RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Check Engine - Amber light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRS1

Canada 
Check Engine - Amber light

Last night on the way home the "Check Engine - Amber" light came ON and stayed ON.

The owner’s manual provides a following description of this warning indicator.

"If the indicator illuminates continuously while driving, the emission performance of the engine management system is impaired - seek qualified assistance"

I am obviously calling the dealer first thing tomorrow morning as they are closed over the weekend to get them to take a look at the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this issue as of yet? Or any ideas on what it could be related to? RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black/Black

Post #2855 Sun Oct 02 2005 6:10pm
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

I do not know much about RRS but in my Evo 8 the light came on after contacting dealer he just reset it and says don't worry much about it...after 2 weeks from that day my engine broke down, one of the cylinders seas (jam) so when the engine light is on it easy not a jock I could say the repair cost me 3000 $ coz here no warranty on any evo's

Post #2866 Mon Oct 03 2005 3:45am
RRS1

Canada 

Problem solved!

My LR dealer had to update some new software on the control module and said it was a known issue for the check engine light to come ON for no apparent reason. But now it's fixed.

They also said that they have seen the same problem in other RRS's. This new software was released by LR last week to fix the issue.

Ironically the same check engine light had come ON a test drive RRS that I tried back in July. So I guess this means that LR takes it's good old time (3 months) to release a software fix for a known issue! RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black/Black

Post #2993 Thu Oct 06 2005 2:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1