RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Anyone used these 22" tyres?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

SH0X

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

interesting replies there

did not think of stopping at all

but can say from personal use that my set have been fine on the. SC even on the occasional chuck about.

I don't think owning a range rover is something to take high pride in and say some people shouldn't own them lol I also find it quite resonably priced to own apart from low mpg but ive had worse in my M5..its also not the best built car rather over rated I would personally say but that's all a differnt topic☺

yes I agree with some of the points highlighted above being brought to our attention . Never knew about the ratings potentially being false !

Post #499965 Fri Jul 01 2016 3:27am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Johnski I couldn't have put it better myself,,it's surprising how many folk come in my garage with top end cars & ask for budget tyres.Then when I mention they shouldn't really be putting budget tyres on a car like that they reply,,cannot afford the mid range or topend.....well don't buy the car then just to impress the neighbors buy a Ford Focus then you will be able to afford to run it.As for partworn tyres don't get me going on that one.( have you got a partworn tyre,it's only for the wife's car to run the kinds about) obviously they don't care about the wife & kids.
When ever I'm buying a car the first thing I look at is the tyres,,if it has budget tyres I just walk away as it will also have budget brakes,budget oil & budget everything else.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #499970 Fri Jul 01 2016 6:00am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Nexens can be had in that size for £100 a piece + fitting. A decent mid range tyre Thumbs Up

Post #499972 Fri Jul 01 2016 7:11am
mnk

United Kingdom 

I purchased a full set of Toyo Proxes yesterday for £516 (delivered directly to my fitter)

Post #499973 Fri Jul 01 2016 8:12am
junior

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Another thing to watch out for when buying part-worn tyres, especially from a well known auction site, is the recycling of condemned tyres. Have you ever had a sidewall puncture and been told by the fitter that the tyre is now knackered even though the tyre could be nearly new otherwise? Quite sound advice, no problem there.

Now go on to the auction site and see how many part-worn tyres are described as "previously punctured but professionally repaired and pressure tested". Reputable tyrefitters do not get involved in this malarkey so if its not a private sale then there's a fair chance its from a dodgy back street outfit and you should avoid at all costs.

So this topic is not just about buying a decent tyre for your RRS, its also about where you buy it from.

Post #499986 Fri Jul 01 2016 10:21am
SH0X

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Disco_Mikey wrote:
Nexens can be had in that size for £100 a piece + fitting. A decent mid range tyre Thumbs Up

I thought Nexxens were budgets Embarassed

And tyrefitter I would personally check the car out in full before making assumptions and walking away, I wouldnt judge a book personally - they may have got the wheels recently and spent thousands on the rest of the car Idea

Part worns - I have always had near enough brand new (one pair had 7mm) Pirlelli bridgestone or Michellins from my part worn tyre shopping (a lot of leg work) which have come to the hands of the part worn places because people change for brand new tyres as soon as they get one nail in the tyre - they tell me they come from those who care not for money and by the tyre sizes I go for you can tell they are from Porsches etc

If a car also comes into a dealership with odd tyres sometimes they change the lot so a good tyre could be for the bin - there are many types of part worn not just previously damaged.

But im open minded and like a bit of legwork Whistle

Post #500063 Sat Jul 02 2016 7:21pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Nexens are mid-range,,& I get plenty of customers who have fitted these to 4x4's before & have been happy with them.& as for shox,,if they have spent ££££'s on the car before then why would they put budget tyres on.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White