RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Water dripping from tailgate
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

gnasher

United Kingdom 
Water dripping from tailgate

When tailgate is fully open after rain, water drips from the right hand rubber grommet.. After heavy rain quite a bit of water drips out of the lock aperture also, therefore water is getting inside the tailgate. No water is getting into the boot area.
Has anybody else had this?
2013 RRS 494 Dynamic.

Post #497290 Sun May 29 2016 1:09pm
Renaco

Germany 

Exactly the same happens with my car. MY15.
I dont have a Problem with the dripping from the edges, but at the Close-Button it is not professional and mostly dripping on my head, as a reminder i have bought a LR product... Wink

Post #497317 Sun May 29 2016 6:02pm
Autobiography

Same issue MY16.5. I stand well back and close it with the key instead of the button in the rain!

Post #497321 Sun May 29 2016 7:10pm
IRBails

Australia 

I have now had 3 surveys in 3 months of ownership , which is a bit of a joke and suggests that LR would not know if their Ar$e was on fire. Of note is when you say you have an issue a long list turns up , seems that there has been a lot of fixes required from a so called premium vehicle. Let's face it the Range Rover is a truck, accept this and you won't get disappointed. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #497328 Sun May 29 2016 9:45pm
gnasher

United Kingdom 

Surely water getting into the lock mechanism and close button is not good... Water and electrics Censored Censored !!

Post #497337 Mon May 30 2016 8:11am
ewerdl

United Kingdom 

Mine did it. Took it to dealer, fixed. Has never happened since.

Post #497393 Mon May 30 2016 6:34pm
Old Milfordian

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Aintree Green

New member 3 month old SDV6 dynamic water comes from the grommet stop RHS on hatch when raised but not as yet from catch mechanism or switch. I am suspicious water is getting in to hatch around the trim inserts on the side of the hatch. Into main dealer tomorrow but have you or anyone actually found the cause.Have read holes behind horizontal trim at point where upper window section shut to lower hatch in older models is at fault

Post #536503 Tue Sep 26 2017 7:01pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Old Milfordian,

You are correct. It happens on L494 model as well. Water ingress to rear hatch cover from behind the horizontal trim strip that goes across the tail gate. I had the same symptoms. Removed trim strip and siliconed around all the trim strip retaining clips and problem was cured! No more getting soaked every time I opened the tail gate after heavy rain or having the car washed!

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #536548 Wed Sep 27 2017 11:23am
Old Milfordian

Just to update - will never know whether dealer was aware of issue or responded to me telling them where the problem is likely to be but clearly as my Sport is new and other postings refer to significantly older vehicles maybe its the former. I was told clips
fixing the horizontal trim across the tailgate showed signs of water ingress. So warranty invoice states - fault confirmed - carry out modification to seals around holes - if the mod is silicone they clearly didn't want to say so !!

Post #536586 Wed Sep 27 2017 7:40pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

If you could update your profile, as it's currently showing 2013 model, (3 month old SDV6 dynamic, in post), not one of the new L494 models., this helps people with giving advice to problems you may have. Thanks. Thumbs Up Very Happy John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #536702 Fri Sep 29 2017 4:30pm
espaceboy

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Autobiography Adriatic Blue

isn't that a restriction in the profile page, its limited to Y2013 as the newest

Post #536727 Fri Sep 29 2017 9:20pm
Old Milfordian

Johnski wrote:
If you could update your profile, as it's currently showing 2013 model, (3 month old SDV6 dynamic, in post), not one of the new L494 models., this helps people with giving advice to problems you may have. Thanks. Thumbs Up Very Happy

For some reason the year drop down menu in vehicle profile only goes up to 2013. Not sure how I can overide this to 2017

Post #536737 Fri Sep 29 2017 11:26pm
JOCK55

You can't! It was just old Johnski having a Senior moment!!

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #536779 Sat Sep 30 2017 3:38pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Quote:
You can't! It was just old Johnski having a Senior moment!!
Old Jock

Embarassed Yes, my humble apologies, I didn't realise it hadn't been updated for the RRS2 and different years for some reason, it can be annoying at times when trying to help, but sorry I didn't check due to a, as Jock would say, a senior moment, or a blonde moment come to that. Whistle Embarassed John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #536780 Sat Sep 30 2017 4:01pm
JOCK55

The reason that it stops at 2013 is this is when the RRS2 was launched. At that time a new Site was created by Martin,([url]RRSPORT2.com[/url]), and all owners of RRS2 were supposed to migrate to that site leaving this site for RRS1 owners. However, there was such poor uptake of RRS2 site that it eventually died a death and has now been taken down. However, in the process the wee vehicle description Avatar still only goes to 2013 and then stops. Something for Mods/Martin to review and rectify?

Regards,

Post #536781 Sat Sep 30 2017 4:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>