RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 275/40/20 or 295/40/20?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Kaine

United Kingdom 

Brian Mason wrote:
With regard pix, there appears no facility for normal picture uploading onto this website without complications? (

Brian,

Have you tried uploading into the gallery - I have never experienced any problems doing this

Kaine

Post #67924 Sun Nov 26 2006 12:50pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Brian Mason wrote:
With regard pix, there appears no facility for normal picture uploading onto this website without complications? Shame, because I also wanted to show the recently installed Rossini drilled and grooved discs alongside the 20"wheel+295/40 tyre combination.., nice! Sad

Brian - uploading photos is a piece of cake! You upload them to your gallery then paste the link from the gallery into your forum post. Uploading pics to the gallery is just a question of selecting to upload photos, browse to their location on your pc and select them.

Like MDP, I'd very much like to see a close up photo of your OEM 20" wheels with 295's mounted. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #67925 Sun Nov 26 2006 12:54pm
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Thanks fellas (Singletrack/Kaine). Yes, I'll get some pix uploaded then asap, including the Rossini front drilled & grooved discs. Watch this space......

Post #68144 Mon Nov 27 2006 8:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simonsi

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

Brian Mason wrote:
Also, as rolling circumference has increased and the speedo readout reduced, I'm informed the recorded mileage may theoretically diminish by the corresponding percentage (ie 10,000miles would drop to 9,000'ish.., please correct me if I'm wrong).

Nope you're bang on the money, any change in rolling circumference has a corresponding % change in speedo, trip, odo and any derived readings such as mpg etc - you just have to be careful to know which direction a particular change will go to assess it as a "good" or "bad" change, eg if you fit a taller tyre with 10% more circumference then your odo, trip and speedo readings will all reduce by 10% (good!) but so will any derived mpg figures (bad!) Cheers

Simon

2007 2.7HSE 20" Wheels
2005 TDV6 D3 S Auto - Zambezi Silver - JE Tune - RRS 19" - Sidesteps - Roof Rails
Body Side Strips - Xenons - Bright Pack - Cold Pack - Premium Stereo
Alpine Roof - Towpack - Alpine Touchscreen Satnav - Veba Rear DVD changer
Alpine Roof Monitor - Webasto FBH Timer - Brembo Frt & S/C Rr Brakes

Post #68961 Mon Dec 04 2006 11:26am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Wider tyres will result in more tramlining and greater road noise for certain, pus some possible issues with turning circle and steering lock to lock ratio.

The rolling radius will be the same so have no effect on speedometer etc.

Those measurements are the same sidewall profile so will offer absolutely no extra protection to the rims, which as I know, is poor.

I understand this will probably not be a consideration but wider profiles will be worse off road, you'd be floating about and not have enough purchase to make headway. The stock size tyres are bad enough as it is!
_________________ L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #69354 Wed Dec 06 2006 11:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12