RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Range Rover Sport - World Record At Dealer For Warranty Work
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport - World Record At Dealer For Warranty Work

I think I now hold the world record for time at the dealer getting warranty work carried out. Its been at the dealer now for another month - for 7 Months (literally 7 months at the dealer where I don't have access to the vehicle) in the last 18 months the car has been at the dealer getting "things fixed".
I have posted my dilema a few times on the forum but here is the summary to date.

August 2010 Build RRS TDV8
24,000km on the clock (thats 14,900 miles in old talk)

Warranty work carried out since purchase new in December 2010.

- Front ARB bushes replaced.
- Airconditioning compressor replaced 3 times - current one has started to make noises again.
- Air suspension compressor replaced 3 times.
- Battery replaced twice - currently on its way out again.
- Tail gate striker assembly replaced.
- HVAC temperature controls/fan control replaced.
- Air suspension ride height being fixed numerous times (lots and lots in the first 2 years).
- IPOD lead replaced.
- Drivers seat foam replaced - sagged on drivers seat.
- LH centre console hockey stick replaced - warped wooden surface - took 5 goes at this one each time they got a part it was damaged.
- Centre console pulled apart numerous times to get rid of rattles - still there - too hard to fix.
- Ashtray replaced - yes it failed to open and close even thoough it never gets used.
- Gearbox mechatronics replaced.
- Transfer case removed and seals replaced - it was leaking oil at 20,000km?.
- Rear LH CV boot replaced as it was split - grease everwhere - how can a CV boot fail with no off road use and not on a steering wheel at 20,000km.
- Front windscreen valance replaced - started to disintegrate from sun damage - the car is hardly exposed to the sun.
- Rear differential replace twice.

Needless to say the dealer service manager and I are on first name terms.

Currently the vehicle in for warranty work to fix the drive train shunt "which they still cant fix", failing airconditioning compressor - again after 3 replacements, driveability - significant "diesel rattle under light throttle"

The vehicle is now 4 months out of warranty and still being fixed under warranty. Every time I take it in they ask how long can we have it for. I feel like saying now just keep it I dont want it anymore.

Post #493682 Sun Apr 17 2016 1:55pm
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

are you driving your pets / dogs/monkeys or what. something is ruining your ride Laughing

Post #493685 Sun Apr 17 2016 3:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

forgot to mention kangeroo's of course

Post #493686 Sun Apr 17 2016 3:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Sounds to me like it is the Kangaroo's that are trying to fix it. Rolling with laughter

Cheers
Col

Post #493689 Sun Apr 17 2016 3:58pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Shocked

You must really love your RRS or have the patience of a saint to accept that amount of issues and the time in dealer workshop Bow down

I really like LRs but even I have my limits Thud Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #493704 Sun Apr 17 2016 6:12pm
Gornal Hills

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Hi, can you remember what colour it was (is) ?? Rolling with laughter 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #493709 Sun Apr 17 2016 6:44pm
Frax

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Think I would have lost the plot with them and the car by now Crying or Very sad – you must love the courtesy car. Wink Lot of Landcruisers now sold
Audi TT 240 Sport now sold for.
RRS 2.7 HSE Now sold for.
RRS Autoibiography 2012
Defender 300tdi 90

Post #493714 Sun Apr 17 2016 7:46pm
ragpicker

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Thats abysmal really. Have a look at this vid about a guy in a similar situation who lost his patience:

Post #493721 Sun Apr 17 2016 8:34pm
Meiang

Range Rover Sport - World Record At Dealer For Warranty Work

In answer to some of the questions:
1) No courtesy car - none offered ever and there is a $5,000 insurance excess on a loan car if requested. We just put up with driving our 10 year old Honda Civic which is like new after 10 years, no warranty work done ever, once a year oil change and the only items replaced ever is 1 battery at 9 years (didnt fail but there was a minor weap at the posive post) and the tyres at 9 years (which were only half worn but showed uv damage from sun exposure). It also drives better with no shunt or noises or issues.
2) I think the colour is dark, yes I'm definitely sure.

3) Patience, dont need that anymore, lost interest in the car as its too hard to enjoy it or get resolution on anything. I dont get rid of it as a 2010 TDV8 with 23,000km on the clock is not worth anything now.

