RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > L494 - Parking Aid Not Working. Fault Code B1C30-73 (2E)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

fkarim

United Kingdom 
L494 - Parking Aid Not Working. Fault Code B1C30-73 (2E)

Found the parking aid not beeping this evening. The rear camera comes on fine with the guide lines but the sensors aren't doing their job. It was fine about an hour or so before that when I reversed into my driveway earlier. I vaguely remember reading somewhere on the forum that pressing and holding the parking aid button next to the infotainment screen resets it. When I did that the orange vertical bar/light on the button started flashing and I got a message on the screen "parking aid unavailable, contact your dealer". Plugged in my IIDTool and the fault is:

B1C30-73 (2E) Disable switch - Mechanical failure - actuator is stuck closed

I cleared the fault and restarted the car (albeit without waiting) and parking aid still isn't working. I will let the car go to sleep overnight and check again in the morning if it self-heals but has anyone got any ideas? Dreading booking it in at the dealer and waiting ages for a slot. I suppose it doesn't warrant calling LR Assist for this to speed things up, does it? Got a couple of trips coming up and also parking around here for a car this size is near impossible without parking sensors so would like this resolved soon. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #500218 Wed Jul 06 2016 12:14am
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

workshop manual doesn't give much info, except that park button would flash if it detects any issues,

"The PARKING AID CONTROL MODULE (PACM) has a diagnostic connection via the high speed Chassis CAN bus to enable faults to be retrieved using the Land
Rover approved diagnostic equipment. Additionally an on-board diagnostic routine within the PACM constantly monitors the
system and alerts the driver to a system fault by emitting a 3 second continuous tone through the front audio speakers when
the ignition is switched on. The control switch LED will also flash 6 times when reverse gear is selected or the Parking aid
system switch is pressed."

Post #500242 Wed Jul 06 2016 11:49am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thanks. It has decided to work fine today. Both front and rear are behaving as normal. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #500247 Wed Jul 06 2016 12:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1