RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY14 MY15 Owners questions..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Cryptic23

MY14 MY15 Owners questions..

Hi.

So took delivery of a MY15 64 plate RRS Autobiography. Very happy!

Have read through the manual and just cant seem to see about a few things that i would like to know.
You guys seem to know everything there is so thought i would ask away.

1: Is there away of having anymore options in the instrument panel showing while driving? I have the heads up display (going to take some getting use to, prob won't use it) But i would like to have the speed showing in the instrument panel in digits.

My SQ5 have it and it was a really nice touch, I'm sure the RRS should have it as its in the Heads up display, i just don't really like it there. I cant seem to find away of having anything in the instrument panel showing apart from the current mode of the head unit EG: If I'm listening to to the radio it says which channel etc. or what ever source is selected.

(I know you can select the trip settings that are below to show millage etc) i would love to have the digital speed showing,

2: Sat nav: When its on it only shows up in the instrument panel when a new turn is due soon and then when you make that turn it disappears from the instrument panel again, i find this annoying and cant see how to have it there in the instrument panel while an active route is on. Yes its on the head unit but why not the instrument panel?

3: Is it me or does the whole instrument panel randomly light up really brightly, and when it does if you try and turn it down with the silly little wheel all cars have for the internal brightness it does not doing anything.. I have only noticed it while the sat nav is active. and i think when I'm at a standby like traffic lights etc.. Is this some kind of warning??

I love the car but these little niggles are slightly annoying!

Post #487105 Wed Feb 10 2016 9:00pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

1. The speed is displayed as digital on the dash, but small characters. I think the HUD is brilliant.

2. No. I think this will change in MY17 with InControl Touch Pro.

3. Yes it does. It's the auto brightness that gets confused when sunlight or streetlights shine over your right shoulder onto the sensors to the RHS of the instrument cluster. I use my right hand when on the wheel to cast a shadow over them to stop this happening. 

Post #487116 Wed Feb 10 2016 10:22pm
Cryptic23

Great thanks for the info:

Im sure i will get used to the HUD..

1: I cant see a digital display of any kind - you say the dash? Do you mean below the main dials? as i cant see anything there..

2:The nav thing now i know ill live with that, it is slightly annoying though.

3:Auto brightness, thanks for that it was driving me mad! Can this be turned off..?

Post #487120 Wed Feb 10 2016 10:38pm
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

1. See below, digital speed shown just above fuel level, as mark mentioned its small, but I have used to the HUD and its brilliant.

Click image to enlarge

Post #487281 Fri Feb 12 2016 4:10pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

71 in a 70 is fine, but Radio 1 !!!! 

Post #487297 Fri Feb 12 2016 7:06pm
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Lol, this was taken while I was on my way home after collecting the car from the dealer first day, switched to my phone at the first stop. Also noticed that my average speed is also 71, so must have reset the counter after setting the ACC to 71.

Post #487367 Sat Feb 13 2016 4:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1