Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MISSING SERVICE HISTORY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

B9BS X

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
MISSING SERVICE HISTORY

Hi all

Went to see a RRS for a friend who will be joining the club soon and the chap selling the car forgot to mention he has misplaced the service history Laughing

Car seems ok but concerned about buying a car with no history Big Cry

Is there anyway to retrieve service history from Land Rover? RRS SUPERCHARGED, 22 INCH ALLOYS, JAVA BLACK, FULLY COLOUR CODED
EVERY POSSIBLE SOFTWARE UPDATE INCLUDING - BLUTOOTH UPDATE, SATNAV ON THE MOVE, CLOCK ON DASH, 3 CLICK FLASH, GEARBOX RESET, COMPRESSOR UPDATE AND SUSPENSION LOWERED,
BLACK CODE RE-MAPPED, AUTOBIOGRAPHY'D, NEW EXIDE BATTERY, NEW DENSO ALTERNATOR

Post #499136 Tue Jun 21 2016 2:57pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If you can get the VIN then a franchised dealer's service dept should be able to get the computerised records as far as they go........ But once out of warranty and a few years down the line I wouldn't hold out hope of success on that front as once they fall out of the dealer network then the records stop. Ask the seller if he has any receipts available and if not then I would assume that it hasn't had any TLC and walk away from it as there are loads of L320's with full history still out there. Any chances of posting a link to the car? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #499144 Tue Jun 21 2016 4:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Agreed. Walk away. My service history is a wadge of papers about an inch thick covering the last 5 years plus the pointless silly book with stamps in. If the owner can't show any history then the vehicle is a huge risk. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #499150 Tue Jun 21 2016 6:45pm
muskietwo

United Kingdom 

Tricky one. My work colleague bought a Vogue S/C over the phone from a dealer with 'lost' service history, 2006 64000mls and it's turned out to be a good 'un. I wouldn't risk it but you take your chance.

Post #499151 Tue Jun 21 2016 7:05pm
hoppy89

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

take a "petrol head" with you and give it a no holds barred test drive... Shocked
ive had a few with very little history,
you could buy some thing with "full history"... drive it round the corner and it goes bang..

no history does not mean its a nail... just a bigger gamble... but arn't all motors ?

Post #499154 Tue Jun 21 2016 7:36pm
hoppy89

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

take a "petrol head" with you and give it a no holds barred test drive... Shocked
ive had a few with very little history,
you could buy some thing with "full history"... drive it round the corner and it goes bang..

no history does not mean its a nail... just a bigger gamble... but arn't all motors ?

Post #499155 Tue Jun 21 2016 7:37pm
deano_123

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
If you can get the VIN then a franchised dealer's service dept should be able to get the computerised records as far as they go........ But once out of warranty and a few years down the line I wouldn't hold out hope of success on that front as once they fall out of the dealer network then the records stop. Ask the seller if he has any receipts available and if not then I would assume that it hasn't had any TLC and walk away from it as there are loads of L320's with full history still out there. Any chances of posting a link to the car?

Isnt that models from 2012 onwards? Older cars were not recorded on the national network only that dealerships records so unless you know the dealer histories of the car then your abit stuffed. The first owner of mine lost his service book and I havent been able to find out where the second service was carried out, bit of a bummer and will likely put a lot off come selling the car

Post #499164 Tue Jun 21 2016 9:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1