RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Been busy...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

DDX

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Been busy...

I've had my car for two weeks now and been so busy with it thanks to this site!!

Picked up the car with PTI and side steps and now its got:

22" Stormers - ride a bit harsher but nothing to cry about. 22"s fill the arches perfectly (for urban driving)!

Pentagon Privacy Glass - they do all my local $tealers cars (RR's, Bentleys, Jags) and luckily I know the guy who owns it - he's done all my past cars. Went for midnight which is slightly lighter than the LR privacy glass. Looks great and thanks to the Alpaca interior, its not so dark so you can still see through slightly.

Matt black LR3 handles and custom made matt black lower tailgate trim - didn't want to go for the colour coded look and I quite like the look of the black plastic on a Java RRS so got my body shop to spray a new tailgate trim in matt black.

SC Grille and colour coded side vents - self explanatory!

Coming soon - clear side repeaters, semi-smoked rear lights and a new backbox!

I appreciate its hard to comment on a car without seeing it but i'll put up some pics fairly soon. 2006 '56 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java Black, Alpaca Interior, PTI, Sidesteps, 22" Stormers wrapped in 285/35/22 Toyo Proxes, Java Framed SC Grille, Java/Zambezi Side Vents, Matt Black LR3 Door Handles, Matt Black Lower Tailgate Trim, Colour coded lower body trims, Semi Smoked Taillights, Chrome Mirrors and Fog Light Bezels, Reflex Exhaust Back, Full Pentagon AutoGlass Privacy, Tasmod Sills, Clear Side Repeaters, pics in gallery!

Post #68768 Fri Dec 01 2006 7:51pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

what no pics Wink

Post #68771 Fri Dec 01 2006 8:13pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

Sounds nice DDX but you must get some pictures Wink

Post #68778 Fri Dec 01 2006 9:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DDX

I know, I know. I dont like taking random pictures, I like to take them properly. The car is filthy at the moment too!

Couple of my old cars can be seen on www.mye46.com

I'll give her a clean and take some shots early next week! 2006 '56 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java Black, Alpaca Interior, PTI, Sidesteps, 22" Stormers wrapped in 285/35/22 Toyo Proxes, Java Framed SC Grille, Java/Zambezi Side Vents, Matt Black LR3 Door Handles, Matt Black Lower Tailgate Trim, Colour coded lower body trims, Semi Smoked Taillights, Chrome Mirrors and Fog Light Bezels, Reflex Exhaust Back, Full Pentagon AutoGlass Privacy, Tasmod Sills, Clear Side Repeaters, pics in gallery!

Post #68799 Fri Dec 01 2006 11:46pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

all i see is a french frie in your galery.... Twisted Evil 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #68810 Sat Dec 02 2006 9:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jjb218

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver
You are killing us withoout the pictures here!

Also please a question, how much you paid for the 22's and what size and brand of tire did you get?
Anyway to please send me a picture of how theside trim of the wheel and tire cover each other please please!
my email is jbaboun@hotmail.com
Are you going to paint your taillamps?
Where will you buy your clear side lamps?
Thanks again!!!
See you
Gracias!!

Post #68818 Sat Dec 02 2006 10:03am
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Re: Been busy...

DDX wrote:
Matt black LR3 handles

I had never noticed that before - the LR3 does have matt black door handles. Was it just a straight swap?

I'm impatient for the pics also as I suspect those handles would look nice on my Java RRS also. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #68846 Sat Dec 02 2006 5:10pm
tf9

Russia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Re: Been busy...

Singletrack wrote:
DDX wrote:
Matt black LR3 handles

I had never noticed that before - the LR3 does have matt black door handles. Was it just a straight swap?

I'm impatient for the pics also as I suspect those handles would look nice on my Java RRS also.

Why don't just colour-code them?
Like I did. Looks better then matt. 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2014 Range Rover Autobiography, Causeway Gray, Ivory/Ebony
2013 BMW 530d
2008 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue S\E, Java Black, Ebony. SOLD
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Java Black, Ebony. Arden body-kit. SOLD
2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 Buckingam blue, Ivory. - SOLD.

Post #68847 Sat Dec 02 2006 5:26pm
Singletrack

TF - I've considered that, but it's a matter of taste.

I actually prefer the matt finish to the bright. I'd also like the base of the hatch in a black matt finish as well. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #68848 Sat Dec 02 2006 6:13pm
DDX

To all - pics are coming soon, patience my friends Wink

jjb218, tyres are Toyo Proxes 285/35/22 106w - package cost me £1750 valved, balanced and delivered with black centre caps. They use the existing nuts too.

Singletrack, it was a straight swap and the door cards do not need removing like most people think. The caps snap off and tha handles slide out. I can give more detailed instructions if necessary or you can go to the Land Rover GTR site like I did. The matt black tailgate trim looks great but i'm still waiting for the range rover decal to arrive (putting new ones on).

