RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Upgrading 2012 screen to Dualview unit possible?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

PEACHY

England 

Another part of the dual view system - set up is the wifi headphones - these are paired using a piece of kit mounted to the headliner just behind the sunroof Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #492112 Tue Mar 29 2016 5:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bitcrunch

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Have found one on ebay so worst case ill have to grab that board also.

I like to tinker with electronics hence why im in the eletronics field so im prepared to rip the infotainment to pieces and probe around see what i can do with it.

Great input guys this site is truly a treasure trove of information.

Post #492114 Tue Mar 29 2016 5:55pm
PEACHY

England 

I have a spare set of new wifi headphones that can be sent your way if needed - try them at first - if no good just send them back - if they work just pass a donation on to the forum Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.

Post #492116 Tue Mar 29 2016 6:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bitcrunch

I guess the parts list is starting to mount up lol maybe im in for more than i bargained for. I will wait till i recieve this dual view screen and then go from there.

Thanks for your offer peachy ill get back to you once i get the screen.

Post #492120 Tue Mar 29 2016 6:15pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I think I have used the dual screen function twice and one of those was testing it worked! Whistle

Could someone tell me what useful things I can do with it please Question 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #492121 Tue Mar 29 2016 6:19pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

PEACHY wrote:
I have a spare set of new wifi headphones that can be sent your way if needed - try them at first - if no good just send them back - if they work just pass a donation on to the forum Thumbs Up

Peachy,

Are you sure they are spare? if you have Dual View and Rear Entertainment the car comes from L/R with Three Sets.

Cheers
Col

Post #492123 Tue Mar 29 2016 6:27pm
PEACHY

England 

Col - I have acquired a couple of sets - just for spares Whistle I liked the newer version with the Range Rover logo so now got over ear & on ear Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #492124 Tue Mar 29 2016 6:30pm
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Bit crunch,

You may have to change the "Setup" button on the switch pack to a "Dual View" button.

It's the RH switch on the bottom row. The owners handbook diagram shows it (IIRC it's "Item 8" on page 105) - It also shows "soft button" (Item 1) changes function from "Audio Settings" to "Setup".

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #492418 Fri Apr 01 2016 12:11pm
bitcrunch

Hi guys, so.. ive recieved my dual screen unit and looking at the back the models are identical which got me a bit weary on whether it was dual screen or not but i stripped the top section of the dash and plugged it in and glad to say it actually turns on and works!

Its definately the dual screen as the resolution doesnt look as crisp as the original one but I have no way to get it into dual view mode as when i press the setup button it still brings he unit to setup screen.

Looking at the wiring harness for there appears to be only 4 pins and cables from the back of the control panel out of 8 so maybe im missing the extra wires to enable dual screen.

I am on the phone sitting in the car atm without the windows open and starting to cook but once I manage to get the main dvd unit (hard drive is located inside that no the screen as first thought) ill try and get some pictures uploaded.

Time to crack on..

Is there another way to enable dual view without that button being pressed?

Struggling to remove the centre console to get the main navi unit out so may not be able to update you guys on the hard drive upgrade.

Post #492485 Sat Apr 02 2016 10:00am
TPS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I know you will need to change the config of the vehicle to tell it there is a dual view screen installed. You would need an IIDTool or similar to make the changes. -----------------------------------------------
RRS SDV6 HSE MY2012 Orkney grey, Oxford leather Ivory seats Ebony carpet, Anigre wood trim, enhanced design pack.

Post #492495 Sat Apr 02 2016 11:38am
bitcrunch

Looks like the car has accepted the fact the screen is dual view without changing anything other than the screen.

From what I can tell by examining both my original unit and the dual view screen its the same circuits apart from the firmware and dual view panel that is different.

Just need to work out what pins the dual view button interfaces with now as when i start to drive off the screen now notifies me that the tv screen has been disabled and if I must press the dual view button in order to enable dual view which i dont have so am unable to switch it on.

Hopefully some kind soul can send me a picture of their bigger wiring plug that goes into the back of their control panel so i can try to work out what pins enable the dual view.

Post #492509 Sat Apr 02 2016 1:07pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Hi,

I don't know if they will be of any use, but if you pm me a e-mail address I can send you some copies of wiring diagrams which I downloaded specific for my car which is a MY13 which has Dual View, Rear Entertainment and Surround Cameras etc.

It may help you trace the Pins/Connectors/Cables etc. Personally it hurts my brain trying to follow them, but a Electrical Technician I am not Laughing

Cheers
Col

Post #492530 Sat Apr 02 2016 4:15pm
bitcrunch

Ok guys just an update on situation, Ive recieved my dual view control panel and connected it up.

When first starting up both driver and passenger can see the tv screen but on pressing the button first time i notice the left side of the screen goes blank but right side still shows image but when driving the screen on right side tells me that i cannot watch and that passengers should press dual view button. pressing the dualview button does nothing and passenger side stays blank.

Im guessing im missing a cable that gives the video signal to the passenger side.

So looks like its possible to get a dual view screen and control panel (found i can activate dual view in valet secret menu also without the control panel) but something else is missing which im mot sure about unless someone with a dualview system can help with pictures of the wiring connected to their screen.

Till then ill have to put this on the backburner and come back to it once I have more time.

Post #492946 Wed Apr 06 2016 12:21pm
bitcrunch

Could someone who has a dualview setup post a picture of whats underneath their drivers seat. Would like to see whats connected to the box under the seat. Would like to see what cables are connected.

Thanks.

Post #493006 Wed Apr 06 2016 11:20pm
Sye 225

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Hi bitcrunch just wondering how you are getting on with the upgrade? or if its still being a pain in the ass! im currently on the look for a 2012 and have my eye on one without dual view, but was wondering how easy it would be to install one. I don't know if it worth waiting for one to pop up or go for this one as its got all the rest of the goodies bolted on it.

I don't know whether this would help but i know when the option was installed that it came with 1 set of whitefire wireless headphones for the passenger and i would assume the movie/channel playing wouldn't come through the speakers unless dual view was switched off? Could this maybe causing a problem for the passenger side staying blank?

Tony

Post #534515 Mon Sep 04 2017 12:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>