RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > The Ivory
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
The Ivory

I have a black on black SC on order should take about another month and a half or two months to arrive.

Yesterday I called the land rover dealer to check up on my car and they told me they just received a black SC with ivory interior. What do you guys think of the ivory interior? Havn't gone to the dealership to look at it yet but I am scared it would get dirty pretty fast.

Both cars are fully loaded so the only difference would be the interior. Not sure if I should settle or not.

Post #2943 Wed Oct 05 2005 3:49pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I saw Ivory once and I have to say I thought the same thing, for me anyway, it would get dirty too quick. The black leather will still look good in 3 years time, I am not so sure about the Ivory. I reckon it will be a high maintenance colour.

Looks nice though, but I have always favoured dark interiors. The picture below also looks like quite a sandy colour but it is in fact VERY light.

L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2945 Wed Oct 05 2005 4:27pm
gribnau

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

I have seen the ivory on a giverny green car; It's nice, if you always wear a suit, don't slide in & out of the seat a whole lot however, it's extremely light in color (nearly creamy white) and would get dirty fairly immediately. I would recommend waiting for the black. - Robert

2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Black Opal
2005 Porsche Carrera 997 - Artic Silver
2006 Range Rover Sport V8 - Buckingham Blue

Post #2947 Wed Oct 05 2005 4:38pm
Black Beast

I originally agreed with you all....but now that I own a Black SC with Ivory interior; I love the way it looks! 2006 Java Black Supercharged RR Sport / Overfinch tips

Post #2949 Wed Oct 05 2005 5:49pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I have an SE with the cream leather interior (see http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/displayim...mp;pos=1). True it may show the dirt on the leather a bit sooner, but then leather is easy to clean. I would of thought it would be better to have clean leather than black leather that is grimmey, but you can't see it.
On the LRE day, I drove a Sport with the black interior. I didn't like it. It felt smaller and claustrophobic. The cream interior (in my mind) looks far better and shows off the interior much better. I also didn’t like the door and dash trims in black - it looked cheaper and looked like there was more plastic. I think the cream and wood looks much more classier. But then it comes down to personal preference. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #2950 Wed Oct 05 2005 5:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

I have a D3 with Alpacca which is nearly as light. I am constantly jumping in and out with muddy clothes. A quick wipe down and the seats are clean. I do treat it with Gliptone leather cleaner and protector. I think black dash, black doors and black seats is far too depressing Wink

Post #2952 Wed Oct 05 2005 6:03pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

mpwox11, something is wrong with your car, great interior but the steering wheel appears to be mounted on the wrong side. Very Happy

If you are are smoker (I am...), you should stay away from the light interior colors - seats or carpeting - as smoke and/or nicotine residues and ashes will eventually stain leather and fabrics, forming an unpleasant, yellowish haze that will be real hard to wipe off. I used to have a Volvo S80 with cream interior and matching leather steering wheel. The only thing that turned real dirty, real fast, was the steering wheel itself, but fortunately that is not an issue with the Sport. Other than that, I agree with the other posters that the light leather will look nice for years, as long as you are willing to clean it more frequently than black. In the long run, light color carpeting is likely to be more of an issue than light color leather, IMHO. 

Post #2959 Wed Oct 05 2005 10:50pm
djsaad1

I am going to go look at it this afternoon. This is going to be a harder decicsion then i thought. The only reason I am even thinking about the white though is because the exterior is black and I am getting the lined oak wood too. So that would be a lot of black in a car if the leather was black too.

Post #3000 Thu Oct 06 2005 4:59pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

This sounds stupid, but another thing to consider with black leather is the roasting your bare legs get if your car's been sitting in the sun (esp in Texas!) and the leather's been heating up enough to be able to fry an egg (or the back of your kids legs, which is from my own personal experience). If I remember from my school physics, black absorbs heat a lot more than the pale colours do.

If you don't ever wear shorts or never plan to have any bare skin against the seats (insert your own personal reasonings here Wink), then maybe not an issue but just a thought...

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #3001 Thu Oct 06 2005 6:07pm
gribnau

MPWOX: You have the Alpaca interior (same as the one that i have) however, Dsjaad1 is referring to the Ivory which is SIGNIFICANTLY lighter than the yellow/beige Alpaca -

Dsjaad: i agree that it may be too dark (with Cherry, the black contrasts nicely) but i am not sure if the invory would be a great fit either - that may be too contrasting - choices choices choices Smile - Robert

Post #3005 Thu Oct 06 2005 6:50pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Get the ebony interior and just wear lots of light coloured clothes instead !!

Problem solved!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3011 Thu Oct 06 2005 8:06pm
djsaad1

I decided I am going to wait for the ebony. I remember my dad haveing a jaguar xkr a few years ago with white interior and his jeans would rub off on it. Not sure if it was the same color but don't really want to take the chance.

Post #3014 Thu Oct 06 2005 8:48pm
gribnau

Good choice Wink - Robert

Post #3026 Fri Oct 07 2005 12:25am
bgreig

United States 
Ivory has been fine

I get a lot of compliments on the ivory interior. Here in Texas, it is the only way to go if the truck is ever left outside. I have heard that Land Rover sells very few light interior vehicles in the north, and in the UK, but in the south and southwest it is the way to go. I have not had trouble with the seats looking soiled despite several hunting trips. I suspect the ivory interior will not be all that hard to maintain. Thanks,
BGreig

Post #3029 Fri Oct 07 2005 1:18am
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Ref to Ivory interior. It is the way to go. If LR use the same grade leather as Jag (which I assume they would) then Ivory is more wearing than the black. I would have a black with ivory over a black/black.

G 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #4004 Wed Oct 26 2005 10:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>