RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > 2005 Supercharged First Edition
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Orange RRS

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange
2005 Supercharged First Edition

Picked it up today and drove it 70 miles home without any problems, i had forgotten how much fun they were to drive.
Will give it a really good clean up over the next few days but so far well pleased.
Not sure about the headlight guards and considering replacing the grille with an autobiography one, any thoughts ?
Will also be changing the Reg as Eco doesn't really suit it.

Post #497014 Wed May 25 2016 7:11pm
Jaggs

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I do like that colour, I'd be losing the headlight guards but each to their own 😊 Nanocom Evo

Post #497015 Wed May 25 2016 7:13pm
Orange RRS

I think your right about the head light guards, not sure if the wings are drilled, if so they might have to stay.
Anyone know ?

Post #497016 Wed May 25 2016 7:22pm
tom0311

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Black AB style grille and vents would look good on that IMO. Or the black with chrome scheme. Hard to say with orange, but black goes with nearly everything IMO. Would at least be an upgrade over the standard grey grille. Probably biased here but black door handle covers, wing mirrors, and smoked repeaters all would look cool on that colour.

Looks great though, I'd lose the headlight guards but very nice Thumbs Up

This is the black grille and vents on my 2008, albeit black, RRS:

Or you could go full chrome all over which would also look cool with orange but pretty bling! I guess that's a byproduct of having an orange car though Razz

Post #497018 Wed May 25 2016 7:56pm
mnk

United Kingdom 

Nice car.

The guards are bolted to the grill and inside of wings. The grill will have two holes each side.

Post #497020 Wed May 25 2016 9:01pm
mnk

United Kingdom 

Nice car.

The guards are bolted to the grill and inside of wings. The grill will have two holes each side.

Post #497021 Wed May 25 2016 9:01pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I don't mean to be a party pooper but it looks way too Orange for Vesuvius Orange on a dull day. Vesuvius is a scintachrome paint that should change shade from greeny brown on a dull day through to "You've been Tango'd" Orange on a sunny day or as you walk around it. 1st Editions have been faked as there were only 300 cars available in that colour worldwide and they mostly sold out before launch and were oversold too............ It isn't unknown for them to be resprayed or even wrapped in that colour. You should also have special leather facings on the seats and a host of additional extras as standard that were options for the rest of the range (SE and HSE). You can also check the VIN Plate on the top of the radiator grill/ bonnet slam which also shows the paint code for the body colour. The colour actually looks more Tangier Orange of the G4 special editions....
If you would like a scanned copy of the prelaunch sales brochure that lists the specs for all the models including the 1st Edition then if you pm me with your email address I will send it to you. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #497023 Wed May 25 2016 9:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Orange RRS

It does state first edition on the v5, it has not been resprayed or colour changed according to HPI. The colour does look different in the pics and was quite overcast when I took the photo, will take some more if the sun ever comes out.but it is definitely not tangiers orange like a G4.
What is different regarding the trim, it hasn't got the standard piano black inlays they have a wood appearance. It also has an ivory perforated interior,
Going to remove the light guards and replace the grille, thanks for all the advice.

Post #497025 Wed May 25 2016 9:58pm
Orange RRS

It looks more bronze under artificial light

Post #497028 Wed May 25 2016 10:20pm
Tim in Scotland

Items over the standard 4.2V8 S/C are:
20" Stormer style alloys
BiXenon Adaptive Headlights (Non adaptive where the standard fit for the regular 4.2S/C)
"Sports" Leather seat facings - i.e. Perforated leather as opposed to rushed leather of the standard S/C
Hand polished lined oak wood trim (brochure points out it is REAL wood!)
Range Rover branded carpet mats and bright finish threads on doors and tailgate
Special Vesuvius Paint finish was an option, other colours were Zambezi Silver and Java Black

Previous owners of your car have changed the alloys to the standard 10 spokes in grey and added the combo fog and driving ligh units in the front bumper (the driving lights are good and powerful too, I had them on my TDv8)
Good to hear that the V5 description and colour match the car!

It is also good to know that there are still a few of the Vesuvius's on the road as they are very rare in the UK, most went to the USA. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #497033 Wed May 25 2016 10:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Orange RRS

They were very popular in the Middle East as well. It looks like it is a real first edition as it has everything you listed. One thing it hasn't got is a sunroof Big Cry . I am going to give it a thorough service in the very near future. The starter motor sticks on occasions and only clicks and the rear parking sensors are intermittent. But not bad for an 11 year old Land Rover.

Post #497037 Wed May 25 2016 11:11pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Some on here would say the lack of a sunroof is a blessing as its one thing less to go wrong and no danger of a water leak.. 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #497071 Thu May 26 2016 1:35pm
Orange RRS

I know what you mean I have got a kinversand Disco 2 and have had to seal them up, unless you want a shower when driving.
I still like a sunroof though !!

Post #497112 Thu May 26 2016 9:48pm
Orange RRS

Got rid of the headlight grilles, they have left a small rub mark on the leading edge of both front wings, but looks cleaner on the front end now.
Looks better in the sun

Are these the correct wheels for a First edition,

Post #497124 Fri May 27 2016 1:12pm
Tim in Scotland

Nearly! Original wheels were diamond cut/ chrome finish rather than grey shaded. I think though it looks good on the grey ones unless you are going for the totally original look. I see it also has the door protector/ fenders on it, unless they are stuck on there's no way you will get them off without leaving some drill holes but if you look in the accessories instructions section of Topix where you can download the assembly instructions and can see if they are stuck on or screwed in. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #497133 Fri May 27 2016 4:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>