To see pics of the LR3 handles on a java RRS now, look at a members gallery - his name is djsaad1 - I got the idea after seeing pix of his car.

TF9, I personally prefer the matt black platic look on parts of the car - looks a bit more rugged (bit contradiciting of me after I put 22"s on) Laughing 2006 '56 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java Black, Alpaca Interior, PTI, Sidesteps, 22" Stormers wrapped in 285/35/22 Toyo Proxes, Java Framed SC Grille, Java/Zambezi Side Vents, Matt Black LR3 Door Handles, Matt Black Lower Tailgate Trim, Colour coded lower body trims, Semi Smoked Taillights, Chrome Mirrors and Fog Light Bezels, Reflex Exhaust Back, Full Pentagon AutoGlass Privacy, Tasmod Sills, Clear Side Repeaters, pics in gallery!

Post #68853 Sat Dec 02 2006 7:47pm
DDX

jjb218, tyres are Toyo Proxes 285/35/22 106w - package cost me £1750 valved, balanced and delivered with black centre caps. They use the existing nuts too.

Singletrack, it was a straight swap and the door cards do not need removing like most people think. The caps snap off and tha handles slide out. I can give more detailed instructions if necessary or you can go to the Land Rover GTR site like I did. The matt black tailgate trim looks great but i'm still waiting for the range rover decal to arrive (putting new ones on).

To see pics of the LR3 handles on a java RRS now, look at a members gallery - his name is djsaad1 - I got the idea after seeing pix of his car.

TF9, I personally prefer the matt black platic look on parts of the car - looks a bit more rugged (bit contradiciting of me after I put 22"s on) Laughing 2006 '56 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java Black, Alpaca Interior, PTI, Sidesteps, 22" Stormers wrapped in 285/35/22 Toyo Proxes, Java Framed SC Grille, Java/Zambezi Side Vents, Matt Black LR3 Door Handles, Matt Black Lower Tailgate Trim, Colour coded lower body trims, Semi Smoked Taillights, Chrome Mirrors and Fog Light Bezels, Reflex Exhaust Back, Full Pentagon AutoGlass Privacy, Tasmod Sills, Clear Side Repeaters, pics in gallery!

Post #68854 Sat Dec 02 2006 7:47pm
tf9

Russia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

DDX wrote:

TF9, I personally prefer the matt black platic look on parts of the car - looks a bit more rugged (bit contradiciting of me after I put 22"s on) Laughing

Black tailgate trim? You're talking about the one that hase a RANGE ROVER on it? Where did you get black one? 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2014 Range Rover Autobiography, Causeway Gray, Ivory/Ebony
2013 BMW 530d
2008 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue S\E, Java Black, Ebony. SOLD
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Java Black, Ebony. Arden body-kit. SOLD
2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 Buckingam blue, Ivory. - SOLD.

Post #68877 Sun Dec 03 2006 2:20pm
DDX

Yep thats the one tf9, I purchased a new piece and had my bodyshop spray it matt black! 2006 '56 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java Black, Alpaca Interior, PTI, Sidesteps, 22" Stormers wrapped in 285/35/22 Toyo Proxes, Java Framed SC Grille, Java/Zambezi Side Vents, Matt Black LR3 Door Handles, Matt Black Lower Tailgate Trim, Colour coded lower body trims, Semi Smoked Taillights, Chrome Mirrors and Fog Light Bezels, Reflex Exhaust Back, Full Pentagon AutoGlass Privacy, Tasmod Sills, Clear Side Repeaters, pics in gallery!

Post #68888 Sun Dec 03 2006 6:39pm
Singletrack

DDX wrote:
Yep thats the one tf9, I purchased a new piece and had my bodyshop spray it matt black!

That I want to see! I think we've mentioned the general impatience over getting some pics of this... Rolling Eyes

It should look great with the "RANGE ROVER" applied. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #68892 Sun Dec 03 2006 7:51pm
DDX

I'm waiting for the 'Rover' part of the decal to arrive, then i'll take pictures of it. I hope my dealer hurrys up with it!! 2006 '56 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java Black, Alpaca Interior, PTI, Sidesteps, 22" Stormers wrapped in 285/35/22 Toyo Proxes, Java Framed SC Grille, Java/Zambezi Side Vents, Matt Black LR3 Door Handles, Matt Black Lower Tailgate Trim, Colour coded lower body trims, Semi Smoked Taillights, Chrome Mirrors and Fog Light Bezels, Reflex Exhaust Back, Full Pentagon AutoGlass Privacy, Tasmod Sills, Clear Side Repeaters, pics in gallery!

Post #68893 Sun Dec 03 2006 8:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>