RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > New Owner - DRL Questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Japtastic

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
New Owner - DRL Questions

Hi, Just picked up a RRS 2012 3.0 8 Speed. Best car I have ever driven by a long way! Can see why people love them now.

Can the standard LED side lights in the headlight be given more power to act as DRL's? They are just too dim at the moment. I'm looking for something as bright as OEM. If not, I'd put some halo's in but which one's on the market are as bright as OEM and white rather than a tinge of blue?

Post #493325 Tue Apr 12 2016 8:00am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

This has been discussed before and the std led are not usable as DRL Sad

You could look at these http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic44000.html?highlight=drl

or these http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic33476.html?highlight=drl Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #493327 Tue Apr 12 2016 9:19am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Hi,

This is a extract from a reply I added to a Post Previous. Just as Reference have gone into the CCF files and there are three options listed for DRL's on my car a MY13 A/B 5.0L S/C.

1. DRL Standard
2. Scandinavian
3. Canadian

I activated Standard and all that did was give me two Fault Codes B124A-15 and B124B-15 which are Left and Right Daytime Running Light open Circuit but no working DRL's so it may be when you have either DRL lamp kit VPLSV0064 or 65 fitted you may have to activate this but that is purely a guess. By the way those kit's are over £400.00

De-activated that and then activated Canadian and what that did was nothing with ignition on and Engine Running, however when you engage Drive and let the Park Brake Off it Switched Front and Rear Side Lights and Dipped Headlights On, as soon as you apply P/B and take it out of Drive It switches them Back Off.

Again De-activated that and Activated Scandinavian and what that did was as soon as you Start Engine it Switched on Front and Rear Sidelights and Dipped Headlights. (Muddy was correct there).

There is no facility that I could find to just activate the Front Fairy Lights on there own as DRL's.

I hope that all makes some kind of sense.

Cheers
Col

Post #493329 Tue Apr 12 2016 9:49am
Japtastic

Thanks for the info chaps.

I do prefer the inlight halo's that are a solid circle. Has any one tried these, as they look perfect but need to know if they are up to OEM brightness. Can't stand the cheap dim looking one's. Ok on a Mondeo, not on the RRS Mr. Green

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281750272084?eui...e&cp=1

Post #493339 Tue Apr 12 2016 1:25pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

IIRC the correct name for those lights is "Signature" Lights rather than DRL's because they cannot meet the rules for DRL's 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #493340 Tue Apr 12 2016 1:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Not really sure how you would fit those in the Facelift Headlight unless you stuck them over the top of the Original one's as the Headlamp is totally different inside to the Pre-Facelift.

Cheers
Col

Post #493344 Tue Apr 12 2016 1:57pm
Japtastic

Yeah, good point. I don't mind disconnecting the originals as the DRL's would be better. I don't really use the front sidelights. They are either off or dipped beam. Not sure if the MOT test would agree...

Post #493350 Tue Apr 12 2016 2:57pm
chufski

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Col wrote:
Hi,

This is a extract from a reply I added to a Post Previous. Just as Reference have gone into the CCF files and there are three options listed for DRL's on my car a MY13 A/B 5.0L S/C.

1. DRL Standard
2. Scandinavian
3. Canadian

I activated Standard and all that did was give me two Fault Codes B124A-15 and B124B-15 which are Left and Right Daytime Running Light open Circuit but no working DRL's so it may be when you have either DRL lamp kit VPLSV0064 or 65 fitted you may have to activate this but that is purely a guess. By the way those kit's are over £400.00

De-activated that and then activated Canadian and what that did was nothing with ignition on and Engine Running, however when you engage Drive and let the Park Brake Off it Switched Front and Rear Side Lights and Dipped Headlights On, as soon as you apply P/B and take it out of Drive It switches them Back Off.

Again De-activated that and Activated Scandinavian and what that did was as soon as you Start Engine it Switched on Front and Rear Sidelights and Dipped Headlights. (Muddy was correct there).

There is no facility that I could find to just activate the Front Fairy Lights on there own as DRL's.

I hope that all makes some kind of sense.

Cheers
Col

Hi Col

Sorry to jump on board this thread

How difficult is it to edit the ccf file, would like to get mine setup for Scandinavian?
Using SDD at the moment.

Thanks

chuf

Post #496424 Wed May 18 2016 4:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1