RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Remote climate
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Fletcher

England 
Remote climate

Just playing with the incontrol app , going through the app tour and I can see remote climate but it's not on the app , only shows in the app tour .
What do I need to do or who do I need to shout at .

Post #502018 Tue Aug 02 2016 7:38pm
Autobiography

You need the remote park heating option for this to work. I assume you don't have it?

Originally it was going to use the engine to do the heating and cooling but LR scrapped this before 16MY launch.

Post #502020 Tue Aug 02 2016 7:47pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

As above, you need remote & timed climate on the car for this to work. Unfortunately unlike the previous model it can't be retro-fitted (without invasive modifications anyway). Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #502022 Tue Aug 02 2016 8:17pm
Fletcher

England 

Oh , might moan to the dealer then , might keep them on their toes . First service has Flagged up as being due.

Post #502024 Tue Aug 02 2016 8:27pm
Autobiography

Unless you have an SDV8 where the FFBH is fitted as standard and they simply activate software for your £1,000!

Post #502025 Tue Aug 02 2016 8:27pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Didn't know the SDV8 came with FBH as standard Thumbs Up I imagine even that would still require the remote, antenna and receiver in addition to activation but that is no different to the previous model. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #502029 Tue Aug 02 2016 8:36pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 
FBH

Hi Can anyone confirm if this is really true about the FBH being in an SDV8 by default ? I have an MY15 SDV8, but I don't know where to look for the heater itself ?? Thanks

Post #502057 Wed Aug 03 2016 11:13am
Autobiography

Yes it's true...

The SDV8 is an older engine and requires additional help to get it up to temperature quickly. The SDV6 can do this without a FFBH.

Post #502058 Wed Aug 03 2016 11:21am
huininkk

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bourneville
Re: FBH

Rowdie wrote:
Hi Can anyone confirm if this is really true about the FBH being in an SDV8 by default ? I have an MY15 SDV8, but I don't know where to look for the heater itself ?? Thanks

I have retrofitted it in my SDV8 with the help of Bodsy. He has the parts for sale and the hardware to program it into the computer of the car. I have fitted it myself and it was a 15 minute job. Just look on the forum for Bodsy and send him a PM.

Good luck!

Post #532235 Mon Aug 07 2017 7:04pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

On the facelift RRS SDV6 2010-2013 L320 the FBH was fitted as standard, I believe, strange it was dropped on newer models. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #532244 Mon Aug 07 2017 7:44pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 
Re: FBH

huininkk wrote:
Rowdie wrote:

I have retrofitted it in my SDV8 with the help of Bodsy. He has the parts for sale and the hardware to program it into the computer of the car. I have fitted it myself and it was a 15 minute job. Just look on the forum for Bodsy and send him a PM.

Good luck!

Pretty sure Bodsy would have helped you fit and enable remote climate rather than the FBH itself which is standard in SDV8.

I think there was a discussion here a while back and the conclusion was SDV8 needs FBH being an older engine while SDV6 is newer and warms up relatively quickly, hence less need for additional help from FBH. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #532247 Mon Aug 07 2017 8:10pm
KennyR

Scotland 

Is it standard in the L494 SDV8? It's not showing in extra features as it did in my SDV6 and I'm waiting for Gap to send me an unlock code for my iid tool to check! ____________________
Current: MY2019 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Carpathian Grey
Gone: MY2015 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography in Corris Grey with ebony and lunar leather
Gone: MY2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition in Orkney Grey, piano trim, black leather with contrast stitch

Post #532248 Mon Aug 07 2017 8:16pm
V8tdi

Wales 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Re: Remote climate

Fletcher wrote:
Just playing with the incontrol app , going through the app tour and I can see remote climate but it's not on the app , only shows in the app tour .

Not sure about the SDV8 but on my my17 HSE I can set the climate via the AP,the only issue is you need to remote start the engine to make it function and lock the doors which is ok as I live in the middle of nowhere and hobbits can't drive but in the city I'm not sure I would use it

Post #532273 Tue Aug 08 2017 7:58am
donny dog

United Kingdom 
Re: Remote climate

Fletcher wrote:

Not sure what car you've got, but a Fuel Burning Heater is standard only on an A/B, otherwise it's something like £1,035 complete with the remote control, which is an actual blipper, but has to be ordered for factory fit (the heater can't be retro-fitted realistically). However, if you want to get a remote control 'upgrade' for an A/B, the dealer still wants the full £1,035, even though that means you're paying for the FBH twice! All you get then is the blipper, the antenna, the control module, and the software modification. As stated elsewhere, Bodsy can provide the bits and do the necessary to add the remote start (ie. the blipper, etc.) at a much lower price. However there's another snag, which is that, if you're talking about a 2017 A/B, the software hasn't yet been made available by GAP so Bodsy can't access the software, so can only do the mods. on older models. Remote engine start, which will warm your car to a pre-set temperature, is a separate issue altogether and should already be available to you via In Control Apps.

Post #532277 Tue Aug 08 2017 9:21am
KennyR

Scotland 

Can confirm the fuel fired parking heater is standard on the SDV8.. just enabled timed climates via my iid tool Cool
Guessing the remote kit I removed from L320 will work on L494 too? ____________________
Current: MY2019 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Carpathian Grey
Gone: MY2015 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography in Corris Grey with ebony and lunar leather
Gone: MY2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition in Orkney Grey, piano trim, black leather with contrast stitch

Post #532295 Tue Aug 08 2017 1:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>