I'm not alone with LR issues. A friend of my just bought a new RRS 2015 TDV8 Autobiography just before Christmas and it caught fire in the engine bay 2 months later (he paid just under AU$200,000 for the car). It is undergoing a 5 month rebuild by the dealer (estimated cost AU$60,000). They gave him an old Disco 3 to drive while it is being fixed. Obviously he didnt tick the "no fire" option on the purchase document when he bought it.

Post #493924 Tue Apr 19 2016 10:58am
RichG

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Chawton White

Sounds a bit strange that you'd be having this many failures... as in perhaps the replacement parts are being installed by monkeys? Maybe the car is possessed by demons or something??
My own experience with my 2008 TDV6 has been that yes these cars are expensive to maintain, parts are expensive, but NOTHING had to be replaced on mine prior to 160,000km that was not a wear item like tires or brakes
-165K - alternator and the battery (which was still ok, but the positive terminal snapped off while trying to remove it). I also megaflushed the transmission.
-190K km did the timing belt and oil pump, yes late I know. Maintenance items.
-210k km replaced plastic water outlet
-230k km Suspension compressor worn out - replaced with AMK
-238k km lower arms replaced with OEM. Original bushes were shot to hell
-Now at 248k and looking at replacing front shocks, possibly the torque converter too, will have to flush the trans again to see if the issue might just be oil degradation. I also have a front p/s door lock that isn't working.

If I haven't mentioned it there, everything except consumables are original on the car. The AC compressor does whine a bit, but that's happened in every car I've had with over 200k km. The compressor in my A4 is louder.

As for leaking oil, I haven't had a single issue with oil leaks until now - the mechatronic connector sleeve on the trans is leaking. I have the new sleeve which cost $6 I think. Engine still has no leaks. This is unlike every Audi I've had, which have all had leaks as early as 130K. The Audis at least are fixed by renewing the faulty seal. On the Jap cars I've had, they just always leak, new seal or not, and they leak from areas where you can't buy a new seal for, like the distributor. Want to stop that leak? Buy a new distributor for $1000+.

So my thoughts about RRS are that they're expensive cars to run, but when that is balanced against the weight and complexity of the car, and the fact that mine has been (with 20's) on some ROUGH roads on including the Flinders, Darling River Run and worst of all, Adelaide suburban roads (!), I'd almost say they're pretty reliable! I regret that this has not been your experience. MY08 RRS TDV6, Chawton/Black, sunroof, hk, 268k km
2001 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 5mt sport, 340k km
1990 Nissan Pintara TRX, lots of mods, 438k km

Post #493994 Wed Apr 20 2016 12:56am
CornishRob

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Yep, the next thing I would be changing would be the Dealer .... Rolling Eyes

Post #493998 Wed Apr 20 2016 7:34am
Meiang

Changing Dealer

Changing Dealer is not a simple as it sounds. There are only 2 Landrover dealers in town and they have common ownership.
The next major landrover dealer is 2000km away. There is a small dealership in a country town 600km away.

No real choice for warranty work.

Post #494000 Wed Apr 20 2016 7:40am
RichG

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Chawton White

Knowing very well the dealer that's 2000km from you, I wouldn't bother with them either! Rolling with laughter MY08 RRS TDV6, Chawton/Black, sunroof, hk, 268k km
2001 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 5mt sport, 340k km
1990 Nissan Pintara TRX, lots of mods, 438k km

Post #494001 Wed Apr 20 2016 7:42am
Gornal Hills

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Its not Walk About Creek is it ? owned by a Mr M J Dundee Whistle, sounds like he's the mechanic by the luck your having Thumbs Up. Every time i watch a programme down under they all seem to drive Landcruisers, i think they must know something we don't Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #494009 Wed Apr 20 2016 9:22am
CRC@LandRover

United Kingdom 

Hi Meiang

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your concerns, please accept my apologies on behalf of Land Rover for any inconvenience and frustration that may have been caused.

Should you require any assistance and require us to liaise with your retailer whilst they complete the repairs to your vehicle, please feel free to send me a PM with the following information;

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Full VIN/chassis number
Relevant Land Rover retailer

Also, as I note that your friend has also been experiencing concerns with their vehicle, if they are happy for us to do so, we would be happy to offer our assistance to them and liaise with their retailer as appropriate. If you are also able to provide their details (as outlined above), we will be happy to make contact.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Ryan Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #495056 Tue May 03 2016 4:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>