RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Discount from steelers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

pothole

United Kingdom 
Discount from steelers

Looking at buying a used RRS from an authorized LR dealer. What if anything can I expect off the asking price?

Anyone got any good negotiation stories or is it simply " thats our price if you want it".....

thanks

Post #485931 Thu Jan 28 2016 11:36am
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

Cash discount is difficult but in my experience dealers can be OK to give you extra's. Think about road tax, floor mats, side steps etc.

Post #485933 Thu Jan 28 2016 11:57am
Bladeboy

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

I normally end up paying more than they wanted in the first place!

Post #485973 Thu Jan 28 2016 11:37pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Do your research & find other similar cars both dealer/private that are currently available. From that work out the price you're prepared to pay. Do the visit, kick the tyres, find blemishes then when asked are you interested explain the valuation you came to and name the price that you would offer and stick to it. Be prepared to walk if not met.

Different league but found low mileage tidy example of a RAV4 for my g/friend in the summer, in the colour & spec she wanted, same dealer from new etc but it was overpriced. Did the above, named our price and sat there whilst the salesman came a bit lower, lower still, then got his boss in, who did the same thing & we walked away with it at the price we wanted. We didn't shift, they shifted £1500

Post #485985 Fri Jan 29 2016 9:29am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

In my experience Stratstone will not discount used as they claim to sell cheaper than anyone - to be fair they usually do but aftercare is abysmal and stock is usually from auctions Rolling Eyes

Dealers that are not part of Pendragon are normally willing to negotiate especially if no px - amounts will vary depending on how long they have had it, time of year and amount of stock, etc...

As said free accessories are often offered but will have no value when you come to change so unless you need it try and get the cash off Confused

Buying approved used from LR dealer with 2 year warranty is worth the extra IMHO for the peace of mind should the worst happen - it will wipe out any saving buying indi or private Embarassed

Be picky - you want a good clean example with FSH or you're asking for trouble Thumbs Up

If you can find a good private seller with balance of warranty it's worth a look too Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #485996 Fri Jan 29 2016 11:48am
pothole

United Kingdom 

thanks to everyone great advice.

I did consider the bmw x5 but they only offer 12 months warranty.

Post #486132 Sat Jan 30 2016 4:31pm
Mr Rusty

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Recent experience in buying a 2012 HSE in Aberdeen found that the dealer did not budge 100 pounds! I came up 1500 from my original offer over 3 different offers but no shift at all. I walked away amazed that spending 33k on a car wouldn't even get a tank of fuel. We spent two weeks of negotiations on it!

Found a car lower miles in Edingburgh from large non LR dealer and they gave us immediately 500 off with full tank of fuel and finance to suit US. They looked after us. We got a 2 year warranty for 545 which covers everything LR covers. All in all we saved 2700 on same age car by driving a few miles.

LR dealer said they set their prices as a national average for each car they sell. For us it just felt it was a one way deal from LR dealer.

Good luck !

Post #486141 Sat Jan 30 2016 8:06pm
pothole

United Kingdom 

Thanks Chris, when I was trying to buy a RRS from authourised dealer they said they could not price match other dealers, nothing about prices being set nationally.

From my dealings with LR they want everything there own way. Offer you f Censored all a part ex then ramp up they car they have just bid you in the proverbials for whilst hardly budging on their motor.

If porsche were better priced I would jump at the chance to own one over a LR.

Post #486143 Sat Jan 30 2016 8:17pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

try not calling them stealers, Wink they might warm to you and give a discount Laughing

Post #486145 Sat Jan 30 2016 8:52pm
PEACHY

England 

pothole - what you looking for - model year - colour etc ? Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #486146 Sat Jan 30 2016 8:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pothole

United Kingdom 

hi Peachy

I have been looking for a 2012/2013 RRS HSE mileage under 45,000 with as many extras as poss. Ideal colour White but also black. Goes without saying full service history, good condition etc.

thanks

Post #486150 Sat Jan 30 2016 10:03pm
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Dont look too excited,I have had several good deals with LR main dealers. My first with Lookers at Charles Hurst West London for my Brand new Freelander 2 HSE Auto. Dec 2007 10% discount. From £33000 down to £29700. 4 years later recieved £20,000 Px and got a £1000 reduction on RRS at Lookers. 2 Years later Went to buy at Lookers Bishops Stortford Got a £1200 discount, but i said i wanted £2500 off, I walked away,andwhen i got home they had been on the phone to say they would do the deal with me. I say wallk away another car and deal will come along. If you show too much excitement, they will stick to the first offer. As they think they have you Thumbs Up itisme

Post #486170 Sun Jan 31 2016 10:24am
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

I also quote a price off Drive the Deal website. I have never paid the asking price in my life Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter itisme

Post #486171 Sun Jan 31 2016 10:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1