Home > Orders (L494) > RRS hse dynamic vs RR Vogue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Chris1981

United Kingdom 
RRS hse dynamic vs RR Vogue

Hi
Thinking about buying a new RRS.
Have never previously owned a landrover.

When I configure my RRS hse dynamic with a few options the price gets very close to the Vogue with a few options as well but a lot higher standard spec.

So now I am a bit lost. I like the looks of the bigger, really is nice looking car, but I heard its more wobbly on the roads.
Have not test driven yet. Will do in a few weeks time.

Have anybody been through the same value for money issue here?

Post #491322 Sun Mar 20 2016 7:27am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Chris welcome to RRSport, there is one defining difference.................... It's that bit in the name - Dynamic. L405 doesn't get it so has a much softer ride and rolls a fair bit more in spirited driving. Even compared to the non Dynamic RRS L405 ride is a bit softer and a tad more rolly. Vogue is very very nice to travel in, RRS HSE is much more of a driver's car while remaining very comfortable. You must have put an awful lot of extras onto the RRS to have got it to the price of the Vogue though. I would recommend that if you want to try both cars back to back you contact on of our forum Sponsors Lookers Park Royal Land Rover or Grange Garage Barnett and ask if you can do a back to back test drive. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #491325 Sun Mar 20 2016 8:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Chris1981

United Kingdom 

Thx for reply.
Costs comes down to 77k vs 71k. So 6k difference.

Will not be doing any serious offroading. The occassional fishing trip, longer trips to Europe and a golf bag in the back.

Post #491337 Sun Mar 20 2016 10:31am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'd go with the FFRR rather than the RRS, to be honest. The FFRR doesn't handle like the new RRS but it's not bad. If you're going to be pottering around or doing long trips then the FFRR is a fabulous thing. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #491343 Sun Mar 20 2016 12:16pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I did the back to back test drive and for me the L405 won . It will be interesting to see what you think .

Post #491344 Sun Mar 20 2016 12:36pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

I came from FFRR and am now in RRS SDV8, for me, I didn't need the additional space, and the drive on the RRS is much more engaging.

Towing off road, both are more than capable enough for me needs, unless they bring out a FFRR "dynamic" I can't see switching back...

But we are all different so great we have choices !!!! Thumbs Up

Post #491345 Sun Mar 20 2016 12:59pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The FFRR and the RRS are aimed at different markets really. The RRS is the sporty version with suspension compromises that will give better handling at the expense of the ride quality. Having driven the FFRR over a track that I'd also driven RRS, D4 and Evoque, it was amazing how the FFRR made the bumps disappear even compared to the RRS and D4. The Evoque bounced and thumped about as you might expect. That's the strength of the FFRR.

I'm not sure I understand the appeal of wanting to drive the RRS as if it was a sports car though. On today's roads the margins are small and the RRS is big and heavy. Most of the time you can't drive it hard. My old TDV8 with 120k miles on its somewhat tired suspension is still too fast for most single carriageway roads; I'd hate to think how fast you need to drive a RRS2 to make it feel like you need the suspension to be "sporty". 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #491349 Sun Mar 20 2016 1:39pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

It's great aiming things at different markets, the trouble many have, is that we are not pudge on holed into just one market, if we were I doubt SUV's would of been that successful.

Speed isn't really a consideration, as you highlight the sports suspension has tighter qualities, some prefer the comfy armchair, others a firmer more sculpted clinging seat,

So many choices...

Post #491351 Sun Mar 20 2016 1:47pm
Mr Rusty

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Imo and as other have said the FFRR appeals to a different demographic, all technical differences aside it will always be regarded as the older sensible brother/Cousin and after testing both before I bought my own RRS I can see why. It's appealing to this different demographic not only for the ride and handling bit visually and overall appeal. Land Rover developed the RRS to engage and appeal to a different type of buyer and this still remains today.

Having said all that. It it were my money I would probably choose a FFRR.

Nice choice to have! Thumbs Up 2015 RRS AB SDV6, Fuji White, Ivory
2012 RRS HSE SDV6, Sumatra Black and Ivory
Audi A5, 3.0 TDI, Gone
Audi TT, 3.2 V6, Gone
BMW 5 series tourer, Gone

Post #491356 Sun Mar 20 2016 2:59pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Comfy armchair for me and telling people to "get off my land " .(I don't own any BTW)

Post #491357 Sun Mar 20 2016 3:01pm
wilf

Having driven both, the FFRR felt too "floaty" and "wallowy" for me, coming as I was from a Jag XFS.

The RRS with Dynamic chassis drove in a far more composed manner to my mind, and won my hard earned.

So drive them both and see which you prefer, it is an individual thing. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #491369 Sun Mar 20 2016 5:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1