RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 5+2??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

MSF21

5+2??

So in truly comical fashion, I was very very close to getting an SVR this week. Deal was meant to be done today
Have literally found out that my wife is pregnant again. This will be our fourth
She is in shock, I am in tears Big Cry

In all seriousness will be great. We currently have 3 boys all under 6. How hard can it be Rolling with laughter

Will a RRS 5+2 work?
Or am I best waiting for the new Disco (baby will not be due till Jan)

Or shall I embrace Daddy day care, and just get a proper people carrier, and burst into tears every time I open the door??

Post #495984 Sat May 14 2016 3:53pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Disco all the way.

And the money you've saved on the SVR can be used to buy a couple of bricks... Big Cry Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #495989 Sat May 14 2016 4:04pm
MSF21

Mood is tense at home
Wife and I eyeing each other with deep suspicion....

Post #495990 Sat May 14 2016 4:08pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The two rear seats in the RRS are supposed to be a waste of space and time for any kid over 5.............. OK so you would be OK for a year or two, but either take a look at the Discovery Sport which has 7 seats as standard (and the rear two are allegedly usuable by teenagers and small adults on short journeys), limiting factory is the choice of engine - 2.0ltr TDi take it or leave it. Contact member Muddywheels as he's recently moved from an L320RRS to a new DS. Other option is to wait until later this year for the launch of Disco5 or get a bargain on a fully optioned run out Disco4, they are superb people carriers and load luggers as well as great off road and they are a proven item unlike a newly launched Disco5 would be. Disco5 though might have a better selection of engines as D4 has the lower powered SDv6 engine not the version in SDv6 RRS.

later edit, just another thing about RRS 5+2 - when all the seats are in use there is. No boot at all............... Everything needs to go in a roof carbuncle so roof rails and a roof box need to be added to the spec sheet........... At least Disco4 or 5 have some boot space with the 3rd row of seats in use. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #495993 Sat May 14 2016 4:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Fletcher

England 

We were in a similar situation, 4 kids now . 13,9,4 and a new one . We ordered the 5+2 , arrived just in time . Suits us well the 13 year old sits in the very back , not loads of room but enough. One baby seat and one recaro young sport either side in the rear fits fine and the 9 year old can climb past the young sport to sit in the center . We access the very back seat through the boot . All very good really.
The problem for us is I don't like leaving the car in car parks and the wife won't use it for the school run , it's a new car and we want it to stay new . We bought a vw touran, 7 seater mum bus . It's great , no real need for the range rover sport .
How about keeping the svr and having a mum bus as well .
The ds does have more room in the very back but you sacrifice everything else, it's a posh freelander .

Post #496004 Sat May 14 2016 7:44pm
ExpatPom

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Fuji White

I had the 5+2 in my previous car - not spec'd by me but optioned on the car available on the forecourt.

I only used it once to ferry family members to a wedding. You effectively can't have legs or need to be a small but expert yoga instructor to use the rears, or a child.

Waste of time in my opinion. As per Tim - no space in the boot when they are up (they pop up from the boot floor as well so you'd better hope there is nothing in the boot when you want to use them anyway).

Other real detraction from this option is you lose the spare wheel. This gets replaced by a can of spray which I was never overly comfortable with. You are also limited to the official approved wheel/alloy size you can spec.

I'd recommend checking it out yourself to see if you would find it useful. Wasn't for me. MY15.5 Fuji White, SDV8 HSE Dyn Stealth Pack
Gone: MY14 Fuji White, 3.0 TDV6 SE
Gone: MY10 Stornoway Grey, 3.0 TDV6

Post #496027 Sun May 15 2016 12:26am
MSF21

My real concern is that on other cars (new Q7 and XC90 for instance) they are true 7 seaters
For a RRS its 5+2, and I think at resale the +2 is a real detriment to selling
Be curious if its a lower GFV.....

Biggest issue is this is meant to be a lovely place to sit and much the miles in
Nothing less relaxing than kids screaming in the back Big Cry

Post #496042 Sun May 15 2016 8:28am
Prelude

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Galway Green

Mercedes GLS? More rooms than an RRS.

Post #496063 Sun May 15 2016 12:56pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Unless there's been a big change in the latest Q7 I wouldn't call it a true 7 seater. No where near as practical as the Disco

Post #496065 Sun May 15 2016 1:11pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

I have the 7 seats and they do the job for kids in the very back.

I wouldn't say adults but for kids they are fine.

For storage it's limited but I can fit a medium sized suit case a beach bag a couple of smaller bags and some towels which is enough for 6 people to get away for 5 days just about.

Trade in price and resale I don't think it makes any difference but 7 seat cars are limited so it must add some value but not to use trading the car in.

Post #496092 Sun May 15 2016 5:07pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

I specced the 5+2, and my 2 year old has occupied the third row in his child seat on a few occasions. Its not a great third row but fine for very occasional use. I certainly wouldn't want to be using it frequently.

Having said that I think it would add at least the option cost to the value of a used 3 yr old vehicle as not many 5+2s are sold. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #496100 Sun May 15 2016 6:58pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Think you might be better waiting on a new Disco5 (if it ever gets launched) or get a deal on an outgoing Disco4 than a 5+2

Or look at Merc Spinter people carriers, there are some bespoke ones out there Laughing

Post #496102 Sun May 15 2016 7:06pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

Paid a trip to the dealer today to checkout the Velar, thinking it may be encroaching the RRS market. I was really disappointed with it actually and in the flesh I think the RRS parked next to it looked substantially bigger and better.

Interestingly the dealer was discussing my 5+2, and said they would bite my hand off if I ever wanted to sell it, as they are apparently extremely rare and they have a list of buyers looking for 5+2's. How true this is I don't know but he was well aware I wasn't there to buy a car and I don't think he was trying to appease me. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #531695 Sun Jul 30 2017 7:52pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

5+2 extremely rare Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Ive got a 2014 RRS ab 7 seater & dealer is telling me it's not worth anymore than a 5 seater.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #531697 Sun Jul 30 2017 8:38pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I had a original 5+2 and found the quality of rear seats and the +2 seats were awful,
Definitely not the same quality and comfort as the 5 seater. They may have improved it?
but we got rid of within the first 30 days, and wouldn't touch again personally you loose other things to, all ready mentioned. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #531700 Sun Jul 30 2017 8:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>