RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Stealth Pack
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JanRRS

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Stealth Pack

have ordered my RRS in Corris Grey, Santorini Black Pano Sliding contrast roof, and am thinking about changing into Carpathian Grey ... If it is grey!

Could anywaone please confirm if the Stealth Pack is still visible on the Carpathian Grey, or if it is more noticeable on the Corris Grey?

Thanks

Post #483508 Tue Dec 29 2015 7:47pm
Fletcher

England 

The stealth pack will stand out more on a corris car as the corris is more like a dark silver than a grey .
If you forget about the names of the colours and just look at them there are bright and dark options in most colours , and a few blacks with a hint of black, blue or brown .
If you want a grey car go for the carpathian . Silver then go for corris or Indus . The other colours with grey in the name will have a hint of another colour in them .
Hope I'm making sense .
Have a search on here for a thread called " stealth pack on different colours: add your pics " it has all the colours pictured with the stealth pack , in general.
Or carpathian grey in orders . Good luck .

Post #483520 Tue Dec 29 2015 9:49pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

This is my Corris Grey without Stealth Pack, best description might be grey with a hint of brown, it looks silvery in the photo but that was because it was in the sun and only a couple of hours old, in normal daylight it doesn't have any silver in it! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #483530 Tue Dec 29 2015 11:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JanRRS

Thanks Tim and Fletcher. As I chose the Stealth Pack, I do like to see the contrast with the black, therefore I will stay on Corris, as I don't like lighter colors ... Had a white BMW X6 M for a couple of years, and am not into darker colors!

What still puzzles me is that on a thread re Carpathian Grey, I found some posts of members of their new RRS in Carpathian: on the pics the color seems just a little bit darker than Corris, which I would have preferred. But when I went to the showroom, the sample palettes of Carpathian were almost black, very dark ... I presume that either the pics have been filtered or online the Carpathian looks much brighter, and lighter! I checcked the pics on both HD and led screens, with Apple or Microsoft software ... but those pics still show a much brighter color!

Confused

Post #483544 Wed Dec 30 2015 10:10am
Tim in Scotland

Carpathian was a replacement dark shade for Causeway Grey , it is darker than Corris. If you want something different to the herd then try Zanzibar with a Tan/Ebony interior, Stealth Pack and contrast roof................ my last car was an evoque in that very rare combination. It was a brave decision to go with it but it worked really well. I sold the car after 12 months and the dealer thought it might be a problem to shift it in London where they mostly sell dark colours. It was sold within 10 days and they tell me that recently, after 9 months with that owner it has just been traded in against an L405 Autobiography and they didn't even need to prep the Evoque for sale as it was bought the day it was handed over by somebody who fell in love with the combo!
[URL=]

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #483571 Wed Dec 30 2015 3:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JanRRS

Thanks Tim.

Yes, you are right: at the showroom I had both the Causeway and the Carpathian sample palettes put near a RR Corris Grey, and both looked very dark, and almost the same... Maybe the Carpathian had one tone lighter, but it probably was of the different light angle.

That's why I got puzzled about the pics from other members on the forum. Fkarim sent me some pics of his Carpathian RRS, and ONLY in the bright sunlight, you get that grey lighter. Without sun, the color is too dark for my Stealth Pack.

Carpathian looks great with the silver contrast, and light interiors: Fkarim's is an excellent choice. Thumbs Up But I am looking for a more sporty, "meaner" look, and like the Stealth Pack with the 22" wheels!

Zanzibar is a nice color, but I would like it for the first 3-6 months, and then get tired. Prefer to stick on a grey I like, and get that black contrast. If LR would have had a new grey, just a tone or two darker, I would have gone for that.

If I get tired of the Corris I could anyway wrap it in the future with a cool matt frosty grey ... Thumbs Up

Post #483573 Wed Dec 30 2015 4:06pm
Tim in Scotland

Have you thought about Scotia Grey which is more mossy green with a hint of grey? My 1st RRS was in the old equivalent shade which was Giverny Green. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #483579 Wed Dec 30 2015 5:25pm
Fletcher

England 

Carpathian grey with gloss black extras and 22" wheels

Post #483583 Wed Dec 30 2015 5:52pm
TubaPlayer

United Kingdom 

Fletcher

That looks really good, i'm not a fan of Black Wheels but with the car in that colour they look great 2016 Black SDV8 Autobiography
2013 Grey Black Edition SDV6 (lasted a while but gone now)
2005 Grey Supercharged Sport (gone but never forgotten)

Post #483586 Wed Dec 30 2015 6:31pm
Fletcher

England 

Tuba
Many thanks , 10 months of stress but I feel it works too . Carpathian is a great match for the plastics and the gloss is great all matching rather than the satin on the stealth pack .

Post #483588 Wed Dec 30 2015 6:41pm
JanRRS

Fletcher wrote:

Carpathian grey with gloss black extras and 22" wheels

Thanks Fletcher, looks good, but far too dark for my taste ... Personally I think that the Carpathian matches better with the silver (wheels, etc), and that the Corris, or lighter colors, even white do look more sportier with the Stealth Pack. But, DE GUSTIBUS.

Haven't seen the Carpathian live yet, but am almost pretty sure I will go with Corris + Stealth Pack. At the end of the day I liked the pics of the Carpathian in bright sun light, i.e. grey, not the dark once ... far too close to the Santorini Black.

Thanks anyway.

Kind Regards and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!!! Thumbs Up

Post #483792 Sat Jan 02 2016 1:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1