Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Advice on Refund
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

gingadj

United Kingdom 
Advice on Refund

Hello
I got my first RRS on Tuesday - a Yulong White HSE. Its lovely. However, it was delivered by a guy who had no idea about any of the features, came with scuffs on the leather, bits of tape still on from the factory and most importantly, with Black headlining when I ordered Ivory/. The dealer has offered to replace the headlining and loan us another Range Rover but I don't want to go through that hassle, especially with a baby about to be born.
As an alternative they have offered compensation of £1000 which I think it way too low. I would imagine it would cost them at least this to replace...
What do other members think? my leasing company suggest double that....
Thanks

Post #495269 Fri May 06 2016 3:07pm
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

It depends, if the headlining will bother you or not. If I got Ivory instead of the Ebony it would have really bother me (you have gone for the reverse) and on a 60k car it just isn't acceptable to have to put up with a mistake in the order. If it didn't bother me I'd push for £2k.

Otherwise i'd take the loan car if it is fairly new and a good/similar spec - you'll save yourself on insurance and mileage whilst you wait for the replacement - and to be honest, I had a very good loan car for a week last month whilst my brand new RRS SDV6 Auto was having seat covers replaced and fuel slap sorted, it was actually quite nice getting into a car which wasn't my brand new sport that I was paranoid about getting scratched/kerbed/!

Post #495271 Fri May 06 2016 3:25pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

welcome to the forum

when you say leasing company,,,, did you place the order with them, or directly with the dealer yourself

If you placed the order with the leasing company and they didn't make sure it was correct I would look to them to sort this out, financially or otherwise, new babies are stressfull enough to cope with never mind sorting out LR's

eother way you are paying for something that you did not spec, someone needs to correct things, but i think it would be easier if they just gave you the right headlining and replace the leather that it scuffed, making sure the new leather is tight and not baggy when refitted and then give you a generous good will such a accessories (boots mats and sucjh like) or a service if you havent opted for the up front deals

another option would be to have the car detailed by a proffessional to remove the stickers etc

Post #495272 Fri May 06 2016 3:27pm
gingadj

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys. The headlining being black instead of Ivory is an inconvenience, but now we have it, much more practical...
I placed the order with the Leasing company and its not their fault either - they have confirmed that they ordered Ivory.

I am asking for financial compensation and wont accept less than £2k. I paid £71k for the car & cant face the hassle of a loan car...especially as we are having the Isofix base fitted on Saturday.

Post #495274 Fri May 06 2016 3:48pm
gingadj

United Kingdom 

I should also mention that the dealer is over 75 miles from me, so not exactly convenient if anything is wrong with the replacement headlining.....

Post #495275 Fri May 06 2016 3:50pm
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

What about the scuffs on the seat, you should get them to at least replace the covers (even if not until you have the car serviced).

Post #495278 Fri May 06 2016 4:43pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

How come the leasing company personnel didn't spot the incorrect headliner and the scuffed leather - I assume that the supplying dealer sold the car to the leasing company so it is their car until you have finished paying for it? They should be the people sorting it out. Also, although it is polite to take the car back to the supplying dealer for warranty work, in fact you are supposed to be able to take the car to any LR dealership to have warranty work fixed - there are numerous LR dealerships within the M25 and several in Central London. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #495286 Fri May 06 2016 6:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Incorrect spec items are not faults so not something another dealer would sort in my experience under warranty unless LRCR agree it - you're stuck with the selling dealer I'm afraid Confused

I know how frustrating it is - been in similar situation and ended up rejecting the vehicle after they trashed it swapping wrong interior and ordering replacement Sad

Compensation is goodwill gesture and not required by law so you'll struggle to force more than they're prepared to offer - you're rights I believe are give them opportunity to correct headlining etc or reject and request replacement you ordered or accept goodwill but I'm not a solicitor - just someone who's been through the same Censored Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #495291 Fri May 06 2016 9:05pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

This is covered by the Sale of Goods Act and if what you ordered, and have proof of your order etc, hasn't been supplied, then you are within your rights to ask for your money back, less any charge for use since you have had, or for them to put all the errors right. That includes seat cover and head lining and yes it is covered. I got full price back on car purchased because the delivered car was completely wrong spec and interior colour, Trading Standards advised and I ended up getting all my money back plus expenses etc. Don't take no for an answer get what you want, they don't have to offer compensation though, but do have to supply the correct goods ordered. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #495292 Fri May 06 2016 9:20pm
Autobiography

The SOGA was replaced by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 last October. It's much clearer cut and so much easier to reject.

Post #495305 Fri May 06 2016 11:37pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/reg...oCKIrw_wcB Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #495306 Fri May 06 2016 11:41pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

FWIW, I don't think an ivory headlining works well with a white car. You might think the similar colours would tone but they don't. Much better in my view to have a contrast. In much the same way, a pimento interior - hardly a popular option anyway - looks ghastly if the exterior is red, same with a light grey interior in a silver car. Just my opinion.

As for replacing the headlining, I don't know if the RRS is the same but with an Evoque, the windscreen has to come out. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #495307 Sat May 07 2016 5:07am
Tim in Scotland

In addition to the windscreen the panoramic roof also has to come out these days..................... Been there and on advice refused to let it be done to a new car for fear of the body distorting after a huge amount of the body's rigidity has been removed. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #495310 Sat May 07 2016 8:58am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I'm with you Tim Bow down

I would take the money and keep the headlining or reject and get replacement - even a service scares me - thankfully that's every 2 years on mine now Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #495311 Sat May 07 2016 9:05am
Tim in Scotland

BTW my problem wasn't the headliner, it was a rattle in the headliner above the windscreen. I had to live with it for a year until I replaced the car with the RRS! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #495312 Sat May 07 2016 9:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1