) off so that you can leave kids, dogs, elephants, jellies, or anything else inside without the alarm going off. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #502126 Thu Aug 04 2016 8:42am
ozzievechi

England 

yep you can see on the CCTV he's got the window down but as he reaches in there's nothing he can do as the handle does nothing. odd that the alarm didn't go off....but neither did the neighbours dog who normally barks at anything. whilst waiting for the repair man it kept going off so I know it works

yep on the handle or the key, double click the lock, the mirrors fold in and the lights blink once, then delay, then blink again, showing you that its "super locked", I.e. a dead bolt clicks in

the undercover coppers popped round last night and said there are a few ways they operate:

1) stick with magnet thru letter box.... old school but still works...don't keep your keys in sight of front door

2) sit outside and pick up the signal from the key (apparently with keyless if the keys in range of the car it sends out a signal intermittently to see if you are near the car...so they copy that, smash window, plug in and drive off. So stick the keys in special pouch or in a shielded box or in a pan far from the car

3) they follow you to car park, wait for u to lock car, jam it so it doesn't lock. when you have gone open unlocked car and plug in a tracker and copy info from the car, follow you home, wait till your asleep and do either 1 or 2 above. Easiest way to stop this is when u lock it, make sure your mirrors fold in!

insured with Admiral, they used National who had to order in the laminate glass which took a day which was annoying, but they did send someone out to crash wrap it so it was weather proof and not just open... took the guy 20 mins next day to stick in new Pilkington glass, looked exactly the same!

Post #502130 Thu Aug 04 2016 9:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1