RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Who wears winter tyres?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

harrij07

Switzerland 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Galway Green
Not sure about insurance viewpoint.

I know they wear quicker in higher temps, and it is said they are less grippy in warm temps. I have friends here in Switzerland who run then year round on their hatchbacks. Unsure about the 2.5 tonne beauty that you have.

Post #492585 Sun Apr 03 2016 10:32am
dalmat

Croatia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I always had two sets so it is time for me to switch back to summer's set too. Hot summers over here would destroy winter tyres.
When I bought the car both sets were included in price (both 20'' size).
I am thinking for the next winter to get 19'' wheels with standard size which would be a better choice in my opinion.

Post #493025 Thu Apr 07 2016 10:03am
AS90

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HST Santorini Black

I run them all year I told my insurance who were happy owning to my travel etc had no problems

Post #495386 Sun May 08 2016 7:22am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I run Winter tyres in North Wales, on a set of rims specially for them, but Summer I run another set of 20" rims with Road/Off Road specification. The difference in handling with Winter Tyres and the four wheel drive make a really noticeable difference, and give you better control.
People with two wheel drive cars with winter tyres fitted, can often handle better than a 4x4 using summer tyres, seen in real life and on videos. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #495435 Sun May 08 2016 10:58pm
Fictivision

Norway 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I have also 2 sets of wheels.Winter tyres are Michelin with studs.Shame I cant leave Norway during winter with them on since its forbidden almoust everywere then Norway and Sweden.

Post #495906 Fri May 13 2016 8:33pm
harrij07

Switzerland 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Galway Green
I have never driven with studs..but

I have never driven with studs, but would like to experience it. Pardon my ignorance, but do the tyres come ready studded, or are they applied? Hope you aren't rolling around on the floor in tears. Shocked

Post #496041 Sun May 15 2016 7:11am
Fictivision

Norway 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Fictivision wrote:
I have also 2 sets of wheels.Winter tyres are Michelin with studs.Shame I cant leave Norway during winter with them on since its forbidden almoust everywere then Norway and Sweden.

They already are studded when you buy them.The grip is amazing with these tyres,only problem is there is more noise inside then with tyres without.

Post #496071 Sun May 15 2016 12:48pm
Slim444

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Still got my 19" winter tyres/wheels on as prefer the ride over the original 20's Wink
Not doing a lot of miles in the RRS, so haven't gotten around to changing them yet- might be one reason the fuel consumption isn't too clever right now either!

Saturday update: 20" wheels back on, car a bit more fidgety and slightly sharper handling as expected, but a little less road noise...

Post #496480 Thu May 19 2016 12:34am
hafman

United Kingdom 

I've just bought a 2014 RRS 3.0V6 diesel and I'd like to get a set of wheel rims & winter tyres. I currently have Continental 275/40R22 (108Y) tyres fitted. Any suggestions for what might be a suitable rims size & tyre combination to get? I'm tempted to get some 19" for better grip in the snow, but would appreciate any user comments.

Many thanks,

Julian

Post #507899 Sun Oct 16 2016 8:44am
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

On my 2010 TDV8 I had a set of 19" wheels and winter tyres and I was shocked at how it improved the already great ride. The ride was simply smoother but still very sure and it gave you more confidence in the wet and certainly when ice and snow came along. I drove with this set-up to Austria for skiing and could go anywhere that I tried and the motorway stretches were great. Thumbs Up Now sold 2010 TDV8 Santorini black, lots of extras and best car I ever owned, and there's been a few. I will be back.

I came back with an L405 FFRR

Post #507902 Sun Oct 16 2016 9:41am
Slim444

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Welcome hafman!

I've had my 19" rims on for a few months now, got fed up with the 20's after kerning them, and the slightly harsher ride. Have to say I'm sold on the 19's now, I'd even have 18's if they would fit! Not had a problem with the winter tyres to be honest either, apart from the increase in fuel consumption over the Hankooks that were on the 20's. I do expect them to wear quicker too. 22" wheels on a Range Rover is just madness if you ask me, but each to their own! The guy who bought my 20" wheels and tyres was very happy with them, he said they were a vast improvement over the 22's he had.
Anyhow, for your car, go as small as you can wheel wise to avoid damaging the rims, oh and enjoy the extra comfort Wink As for tyres, plenty to choose from, but common sense would say stay clear of budget (aka Chinese ditch finder) brands.
PS the 19" RRS wheels are a 255 width too, so better for cutting through the wet stuff...

Post #507978 Mon Oct 17 2016 3:13pm
HemoRRS

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I want some of these for mine, love to know how he got these to fit.

Click image to enlarge

Post #507989 Mon Oct 17 2016 5:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12