RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Discount on SVR?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

MSF21

Discount on SVR?

I know that sounds crazy given there is a long lead time
But I went to a dealer today and they happened to mention they had ordered an SVR for a customer who for whatever reason did not want it. They wanted it gone and thus were happy to do a deal on it
More info to come, but I was just surprised to hear that

Post #495570 Tue May 10 2016 3:46pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

What lead time have you been given on a new order ?

Discount on a stock car I haven't heard of as the used cars are selling for the rrp of new if they are 6 months old and only a few thousand miles so seems odd.

Post #495590 Tue May 10 2016 8:22pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Why would a dealer with a new sought after model, just want to get rid of it? Surely a genuine dealer would know it would fly out without having to discount, unless so basic, but then there are buyers of all versions, I just don't understand this Dealer, strange? John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #495605 Tue May 10 2016 10:37pm
MSF21

Yeah - I am not sure. Its bizarre
But so is fact that a sought after model has such bad residuals
The GFV after 3yrs on 8k miles was 43% of the list, which is lower than on every other RR or RRS (some of these are near enough 60%)

I thought the SVR would be closer to that- esp when you see cars with 7000 miles being offered for list price
Seems LR are very conservative with GFV which makes monthlies expensive !

All very strange

Post #495609 Tue May 10 2016 11:15pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Depending which dealer you talk to lead times are 5 - 8 weeks to 6 - 8 months on the SVR I don't understand why but having spoken to 3 dealers nobody wants to be open about when the car would likely be delivered so for now I haven't given any a deposit as I don't trust them to be straight with me.

as long as lead times stay long the car will hold value better but losing 50%+ in 3 years is normal for cars and I think the range rover sport in general is holding its value well looking online with the exception of the SCV8 which I expect took a hit because if you want the SCV8 you most likely will buy the SVR now.

There are a fair few SVRs for sale on Autotrader that have not sold for a while so perhaps there is room for a small deal for a dealer looking to move stock but I don't expect it to be much.

Post #495615 Wed May 11 2016 12:17am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Another issue is that if the dealer has had to finance the purchase of the SVR himself after the customer cancelled, because LR requires payment for it (Dealers have IIRC 3 months credit lines from LR) then the dealership may need the cash flow and are prepared to sacrifice their margin to get the car off their forecourt. Is the car pre-registered as well? If so then the dealer may also have an end of month and end of quarter sales bonus that they can sacrifice to reduce the sticker price.... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #495629 Wed May 11 2016 8:47am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MSF21

Hi Tim
I think thats what's driving the pressure
They have 2 SVRs already on their books, and a 3rd one has arrived unexpectedly and they want shot.
I am in retail, in a different industry, but fascinated by high end car market as they are masters at getting you to buy and then replace every 2-3 yrs.
I would love to know what the headline margin on an SVR is, and also what the value of various bonuses are to a dealership

Its alot more sophisticated than in my industry !

Post #495635 Wed May 11 2016 9:06am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If you look at the LR Approved Used website there are also quite a few SVR's for sale there, most at extremely ambitious prices for what are 12 months old moderate miles used cars (they are stickered at almost new car prices!). Either dealers are over pricing used stock and SVR is way less desirable than we all think and they hang around for ages on forecourts......... Or pricing is way out and SVR owners are in for a sudden rather large depreciation hit.
Does having Land Rover badging showing on them instead of just Range Rover make them appear to be less of a "sporting" car than say having a BMW or Porsche badge on the exterior? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #495642 Wed May 11 2016 10:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSman

United Kingdom 

A friend picked up an Estoril Blue SVR from Burnham last week. Cancelled order car was in stock and with a massive spec much more than he would have ordered himself. He managed £12k off the car and a very good finance deal. There are deals to be had and the number of approved used cars unsold prove this.

Post #495965 Sat May 14 2016 11:56am
MSF21

Thats a cracking deal. I got offered £4k out. Had to pull out of the deal as today found out wife is pregnant again with our 4th
My best mate said I bet i wished I had pulled out much earlier Censored

Post #495982 Sat May 14 2016 3:49pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Congratulations Thumbs Up Discovery it is then! Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #495995 Sat May 14 2016 5:20pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

£12K discount wow. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #496077 Sun May 15 2016 3:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1