RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Second hand values - when to sell?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mail Order Ride

Second hand values - when to sell?

OK so after 7 1/2y with my TDV8 a change in circumstances means its time to move on

Predictably it needs a service this week and the EPB has eventually died too so I need to spend a few ££££ to make it marketable.
(Other than that and an alternator its been blameless)

Being a Yorkshireman I would like to get some value from the cash Im spending on it this week, but on the other hand the older it gets the less its worth.

WBAC currently have it valued at a whisker under 15k which is actually quite a lot below what they are listed for here and on PH but Im fairly realistic and when the time comes would like a painless quick sale

The question is would a 7 1/2y old RR Sport have much variability in its value in the thick of next winter compared to now in August?

Other than the New Year period I could manage perfectly well without a car for a few weeks so selling in Jan/Feb would be fine, when it would be just under 8y old....................

All answers welcome, especially those made up using crystal balls Smile

Cheers

Post #501983 Mon Aug 01 2016 10:40pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'd be amazed if the old "winter improves 4x4 prices" holds much these days. Those who worry about getting around in the winter just put on winter tyres these days. Those who won't spend £500 on winter tyres won't spend £15k on a 4x4 for the winter.

Having said that, there are plenty of RRS et al on rubbish cheap tyres which will need towing by the Micras on winter tyres if we do get any snow... Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #501986 Mon Aug 01 2016 11:56pm
Mail Order Ride

Yes, I know what youre saying
I suppose Im just looking for excuses to hold onto it a bit longer

I run Wintrac Extremes from Dec till March and in the bad winters we've had Ive often been the only person mobile locally which I'll miss, a lot

Humph - not easy is it?
But with a service tomorrow and less than half worn Pirelli Scorpions I should probably get a bit more value from it

Cheers

Post #501992 Tue Aug 02 2016 10:05am
RangeRaver

England 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black
Falling price!

I'm not a bigot but cars, particularly the RRS, are somewhat like women. They lose their appeal rapidly after the first flush of youth. In RRS terms that means after extended warranty expires.

It's a fact that LUXUARY cars end up in the hands of those who are unable afford their upkeep. Hence the tendency for RRS to fall out of bed. Owned MY12 Sport from new!
Previous: Evoque, Freelander 2, Freelander 1, Mercedes CLK (convertible), Porsche 911 (several). E-type.

Post #502000 Tue Aug 02 2016 12:44pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Strangely, I'm keeping mine even though the extended warranty is long gone. Don't see the point of chopping and changing just for giggles. Changing cars is, to maintain your metaphor, as expensive as changing women. You'll pay out much more on the change than you would staying put. And at the end if the day, the ride's much the same irrespective of the exterior... Whistle Rolling with laughter

The only people who benefit from constant car changes are the dealers. Everyone else just loses money (except on certain classics etc). It's the same as the fashion industry. My jeans fit just as well this year as they did when I bought them: why do I need to buy new just because they've changed the stitching or the pocket slightly this year? Parumph! 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #502004 Tue Aug 02 2016 3:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1