RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Heating on drivers side
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Put7kapu

Finland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Firenze Red
Heating on drivers side

It was -30 degrees today. The drivers side blowed only cold air. The unit closer to window was warmer, but still not as warm as an co-drivers side. The units close to display and floor level was cold. Also the amount was smaller. Then i noticed when car was stopped air was lot warmer and there was coming more.
I looked some topics, but didn`t notice any this type of issue.
And yes -30 is a lot Smile Start itself and rest of the car is perfect in this condition !!

Post #484222 Thu Jan 07 2016 3:37pm
Jukka69

Finland 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange
Cold air drivers side

Hi,
Just the same problem occurred in my RRS SC 2005. I just bought it and it was imported to Finland from Italy last spring.

I decided to change cooling liquid because it was only -28 degrees. It was guite hard Job to get air out of the cooling system. This problem occurred after this operation.

I wonder if there Is double combs for heating one for drivers side and other for codrivers side? And if there Is still air left in drivers side?

Question Br jukka

Post #484381 Sat Jan 09 2016 7:32pm
Put7kapu

Finland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Did you had the same problem ,that there is two different temp air coming out from drivers seat also ? Somehow i feel that blowing power is different also. I think when car was stopped it gave heat normally.

Post #484523 Mon Jan 11 2016 5:30pm
Jukka69

Finland 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange
Cold air blowing

Hi, this is my third RRS, first was 2006 TDV6 Black Series, second was TDV8 2007 wich is now in Tampere Auto Outlet:

http://www.nettiauto.com/land-rover/range-rover-sport/7681904

And this third one is Supercharged 4,2 V8 2005.

I found several hints for this cold air issue:

Here is self test / reset:

Here the self test procedure:-

"With ignition off press and hold the ECON & RECIRC buttons whilst turning ignition on (no need to start car).

The control module will then compare the current HEVAC actuator motor positions with the values stored in the module and will indicate an error by flashing the ECON LED.

If there are no errors, the LED will go out and the system will function normally.

To confirm that there are no errors, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, then back to the ON position.

Observe the operation of the programmed defrost LED.

If there are errors present, the programmed defrost LED will flash and the system will attempt to calibrate itself."

If that doesnt work odds on it will be a blend motor or blocked heater matrix.

I am from Kuala Lumpur too...

could this help..

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post341267.html#341267

Blend motor you need is located behind the panel to the right of the passengers right leg, its a bloody nightmare to get to, i tried and gave up, will have another go at some point, imagine looking at the fromt temp dials, its behind and to the left and down about 12 inches.

this isnt the right one but give you an idea.

http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/blendmotor.html

One side of heater is blowing cold air
Hi all,

Have searched both here and the disco forum but can't find anything on this.

My supercharged sport blows only luke warm air from the passenger side whilst the drivers side on the same settings is very hot.

Have downloaded the section for heating from topix, the heating system appears to be very simple.

Has been to the dealers a few times, I asked them to change the blend motor, made no difference.

The air gets a little warmer if I put the ac into econ as you would expect.

To me this leaves only a Few options

1 partially blocked heater matrix (note its shared for left and right)
2 faulty controller - no dtc are showing
3 faulty temp sensor - told there is only one for whole cabin
4 solar sensor???
5 the flap that diverts the air via the heater coil isn't moving (should bring a dtc)

I was yesterday in garage nearbay in Kerava and we tried to take airblocks out of the system, no air anymore. We also read all fault information with computer, only real reason conserning this fault was "kiertovesipumppu pois käytöstä eli jäähdytysnesteellä on oma kiertovesipumppu, joka ei ollut toiminnassa". In English there is pump which is circulating coolant fliquid and that pump is not working.

We decided also to change cooling thermostat, because this car was originally imported to Italy, not to Finland, it means in Finland thermostat should be like 90 degrees celcius, not 80 like in Italy.

If somebody in winter conditions like to contact me straight, please do it.

Br Jukka
jukka.saarenpaa@onninen.com
+358400940842 Thumbs Up

Post #484543 Mon Jan 11 2016 8:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1