RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > TV on 07 model
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

jimrrsport

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
TV on 07 model

Anyone know a simple bypass on the TV to stop it going of when a gear is selected?
Jim 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
04 CBR1000RRFireblade Trashed
04 Freelander Sport Premium Gone
03 Freelander 1.8 Kalahari Gone-should have been blown up!!
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #67631 Thu Nov 23 2006 10:40pm
Conceptenigma

England 

Hi There, there is no simply bypass on RR Sport 07 model the only way to do this is to fit a can bus interface.

Regard Paul

Post #69361 Wed Dec 06 2006 11:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PeterG

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zermatt Silver
TV, DVD in motion over ride

Hi Guys

I have also just bought a 2007 RR Sport HSE, and the most frustrating thing is that when the car is out of park that the dvd picture on the front screen is disabled, the two rear screens still play.

Does anyone have advise on what i need to do or what equipment is required to by pass this over ride.

Paul suggested a bus interface below where can i buy one and how is it fitted.

Regards
peter MY07 RR Sport HSE,Factory fitted:Alpine DVD changer, rear seat headrest screens are Harman Kardon as well as cordless headphones and remote control, sound system is a harman kardon Premium, Centre console fridge. Vacuum closing tail gate, Nav, sunroof, door strips, adaptive cruise control/ forward alert, towbar, bi xenon / adaptive lights w corner lights, premium and off road nav, personal telephone integration, powerfold mirrors, pdc, dynamic response, premium leather.

Post #79137 Wed Jan 31 2007 11:49am
Prestige Audio

We do a canbus interface which allows the TV to stay on all the time. I will need to double check tomorrow, but from memory, the interface is about £350.

Post #79251 Wed Jan 31 2007 8:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Nav-TV sells a fairly expensive video-in-motion kit, although it is probably cheaper in the UK than it was for me here in the States, since my 2006's playback was disabled even with the car in Park. 

Post #79255 Wed Jan 31 2007 8:59pm
PeterG

DVD Nav in motion

Hi Guys thanks for the replies, I must say it is frustrating, i wish Landrover would assist but i contacted Landrover South Africa they are not interested, i told them that for me on the navigation it was a step back as at least on my BMW x3 you were allowed to input info in the nav system on the move.

Please could i have more info on the canbus as well as nav tv and how difficult are they to wire. MY07 RR Sport HSE,Factory fitted:Alpine DVD changer, rear seat headrest screens are Harman Kardon as well as cordless headphones and remote control, sound system is a harman kardon Premium, Centre console fridge. Vacuum closing tail gate, Nav, sunroof, door strips, adaptive cruise control/ forward alert, towbar, bi xenon / adaptive lights w corner lights, premium and off road nav, personal telephone integration, powerfold mirrors, pdc, dynamic response, premium leather.

Post #79302 Thu Feb 01 2007 5:59am
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Peter - it's really helpful if you (and other members) put a brief description of the model and year of your RRS in your signature. As features vary by model and model year - it helps other forum members respond to a query if this information is provided. If you have an 07MY RRS then you should have sat nav on the move. If it is 06 or 05 - you do not. To my knowledge, other than a temporary hack which lasts until the next time the car is started, no one has come up with a workaround for sat nav on the move. I'm waiting for my dealer to advise if the change from MY 06 to 07 is hardware, firmware or software (or a combination) which will determine if it can be retrofitted as a feature for earlier models. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #79303 Thu Feb 01 2007 7:08am
PeterG

I have put my vehicle description in my signature, My RRS arrived off the ship two weeks ago.
The Vin no starts with a 7A
On the move i can view the nav system, but cant input an adress, the only way to enter info is via the voice system, which does not work all that well when travelling at 120KM per hour.

This could be how the South African RRS's are specd.

Regards
Peter MY07 RR Sport HSE,Factory fitted:Alpine DVD changer, rear seat headrest screens are Harman Kardon as well as cordless headphones and remote control, sound system is a harman kardon Premium, Centre console fridge. Vacuum closing tail gate, Nav, sunroof, door strips, adaptive cruise control/ forward alert, towbar, bi xenon / adaptive lights w corner lights, premium and off road nav, personal telephone integration, powerfold mirrors, pdc, dynamic response, premium leather.

Post #79309 Thu Feb 01 2007 7:41am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

It could be a SA market thing. But are you sure Peter that you have an 2007 model? Your dealer should at least be able to confirm whether or not it is market specific. Advise him that you know in other markets around the globe, it IS available on the move. If it's market specific I guess you are stuffed without going to a third party "fix". 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #79318 Thu Feb 01 2007 8:55am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Here in the US satnav entry on the move is still disabled on all 07s (but front RSE viewing while parked is enabled, which wasn't the case last year)... So, I assume South Africa may get the same spec cars as North America, then - or at least the same stupid attorneys. What wood finish do you get with LUX packages over in SA, cherry or walnut? It's cherry here, walnut across the pond... Confused

PS: You got cordless headphones w/ your RSE system? (Just noticed your sig.) That's strange, I thought only corded ones were supplied and cordless wouldn't work at all w/o an aftermarket adapter. And what's an "Alpine DVD shuttle", is that "Alpine DVD changer" in proper English? Smile 

Post #79498 Thu Feb 01 2007 4:24pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry I want cordless headphones as well RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #79525 Thu Feb 01 2007 5:30pm
PeterG

Hi

I have been told that it is deffinately a 2007 the 7A in front of the chassis no describes the model year, the 2006 had a 6A.

We only have two variants in the RR Sport here the 4.4 and the 4.2 supercharged, the only choices one makes is the colour of paint, leather and wood finish or non wood with full leather panels, these were all a no cost option.

The "shuttle" is local slang you are correct it is a Alpine DVD changer.

Ps. the dvd screens also come with a Harman Kardon remote.

My dealer has also confirmed that our vehicles are USA spec but right hand drive for our market.
Hence front RSE viewing is enabled in park. MY07 RR Sport HSE,Factory fitted:Alpine DVD changer, rear seat headrest screens are Harman Kardon as well as cordless headphones and remote control, sound system is a harman kardon Premium, Centre console fridge. Vacuum closing tail gate, Nav, sunroof, door strips, adaptive cruise control/ forward alert, towbar, bi xenon / adaptive lights w corner lights, premium and off road nav, personal telephone integration, powerfold mirrors, pdc, dynamic response, premium leather.

Post #79909 Fri Feb 02 2007 1:49pm
chex

thats strange..how come they're not ROW spec

Post #79919 Fri Feb 02 2007 3:04pm
sailorman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Chawton White

hi everybody

can i fit a tv tuner in front screen with an icon of tv function

thx

Post #89665 Sun Mar 04 2007 12:22pm
sailorman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Chawton White