RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > People ordering cars for september what model year is yours?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Chris-52

United Kingdom 

The LR man on the Goodwood FoS stand told me MY 17 with upgraded infotainment and new front bumper would be announced in Nov for delivery in Jan

Post #499733 Tue Jun 28 2016 9:59am
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Post #499736 Tue Jun 28 2016 10:16am
GJW1

United Kingdom 

7th October build on mine but need to lock order in by Thursday

Showing my 16.5 so I can only assume all other orders will be the same but maybe not such as wait.

Post #499737 Tue Jun 28 2016 10:17am
r21

United Kingdom 

Got my build sheet, the car is a MY16.5 build 26th August, delivered 16th September; the dealer had told me the wrong information originally

Post #499842 Wed Jun 29 2016 3:13pm
alexa111s

United Kingdom 

That's what I suspected to be honest as it seemed too definitive that no one knew the exact date yet as it hadn't been released as a formal cut over. I think I might wait and change my order as i wasn't in a rush.

Post #499879 Wed Jun 29 2016 9:31pm
wilf

Bearing in mind the issues JLR are having in XFs and XEs with the new ICT systems, I wonder if they have put the MY17 introduction back for the Sport? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #499897 Thu Jun 30 2016 7:48am
zuluswede

Scotland 

Hello, was wondering how long after placing a factory order will the vehicle build details become available?

TIA,

Z.S.

Post #499999 Fri Jul 01 2016 1:07pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Chris-52 wrote:
The LR man on the Goodwood FoS stand told me MY 17 with upgraded infotainment and new front bumper would be announced in Nov for delivery in Jan

I had wanted the upgrade but thought why keep waiting for the Unknown if the svr gets 15bhp more is that really going to be a world of difference I doubt it.

As for the infotainment for how much I use it I don't see a problem with it. it's slow but it does the job

Waiting another 6 months to place and order and another few to get the car I don't think is worth it for me hence why I have ordered now and will love the car when it turns up for what the svr is.

Post #500059 Sat Jul 02 2016 7:05pm
jc74

United Kingdom 

I was told yesterday that if I wanted a factory order, it would be an October/November build which would be possibly MY17. Any guarantee of a MY16.5 car (and pre end of September delivery) would have to chasing down an existing build slot.

So why would anyone want a car delivered before the end of Q3? - Well there's a £1500 finance deposit contribution (made up £750 dealer/£750 JLR) for any car ordered and delivered from July to end of September...
That plus the additional discounting currently available means you can get a good deal on a MY16.5 car so long as you're too worried about the new MY extras.

Personally, I decided not to wait and took them up on the offer.

Post #500723 Wed Jul 13 2016 9:53am
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi
Similarly, I'm waiting to order a MY17 but my dealer and I are in constant touch and he assures me that they have not had a date yet.

Post #500767 Thu Jul 14 2016 7:47am
alexa111s

United Kingdom 

The facts from my dealer today .... I'll be waiting then I think.. as I've waited long enough to buy this car so may as well wait a little longer !!!

On my return to work I was made aware that we are no longer able to order 2016.5 model year Range Rover Sports. We are able to take orders for the 2017 model year. The orders then go to a holding pool where they sit. Land Rover have still not given a date when these orders will turn into build and delivery dates.
However based on this information my opinion is that the 2017 model years will go into production sometime in mid-August with handover dates late October early November.
Based on our conversations I am aware that you would not want to take delivery of a 2016.5 model year with a new model due out a few months later.
Please give me a call when you have a moment to discuss what is best for you.
I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Post #501270 Wed Jul 20 2016 12:43pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi Chris-52
Thanks for the information.

Post #501275 Wed Jul 20 2016 1:20pm
alexa111s

United Kingdom 

Spoke to Lancaster and this is the situation. No car ordered now (as in right now) will be a 16.5.. it will be a 2017 model... but you won;t have a delivery / build date as they haven't released that yet. So the orders just sit in a queue. They reckon builds for late August first delivery end Oct / early November. So I just gave up my slot and I'm waiting the call and will have to re-spec the car no doubt once the system updates.

So that's the full picture.

Alex

Post #501295 Wed Jul 20 2016 7:26pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

My car is not built until October and is my16.5 so I don't think my17 will be August as land rover has loads of booked slots to sell at 16.5 hence the 3k contribution someone pointed out was made available recently.

I expect my17 to build no earlier than November although orders could be august sometime and delivery end of year / Jan.

all speculation all we know is my17 will happen but when and at what price who knows for me its not worth the wait as my17.5 or my18 could be upgraded to so why not keep waiting each time for the next one.

Post #501331 Thu Jul 21 2016 12:09am
alexa111s

United Kingdom 

Hi.. that's for an SVR though. I kind of figure that its pretty sorted anyway and so I;d personally just take delivery of that as is now. The build dates on regular RRS will change to MY17 much sooner. I trust Lancaster (was Harwards until recently in Tonbridge) as they have always been very reliable. But you are correct the price could change. I really don't like the info system in the current model so I'm prepared to hang out for the new one. I was never in a rush anyway so to me personally it made no sense taking my car on the 23rd Sep when I could wait a couple of months to have a newer model. Even if changes are limited. I got a healthy discount and they have frozen my costs.

Post #501343 Thu Jul 21 2016 9:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>