RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Where to go?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

t5

Where to go?

Hi just received my LRE Voucher and I'm looking for advice on which centre to visit.
From what I've read so far those of you that have taken the LRE have been pleased. I have also seen a post that states someone here can do a better course than LR. What would that be and why would it be better?

Post #2927 Tue Oct 04 2005 9:59pm
t5

Am I to assume that either not many people have taken up the voucher offer or that one particular LRE can not be recommended over another?
I am still interested in the comments made in another post, by BN I think, that he can provide a better experience than LR.
Come on guys what do YOU think?

Post #3074 Fri Oct 07 2005 9:13pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Where are you based?

Eastnor is well regarded by many people, but they should all offer largely the same level of service.

BN's off road trips are more advanced than the LR days, you'll get to drive more and learn for yourself - also it's a group activity with other site members (or at least those from DISCO3.CO.UK) so it's more social.

I would take up the voucher offer, the upgrade to the full day is also recommended by a lot of people. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #3077 Fri Oct 07 2005 9:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Sorry T5, this post slipped by unnoticed - I posted in another thread a few days back about my experiences at Eastnor. I think it's meant to be the flagship centre, official LR testing ground blah blah - but I've been there twice and each time found it really rewarding and amazed by what these cars can do. It's worth noting I'm no dyed in the wool off-roader, to be honest I prefer to spend my time on racetracks, but I had a great time on both occasions and it's well worth upgrading to the full day.

As for choosing somewhere local - I'm sure all the LRE centres reach are expected to provide activities to a particular standard....

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #3081 Sat Oct 08 2005 12:10am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I did my LRE course at Milton Keynes (Chilerns) a week ago. I upgraded to a whole day for £75. This is well worth doing - you get lunch too. I would of been disappointed with just the morning session - not enough driving and a bit 'tame'. The afternoon was *much* better. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #3092 Sat Oct 08 2005 2:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1