RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > Data SIM's that work with In Control systems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Data SIM's that work with In Control systems

A member of BabyRR has posted this link to discounted SIM's that work with the JLR InControl systems for those that have the one that needs a SIM

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trio-Pay-Moblie-B...845656fced 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #500639 Tue Jul 12 2016 8:23am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I initially bought an EE sim with 4 GB for £10 in one of their deals. Managed to persuade them to provide another 4 GB for £15 (normally 3 GB for that price) after the offer had ended. I assured them I wouldn't be using any of the 250 minutes and unlimited texts that were also included in the bundle and they agreed to give me the extra GB.

However, I am looking for a data SIM that would cover Western and Central Europe: Austria, France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland to be precise in a single sim for a one-off upfront price to provide 3-4 GB. 2 week validity would be enough. UK coverage not required for that one. Anyone aware of a good deal out there?

EDIT: Just looked at the details and it includes data use while abroad. Looking at 3 website, Germany is the only destination from my list that is not covered - I can live with that as it is still excellent value for money. Thanks Tim! Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #500643 Tue Jul 12 2016 9:22am
Tim in Scotland

Might be worth a look a a Vodafone SIM to cover the whole of Europe, one thing for sure it won't be that cheap! Most of my European crew seem to love Vodafone for their roaming deals, especially my Dutch, Danish and Romanian crew who seem to be able to get very good deals for pan European data roaming 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #500660 Tue Jul 12 2016 1:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Too late Laughing Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #500661 Tue Jul 12 2016 1:42pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Although to late now, my monthly contract with EE includes free Texts through Europe, Unlimited calls in Europe and 10GB of data anywhere in Europe, that is all part of my £43 monthly package which I found difficult to beat. (On checking all countries you mentioned are covered) I found 3 for data only was good, at £18 per month for 10gb for UK and Europe. Sims from either can be fitted to anything you have. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #500663 Tue Jul 12 2016 1:51pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thanks. I don't need voice and text as I will be putting the sim car in the car's built-in slot for WiFi hub. Not using in a phone. Also, don't want a contract as it will be used on an ad-hoc basis only ... not regularly. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #500665 Tue Jul 12 2016 2:01pm
Tim in Scotland

Which make of mobile phone do you have? If you have an iPhone then you can use it as a router to provide a wireless connection on your phone network for other devices. I often use my iPhone as the connection for my various iPads that I don't have SIM's for when travelling. I can even connect the Parrot Asteriod radio system in my Defender to my iPhone to use the Google Maps App and Navmii on the radio screen when I'm in 3G or 4G coverage (not often up here in Scotland!) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #500676 Tue Jul 12 2016 2:28pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I have a work Blackberry (still!) and a personal iPhone but I find the in-car WiFi hub works better than tethering from the phone. Roof antenna gets a stronger signal and other users/devices in the car don't rely on me/my phone to be inside the car all the time. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #500677 Tue Jul 12 2016 3:09pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Which make of mobile phone do you have? If you have an iPhone then you can use it as a router to provide a wireless connection on your phone network for other devices. I often use my iPhone as the connection for my various iPads that I don't have SIM's for when travelling. I can even connect the Parrot Asteriod radio system in my Defender to my iPhone to use the Google Maps App and Navmii on the radio screen when I'm in 3G or 4G coverage (not often up here in Scotland!)

I use my iPhone 6 to do just that, and it works superbly. EE cover so many other areas others don't, Yorkshire Moors a perfect example, now owned by BT since recent takeover, that gives you access to Orange, T Mobile, EE transmitters, and of course the double speed 4G which even outside London gives me data speeds of around 57Mbps, which I can't even get that speed at home using fibre connection service, mind you I am in Wales.

I put up an alternative way just in case of any help. As I need this facility all the time, the contract was the best way to go for me. Glad you are sorted anyway. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #500688 Tue Jul 12 2016 6:22pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Sure, that info could be very useful to others Thumbs Up As I have already been using EE in the car, I have to agree that their speed and coverage are very good. I may still top-up the EE sim for UK use going forward. However, £23.95 for 12 GB to use over 12 months in the UK and mainland Europe was too good an offer to miss even if 3's speed/coverage turns out to be a bit of a compromise. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #500689 Tue Jul 12 2016 6:49pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

SIM arrived today, just in time for the weekend away in the car. I registered it to check details as I was a little unsure about validity but it really is 12GB lasting up to 12 months and inclusive of data roaming in many countries. Will report on UK coverage and speed later but at £23.95 it is a great deal. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #500936 Fri Jul 15 2016 5:05pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

So you ordered that THREE sim in the link in post 1 from Amazon and you get 12 months validity? On the advert it says 30 day validity?

Post #506101 Thu Sep 22 2016 2:31pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

The text in the advert is generic and the 30 days applies to the 1GB SIM. The 12GB SIM is valid for 12 months. I activated mine in July and it still works. When I log on to the 3 account it shows validity until July 2017.

I forgot to update this thread regarding coverage ... Definitely weaker than EE outside London but not too bad. Worked fine in Europe except for the countries excluded from their list so nothing unexpected. Again there were some areas of weak reception in Europe too but for that price you can't ask for more. Suits my adhoc usage requirements very well Thumbs Up

I bought from MyMeory, listed under Other Sellers on the right hand side as they were selling it even cheaper. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #506103 Thu Sep 22 2016 2:52pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Just ordered one for the mrs new Evoque we pick up next week Smile

Post #506104 Thu Sep 22 2016 2:57pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I'm with ee for my fone & ive jst upgraded my sim only plan so I get unlimited calls,unlimited texts & 10 gig of data for £15 a month,,plus I'm getting ee fibre at home next month & I get another 5 gig of data to add to my sim only plan.EE have the offer on till 27th of this month.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White