RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > What should be in the tool Kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

matsoutback

Australia 

IRBails wrote:
Mine SDV8 is a 65 plate 2016 model that is . Not sure if it has DPF fluid like my R50 but no add blue is good AFAIAC

I'm pretty sure DPF fluid and Adblue are the same thing. I was told by a mechanic, that a DPF with fluid lasts longer, runs cooler and is more reliable than the burning of system employed by non fluid-DPF systems. Not sure about that, but made me feel better about having Adblue.

As a returning Land Rover owner, basic tools are nessasary to re-attach / fix items off road. Many bush areas don't have noble coverage so it's up to you to at least do a bush mechanic fix to get back to civilisation.

Bails, I can't fit my compressor (Thomas Twin Tongue) in the wheel well unfortunately, but there is a heap of space next to the fuse box behind the RHS trim panel.. Thumbs Up It is the spot for the second battery, that's been replaced by a slim capacitor ..

2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Last edited by matsoutback on Tue Apr 11 2017 11:20pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #523366 Tue Apr 11 2017 10:58pm
IRBails

Australia 

warkman wrote:
matsoutback wrote:
I too am surprised there isn't a basic tool kit. I am going to put a small "roll" of tools together.

Are there a few standard sizes of bolts / torx bits used predominantly throughout the car?

not required for those who buy their cars brand new.
They wouldn't know in the majority, how to open the bonnet.
With full LR Assistance or AA provided service, plus three years warranty, no need to do any bolts and screws stuff

Extra weight for no use, rather like off road ability in many of them..... Very Happy

well some will get a surprise if they go to change the wheels , jack is Sh!t , and you need a better tyre lever. There aern't many options to call roadside or even find a dealer once outside of cities in Australia. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #523367 Tue Apr 11 2017 11:03pm
IRBails

Australia 

matsoutback wrote:
IRBails wrote:
Mine SDV8 is a 65 plate 2016 model that is . Not sure if it has DPF fluid like my R50 but no add blue is good AFAIAC

I'm pretty sure DPF and Adblue are the same thing. I was told by a mechanic, that a DPF with fluid lasts longer, runs cooler and is more reliable than the burning of system employed by non-DPF systems. Not sure about that, but made me feel better about having Adblue.

As a returning Land Rover owner, basic tools are nessasary to re-attach / fix items off road. Many bush areas don't have noble coverage so it's up to you to at least do a bush mechanic fix to get back to civilisation.

Bails, I can't fit my compressor (Thomas Twin Tongue) in the wheel well unfortunately, but there is a heap of space next to the fuse box behind the RHS trim panel.. Thumbs Up It is the spot for the second battery, that's been replaced by a slim capacitor ..

I've not pulled that cover yet. Assumed I had the battery but must have a look. I don't keep air compressor in the spare wheel well but carry on trips. The R50 had on board air and air hose, it was far better equipped than the RR in many areas , did however mis a spare which was one reason I went for the RRS.

The DPF is an in exhaust filter that needs cleaning or regeneration. In some Fords VW's and other vehicles the regeneration, or declogging of the DPF was done by high temp burning process. My R50 did not have add blue but did have 2 DPF's and needed the fluid for re generation purposes. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #523369 Tue Apr 11 2017 11:12pm
IRBails

Australia 

donny dog wrote:
IRBails wrote:

65 plate in Wollongong? Shocked

I was trying to relate to the BRIEXT mob. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #523371 Tue Apr 11 2017 11:15pm
matsoutback

Australia 

matsoutback wrote:
IRBails wrote:

"did however mis a spare which was one reason I went for the RRS."

Full size spare tyre...me too Thumbs Up 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #523375 Tue Apr 11 2017 11:23pm
wilf

I don't think AdBlue is anything to do with the DPF - it is an additive used in a separate catalyst to reduce NOX emissions, not particulates. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #523385 Wed Apr 12 2017 9:00am
warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

IRBails wrote:
warkman wrote:
matsoutback wrote:
I too am surprised there isn't a basic tool kit. I am going to put a small "roll" of tools together.

Are there a few standard sizes of bolts / torx bits used predominantly throughout the car?

not required for those who buy their cars brand new.
They wouldn't know in the majority, how to open the bonnet.
With full LR Assistance or AA provided service, plus three years warranty, no need to do any bolts and screws stuff

Extra weight for no use, rather like off road ability in many of them..... Very Happy

well some will get a surprise if they go to change the wheels , jack is Sh!t , and you need a better tyre lever. There aern't many options to call roadside or even find a dealer once outside of cities in Australia.

majority of people who buy them new would never change the wheel, or even venture out of the big city Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #523409 Wed Apr 12 2017 12:34pm
warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

wilf wrote:
I don't think AdBlue is anything to do with the DPF - it is an additive used in a separate catalyst to reduce NOX emissions, not particulates.

Correct.
The additive is an urea based additive, sprayed into the hot end of the exhaust to reduce noxious gasses to meet requirements of, for example EU6C and Beijing 6 Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #523411 Wed Apr 12 2017 12:36pm
imf73

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi I have a new 17 plate RRS. I have a spare wheel in the boot with locking wheel nut & Jack but should there be anything in this space in the picture below? I'm sure in my last RRS there was a plastic yellow handle....not sure what it was for, from memory I think it was used if the auto handbrake failed.
Also what is this white funnel for? Is it just a funnel for adding washer fluid or does iot have some other use?

Am I missing anything else from the boot/spare tools etc?

Post #524061 Thu Apr 20 2017 11:17am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

You have the same equipment as me, so don't worry as that's all there is. The funnel is or AdBlue, and the yellow tool that you haven't got was for opening a blocked fuel filler neck if you had triggered the miss-fuelling flap. The latest cars have a different miss-fuelling system.

Post #524065 Thu Apr 20 2017 11:44am
imf73

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Nice one thanks

Post #524066 Thu Apr 20 2017 11:47am
scrumps

United Kingdom 

donny dog wrote:
You have the same equipment as me, so don't worry as that's all there is. The funnel is or AdBlue, and the yellow tool that you haven't got was for opening a blocked fuel filler neck if you had triggered the miss-fuelling flap. The latest cars have a different miss-fuelling system.

The funnel is for bypassing the active misfuel device ( metal flap over the filler neck) if you need to use a fuel can to get out of trouble.

The yellow tool was the reset for the "old" passive mis-fuel device that dropped in to place if you used the wrong nozzle at the pump.

I hate to say it but.....RTFM Whistle

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #524098 Thu Apr 20 2017 6:08pm
IRBails

Australia 

wilf wrote:
I don't think AdBlue is anything to do with the DPF - it is an additive used in a separate catalyst to reduce NOX emissions, not particulates.

I believe you are correct . M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #524108 Thu Apr 20 2017 10:33pm
matsoutback

Australia 

I might be wrong then, I thought Adblue was there as part of the DPF cleaning cycle instead of the hot burn off...

On some cars, you can see what status the DPF is. Any way of getting that info? Do you see a message when it is regenerating? 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #524118 Fri Apr 21 2017 6:29am
SRE

Spain 

Sorry wrong post In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #575287 Fri Feb 15 2019 10:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123