RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Turbchipped today!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Guys over 35 on Motrobikes = mid life crisis candidates!

When I was a teenager many of my school friends in this rural area had mopeds although some of them had more powerful machines that they drove on the farm. Having been in the passenger seat of a Series 2 Land Rover soft top when a motorcycle drove straight through the car, I vowed then that I would never ever own a motorbike. The Landie suffered only superficial damage and a torn tilt................. the motor cyclist unfortunately suffered terminal damage as he entered the car through the windscreen and exited through the rear and back out onto the freshly re-gravelled all weather surfaced road - the high grip type with sharp granite chippings on it. He was torn to ribbons by the road surface.
Those were in the days before compulsory helmets too. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #68907 Sun Dec 03 2006 9:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jimrrsport

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Guys over 35 on Motrobikes = mid life crisis candidates!

When I was a teenager many of my school friends in this rural area had mopeds although some of them had more powerful machines that they drove on the farm. Having been in the passenger seat of a Series 2 Land Rover soft top when a motorcycle drove straight through the car, I vowed then that I would never ever own a motorbike. The Landie suffered only superficial damage and a torn tilt................. the motor cyclist unfortunately suffered terminal damage as he entered the car through the windscreen and exited through the rear and back out onto the freshly re-gravelled all weather surfaced road - the high grip type with sharp granite chippings on it. He was torn to ribbons by the road surface.
Those were in the days before compulsory helmets too.

No mid life crisis Tim!! been riding 15 years! never thought it would happen to me but it did. It was only the quality of th 2k worth of gear I was wearing that saved my life with out any shaddow of a doubt. The sad thing was this was to be my last summer of riding as I got fed up with it. Shame it ended the way it did

Jimmy 9 fingers!! as my mates now call me 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
04 CBR1000RRFireblade Trashed
04 Freelander Sport Premium Gone
03 Freelander 1.8 Kalahari Gone-should have been blown up!!
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #68910 Sun Dec 03 2006 10:02pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Better to be Jimmy 9 Fingers rather than Deceased Jimmy!
Hope that you are now fully recovered................ apart from the missing finger 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #68914 Sun Dec 03 2006 10:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

[quote="Tim in Scotland"]Guys over 35 on Motrobikes = mid life crisis candidates!

Those were in the days before compulsory helmets too.[/quote

Not quite a midlife crisis Tim more of a moment of stupidity, hadent riden a bike in a few years, hot sunny day freind stopped by on his newly finished modified bike and said why dont you take it for a spin see what you think. I now think i was a T***T. some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #68924 Sun Dec 03 2006 10:27pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Damn.. seems everyone has a story to tell about two wheels..
I have only ever ridden a moped.. and even they are dangerous.. Travelling that fast with nothing around you = leaves too thin a margin of protection.. (or the lack thereof)..

I see people in their Smart Cars hooning down the motorway, and i always think they are crazy.. what happens if that large van tailgating you right now didn't stop in time..? not even giving yourself a chance..
Give me a large car/4x4 any day with enough airbags to suffocate you!

Post #68949 Mon Dec 04 2006 1:13am
Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

In a past life I had to deal with many fatal and serious accidents. You stand a greater chance of leaving this world sooner as a biker than a driver. However when your times up - its up.

I personnaly dealt with some horrific car accidents, thankfully mostly the drivers fault - but occasionaly the RTA was caused by the drunken t**t in the other vehicle.

I remember standing over a drunken driver, lying in the road, after an accident. Thought I was standing in a pool of oil until I realised it was blood from his head. He looked at me gurgled and then died. Difficult to forget things like that.

Advanced driving courses are worth thier weight in gold - drive defensively you'll last a lot longer !

Anyway back to chipping - is the fuel consumption any better or is it a myth ? Still undecided whether to have mine done. MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #68967 Mon Dec 04 2006 1:00pm
RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Fuel consumption on my mid-life crisis Harley Softail is about 200 miles per tank, serious amount of pxxx taking from my daughter about not knowing that they made cows that large when I put on my leathers and moustache on.

In my RRS about 500+ on a run going down to 300+ in town, which I reckon is about 50 miles better per tank than pre turboChip!

Now where is my YMCA cassette?

Post #68969 Mon Dec 04 2006 1:38pm
ENVOY

Landlord having had mine chipped for a while now i would sy that it is better on fuel.

Go on just do it you now you want to, you can afford it considering that you arnt going to buy that boat Very Happy some of my Previous cars
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #68971 Mon Dec 04 2006 1:59pm
jimrrsport

It is better on fuel, just bombing around I'm getting at least 3 or 4 mpg more than pre chip 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #69046 Mon Dec 04 2006 9:52pm
jimrrsport

Well today was the big day in court! 4 points £400 fine £43 for police time (that bit gripes the most in a way, the amount i pay in income tax etc.) can't complain, derserved more in some ways. Solicitor was outstanding in the court room. So the down side, £400 at xmas. The upside get to keep driving my awsome rrs!! am off to get p###ed up now, well even more so!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy merry xmas everyone!!! 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #71018 Fri Dec 15 2006 9:32pm
ENVOY

Good result Jim, just what you want before Xmas, at least your still driving some of my Previous cars
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #71020 Fri Dec 15 2006 9:41pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

sorry, but IMO it doesn't matter how much tax you pay if you cause the police to do extra work - you should expect to pay up - why should I have to pay?

Post #71021 Fri Dec 15 2006 9:50pm
jimrrsport

Kaine I pay my dues, I'm one of the good people of the world. First time in my life I cause them any extra work, and I'm billed for it, ok whatever. How many dosser in this country that don't put into the system cause the police extra work. You too might one day make a GENUINE mistake 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #71024 Fri Dec 15 2006 10:06pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

jimrrsport wrote:
Kaine I pay my dues, I'm one of the good people of the world. First time in my life I cause them any extra work, and I'm billed for it, ok whatever. How many dosser in this country that don't put into the system cause the police extra work. You too might one day make a GENUINE mistake

no probs - just adding my opinion - thats all Wink

I'm not perfect - I make mistakes, and then expect to pay for them

Post #71027 Fri Dec 15 2006 10:37pm
jimrrsport

no probs - just adding my opinion - thats all Wink

I'm not perfect - I make mistakes, and then expect to pay for them[/quote]

fair enough Kaine mate, we all pay anyway, well all us good folk!! that was my point really 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #71028 Fri Dec 15 2006 10:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>