RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Advice Please Re Faulty Hydraulics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

123LMP123

United Kingdom 
Advice Please Re Faulty Hydraulics

Took delivery of my long awaited RRS HSE Dynamic V6 on December 21st. Only drove short distances over the Christmas period but by December 28th, I had dashboard warnings in Amber and Red about the Suspension and the Car leaning on Cornering. By December 30th, Red Instructions told me to PULL OVER TO SAFETY AND TURN OFF THE INGNITION

The car went back into Land Rover yesterday for a check. There was no hydraulic fluid in the tank - either it had never been filled up or was leaking... On investigation, Faulty Pipework was discovered.

Bearing in mind that this is a brand new £73k car, do you think it is acceptable for RR to simply offer to repair it for free?

Post #484076 Tue Jan 05 2016 2:15pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Welcome, and sorry to hear of your troubles.

I would make it clear to them now that you are not yet accepting the vehicle. I believe, if you haven't "accepted the goods", you are entitled to demand a refund rather than repair if you can prove the fault was there when you bought it, if needs be. That's not to say that they shouldn't be able to repair it to an as new state anyway.

Good luck. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #484081 Tue Jan 05 2016 2:40pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Yours is one of many substandard RRS coming out of the factory with faults i'm afraid. Shocked It doesn't seem to be getting any better either. Banging Head Hence why a few of us have or are moving away from JLR vehicles. You can accept a fix, or reject the car with the new rules that came out in October. Bow down Is there any trace of the oil anywhere? On your drive? Splashed all over the underneath of your car? Etc etc. Hopefully this will be the only glitch you encounter, and you can enjoy it like you should be able to a new motor. Thumbs Up

Post #484090 Tue Jan 05 2016 3:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'd reject it. The chances are that damage will have been caused to a pump and perhaps other components somewhere. LR won't learn about quality if people keep accepting this sort of thing. LR shouldn't have let it out of the factory like that and the dealer should have picked up an empty reservoir at PDI. Censored -poor on both accounts. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #484128 Tue Jan 05 2016 11:47pm
123LMP123

United Kingdom 

Thanks for your replies and advice... My dealer went totally quiet on me, so I took legal advice. I am now locked in a rather unpleasant wrangle with Stratstone Mayfair and hoping to get a full refund Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post #484182 Wed Jan 06 2016 8:20pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Good luck and keep us updated. Thumbs Up

Post #484183 Wed Jan 06 2016 8:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1