Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Alston Headlining Issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Ieuan

United Kingdom 
Alston Headlining Issue

Hi,

Ordered the Autobiography which supposedly comes with Alston headlining as standard. However about a day before my order was taken, dealer called me to tell me that Alston headlining was a 1,000 option. So I naturally declined and went for the Morzine.

I since checked the configurator and it appears to be included as standard on AB. Dealer has since confirmed this an that they made a mistake.

We can't change the order now, but the order sheet doesn't show Alston or Morzine, only the colour way.

Anyone know whether I will get Alston or Morzine?

Post #492389 Thu Mar 31 2016 11:42pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

Ask the dealer for a copy of their Vista order specification, to see what they have in the system.

Make sure you get everything in writing as you may need it to argue your case in the future.

I had a similar issue with the tow pack during my order where I relied on the salesman's advice and a few months later he left. I ended up with a car with no tow pack. Not sure if it was salesman's fault or the dealer procurement dept but it ended up in a bit of a fight. The only thing that resolved it was me showing a copy of the Vista order specification from months earlier showing the tow pack included. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #492396 Fri Apr 01 2016 3:27am
R444SPT

United Kingdom 
Re: Alston Headlining Issue

Ieuan wrote:
Hi,

Ordered the Autobiography which supposedly comes with Alston headlining as standard. However about a day before my order was taken, dealer called me to tell me that Alston headlining was a 1,000 option. So I naturally declined and went for the Morzine.

I since checked the configurator and it appears to be included as standard on AB. Dealer has since confirmed this an that they made a mistake.

We can't change the order now, but the order sheet doesn't show Alston or Morzine, only the colour way.

Anyone know whether I will get Alston or Morzine?

For an AB the default is Alston, it does depend on if that was overridden when the order was placed, Vista order sheet it will have to be.m

Post #492434 Fri Apr 01 2016 4:33pm
Autobiography

Moraine is standard on all derivatives.

Alston is a 1,000 option on HSE and HSE Dynamic.

It is now a NCO on Autobiography rather than standard.

On the L405 LR made Alston standard on Autobiography and leather a NCO.

Widely thought to be a cost cutting measure.

If your car has it there will be an additional line saying 'INTERIOR TRIM - ALSTOM'

I'd personally make the dealer either replace or order a new car. It is much nicer.

Post #492556 Sat Apr 02 2016 11:28pm
Ieuan

United Kingdom 

The answer is: it turned up with Morzine Sad nevermind.

Post #494878 Sun May 01 2016 9:41pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

So are they refunding you the 1000 for the headlining you should of had as a No cost option Shocked Whistle 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #494880 Sun May 01 2016 9:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1