RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Summer trip to the Pyrenees
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RogerDeFlor

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Summer trip to the Pyrenees

I'm off to the Pyrenees and Northern Spain this summer in the RRS. I've booked a week in a nice hotel by the coast during the second week, so Mrs DeFlor can cook at gas mk 6, but the first week we will spend trundling around the Pyrenees.
Does anyone have any places that they could recommend we should visit, or good places (Hotels/BnB) to stay, as it would give me a head start in planning an itinerary. I have about 6 days and 5 nights to plane for, starting from Bilbao eventually ending up just north of Barcelona.

Cheers

Post #487368 Sat Feb 13 2016 4:12pm
Saeedasghar

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

If memory serves me right bodsy had a trip to the Pyrenees not so long ago maybe he could advise you of some via points. Thumbs Up

Post #487371 Sat Feb 13 2016 5:30pm
stevew

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Last Easter I got the car ferry to Santander and went down in to Logrono where it is famous for a town square surrounded with tapas bars, it was more like a food crawl then a pub crawl, well worth a visit , it was about 2 hours from Santander. Also went to Pamplona which is famous fro running the Bulls through the streets on the way to the bull ring that was about an hour from Logrono. Did not do anything else in Spain as we crossed back in to France and headed to Biarritz then La Rochelle making are way up to Normandy and crossing the channel in to Portsmouth from Cain . Done about 1500 miles , very easy drive not many cars compared to uk

Post #487398 Sat Feb 13 2016 10:09pm
nigel52

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

A must visit is San Sebastián. If you are going as far as north of Barcelona go a bit further and make one of the best cities in the world - Barcelona. Current Merc GLE 3.5d 2016 model, 2011 RRS HSE standard
Previous 2012 FL2 liked but boot too small
Previous to LR's 3 x Merc E320 estates - fantastic load carriers and long distance cruisers, ultra reliable. Only changed as needed a 4x4 high tow vehicle. Did have a 1955 early LR drop down windscreen and fuel tank under the drivers seat; again very reliable and super rugged.

Post #487403 Sat Feb 13 2016 10:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1