RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Max budget when an L494 buying privately?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Max budget when an L494 buying privately?

Hi all

I will be changing my RRS2 Dynamic in March and am just looking at the various options to get a fair price for my car.

I just want to canvass opinion as to what folk think to the idea of advertising it on Auto Trader or EBay, as it will be up at around the mid to late 50's K.

The easiest would be to just take the trade in or try the Cowboys over at WBAC.

Opinions?

Jim

Post #484263 Fri Jan 08 2016 9:52am
wilf

Pistonheads would be a good place to advertise. Lots of high end motors on there.

Autotrader would be my personal next choice, with ebay a long way down the list. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #484265 Fri Jan 08 2016 9:58am
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

You could always try http://www.topmarques.co.uk

Just another option to explore Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #484270 Fri Jan 08 2016 10:19am
Fletcher

England 

If you don't want to be bothered by time wasters and dreamers , try we buy / want your car sites to get a firm offer then have a ring around a few Land Rover dealers and hi spec car dealers you should get close to your asking price for a lot less hassle than dealing with people having to arrange finance .

Post #484277 Fri Jan 08 2016 12:03pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

I sold mine on a sale or return basis with a high end car dealer. They do all the marketing, taking photos, any minor scuffs / wheel damage etc and advertise it. This way they deal with the punters so you don't have to. They can also arrange finance thereby opening up the selling opportunitys. And you don't have to leave your car with them as they operate a viewing by appointment scheme.
My car sold in 3 days to one of their regular customers so it never got as far as being advertised. I got strong money too.
Easy process worth considering.

Post #484283 Fri Jan 08 2016 12:59pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Jim, speak to Jeremy at Grange Barnet. I got excellent money for my last 2 Sports part exchanged there. If they have buyers waiting and know they can shift it quickly, they may be interested. My previous Sport (2013 L320) didn't hang around for more than just a few days at their forecourt last September. They had told me the price for the old one would stay the same whether I bought the new car from them or elsewhere. Worth a try. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #484290 Fri Jan 08 2016 3:42pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I can confirm what FKarim says, also Lookers Park Royal often have people looking and will buy good used cars - a good indictaion is to look at the dealership websites approved used section where you can see how many they have in stock, also with the first serious snows of winter falling in some parts of the country now prices should strengthen...................... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #484318 Fri Jan 08 2016 10:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nigel52

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Try TOOTLE new guy on the block good Google feedback and offering very fair pricing Current Merc GLE 3.5d 2016 model, 2011 RRS HSE standard
Previous 2012 FL2 liked but boot too small
Previous to LR's 3 x Merc E320 estates - fantastic load carriers and long distance cruisers, ultra reliable. Only changed as needed a 4x4 high tow vehicle. Did have a 1955 early LR drop down windscreen and fuel tank under the drivers seat; again very reliable and super rugged.

Post #484387 Sat Jan 09 2016 8:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1