RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > THE SVR THREAD!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>

RRSman

United Kingdom 
THE SVR THREAD!

So I guess the beast has been out since March 2015 so nearly a year old. Are you guys still happy with it and enjoying it as much as you did last year?

Many of you have probably seen my comments on various threads about being very happy with a basic HSE (albeit modded and colour coded) as my other car is a Maserati Granturismo MC shift so I never really missed the dynamics or the luxuries of the higher models. Things however are going to change and we are shortly embarking on a massive home extension which means I won't have space to keep three cars.

Which gave me the great idea to get myself an SVR (sell Maserati and my HSE and combine these in to one beast!). I have driven one and the sound and power was insane. i did not like the seats compared to the ones in my RRS though.

I have noticed a few 65 plate cars hanging around at dealers - does this mean the day's of the premium are over - are there now "deals" to be had? I have also come across a couple of cancelled orders recently.

Would be interesting to hear if anyone has managed a discount on one of these and also anyone who took finance would be good to know what the GFV was for your contract after 36 months?

PS - Anyone know what SVR charge for a bespoke paint job?

So all in all you SVR guys please talk to me Smile

Thumbs Up

Post #486502 Wed Feb 03 2016 9:26pm
DaveW

United Kingdom 

pm sent Thumbs Up

Post #486519 Wed Feb 03 2016 11:06pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Thanks! Will email Smile

Post #486525 Wed Feb 03 2016 11:24pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Carn't give a lot of help on deals to be had on cancelled orders but I can say that you get diddly squat discount on new orders!
I confirmed my spec today with the dealer (Guy Salmon, Knutsford) and expect delivery to be in mid March, which is what, 6 weeks? Perhaps this suggests that the current demand is quite low and prices could start falling on second hand cars?

Your plan by the way sounds great, this car is unbelievable Thumbs Up

What's your plan on the colour? I've just spent weeks deliberating and finally decided on Black with the tan/black interior and plan to get the roof painted Silver (privately) once in receipt of the car. SVO want crazy prices to create something that's not on the 'menu'.

Similar to mine..

http://ag-spots-2016.o.auroraobjects.eu/20...4053_7.jpg

Post #486526 Wed Feb 03 2016 11:26pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Well done the black is very stealth but will be so hard to keep clean! Ive just enquired about a bespoke paint job but if its too expensive it will be Estoril Blue for me - just love that shade!

Post #486528 Wed Feb 03 2016 11:42pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

I like a weekly wash Very Happy

Post #486529 Wed Feb 03 2016 11:54pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Know exactly what u mean buddy..my Cayenne and X5 were both black Smile

Post #486531 Wed Feb 03 2016 11:55pm
RRS Oli

I ordered mine back in September with delivery end of this month, i have a very good relationship with my dealer given how many cars as a family we have purchased from them in the past. He was very open and honest and said that they cannot discount the car itself whatsoever, instead he offered me a 2K increase on the PX over the trade price along with waiving the 1K delivery charge to the channel islands along with free electric side steps and a few other accessories i wanted.

The wait now is the most painful part... Bow down 2019 Urban Urus - May Delivery. Gone to the dark side...
2019 RRS SVR Velocity Blue Rejected!
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
RRS1 2011 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography - SOLD

Post #486535 Thu Feb 04 2016 8:22am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I'm coming up to end of my first year with it and absolutely love it. It's true I've only done 8000 miles in it but then I do have 5 other high performance cars vying for my attention and, being retired, I do not clock up lots of miles with a commute or business mileage.

What makes the SVR stand out is the all round capability. It can go anywhere, carry anything, get past anything I might reasonably want while providing such a great feelgood factor. I take real pleasure from the fact it's made just 30 miles up the road, a real manufacturing success story.

About the only downside for me is the size in urban environments; driving is mostly fine but some width restrictions are a headache and finding a safe place to park can be difficult, so I tend not to use it for errands. It came into its own when I was in the Lake District for New Year and ended up going through a very soggy area with mud up to the wheel centres. It was filthy and looked great alongside all the shiny other cars in the hotel car park!

A 200 mile trip for me today and the anticipation is building as it always does, even a year down the track. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #486539 Thu Feb 04 2016 9:12am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

been out a year and I only saw my first SVR last night, and it was too dark to admire it Sad

Post #486547 Thu Feb 04 2016 10:23am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Mark_N wrote:
I'm coming up to end of my first year with it and absolutely love it. It's true I've only done 8000 miles in it but then I do have 5 other high performance cars vying for my attention and, being retired, I do not clock up lots of miles with a commute or business mileage.

What makes the SVR stand out is the all round capability. It can go anywhere, carry anything, get past anything I might reasonably want while providing such a great feelgood factor. I take real pleasure from the fact it's made just 30 miles up the road, a real manufacturing success story.

About the only downside for me is the size in urban environments; driving is mostly fine but some width restrictions are a headache and finding a safe place to park can be difficult, so I tend not to use it for errands. It came into its own when I was in the Lake District for New Year and ended up going through a very soggy area with mud up to the wheel centres. It was filthy and looked great alongside all the shiny other cars in the hotel car park!

A 200 mile trip for me today and the anticipation is building as it always does, even a year down the track.

Wow Mark , never realised you had all the other high performance cars so that's a very positive review of the SVR if being compared to such machines Thumbs Up

Post #486548 Thu Feb 04 2016 10:29am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

RRS Oli wrote:
I ordered mine back in September with delivery end of this month, i have a very good relationship with my dealer given how many cars as a family we have purchased from them in the past. He was very open and honest and said that they cannot discount the car itself whatsoever, instead he offered me a 2K increase on the PX over the trade price along with waiving the 1K delivery charge to the channel islands along with free electric side steps and a few other accessories i wanted.

The wait now is the most painful part... Bow down

I think you did pretty well there, well done!

Post #486549 Thu Feb 04 2016 10:30am
wilf

Question for you SVR boys please:

Differences between the SVR and the "cooking" 5.0s/c ATB are what?

Apart from the obvious engine and trim upgrades - how does the ride/equipment etc. differ? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #486555 Thu Feb 04 2016 11:50am
DaveW

United Kingdom 

To summarise - sorry if it's a kind of bullet point list but the majority is from our press launch last year.

Larger air intakes in front bumper - increases airflow to charge air coolers

Two-stage active exhaust - with electronically controlled valves

Enhanced over-run exhaust characteristic

Larger pipes - enhances exhaust flow

Eight speed ZF auto transmission - shift times reduced by 50%

All-terrain capability not compromised - same as the standard car

Torque vectoring by braking - same as F-type sports car

Revised rear differential calibration - balances torque between rear wheels

Specially engineered suspension including specifically calibrated software and 20% stiffer rear bushes for optimum handling and traction

Active Roll Control system specially tuned

Uprated brakes for high speed stopping ability (increased cooling and higher specification fluid)

22-inch wheels with performance-oriented tyres available as an option

Specially tuned steering and throttle response

Bespoke interior with unique SVR sports seats

Stealth lighting pack front and rear (de-chromed surrounds)

Larger rear spoiler to reduce lift at speed with wider integrated brake light.

Carbon fibre inlays optional

Carbon engine cover optional

Basically we engineered it to try and get as close as possible to the ride quality of the standard car (which we think we did) and then enhanced the handling characteristics and high lateral inputs. We'd like to think we did pretty well.....

Post #486566 Thu Feb 04 2016 1:31pm
wilf

Thanks for that.

From all the tests I have read, you achieved what you set out to! MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #486567 Thu Feb 04 2016 1:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>