Home > For Sale & Wanted > [SOLD] Stainless Steel Rolex GMT Master II
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

fkarim

United Kingdom 
[SOLD] Stainless Steel Rolex GMT Master II

Stainless Steel GMT Master 2 men's watch:
- 14 months old (16th Feb 2015)
- 22 months manufacturer's warranty (3 years total after recent Rolex warranty extension) still left
- Bought from an AD in Europe so no duty/tax issues
- I have all papers and inner & outer boxes
- Got insurance valuation certificate from an AD in London
- Spare link is present that was removed to fit my wrist

It keeps very accurate time. I checked a few days ago and found that it had only gained around 20 seconds in about 3 months. This is well within COSC tolerance.

The Sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel are as new - no scratches or any other damage despite me wearing it every single day.

The bracelet has polished centre links and anyone who is familiar will know that it is impossible to avoid tiny scratches on these PCLs, no matter how careful you are. My polished links have these scratches too (the brushed ones are as new). Both sides of the case also have one scratch each. All these scratches (links or case) are only noticeable on close inspection and I can't really see them from "sitting on a chair and wrist on the desk" distance. I showed it to an AD to get a part-ex price and he confirmed all of this will polish out if someone wanted it in "brand new condition" but personally I think there is no need for that at this stage. See the pictures and you will know what I mean.

There are currently none on watches.co.uk and watchfinder.co.uk that are this new but when I originally posted this ad, there was one on watchfinder.co.uk of similar age. That one was advertised for 5,150. New watch retail price is 5,600. I am asking for 4,750. No silly offers please as I would rather part exchange to avoid the hassle. Worst case I can just keep it and tell myself that BLNR is not THAT different ( Big Cry ).

Pictures ...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Last edited by fkarim on Fri Jul 29 2016 4:53pm. Edited 6 times in total

Post #481875 Mon Dec 07 2015 4:54pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Lovely watch and a good price too Thumbs Up

You know the BLNR will look so good Twisted Evil ....I'm picking one up in Jan/Feb next year on my overseas travels. Had planned on selling my Datejust, but seems the other half has taken a fancy to it Shocked ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #481916 Tue Dec 08 2015 11:01am
TDV8Mat

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Very nice watch - I am slightly biased though as I have the same watch. I looked at all the Rolex models in great depth before choosing this one. Great price too 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue

Post #481918 Tue Dec 08 2015 11:31am
Fast but not furious

United Kingdom 

Very nice watch.

Can i ask where in the EU it was bought.

A bit of good news re warranty. Smile

A fantastic double dose of good news from Rolex as we have learned ahead of any official announcement that there are to be two major changes to the Rolex International Warranty arrangement. currently standing at 2 years Rolex, from the 1st July 2015 all new Rolex watches will be accompanied by a 5 year Rolex International Warranty. Thats right, an extension that offers more than double the protection of the existing Rolex International Warranty arrangement. Great news for anybody planning to buy a new Rolex watch in the not too distant future.

But what about those that have bought more recently? Well, this is where the second piece of fantastic news from Rolex comes into play. Any existing Rolex watch previously purchased that is still under warranty at the 1st of July 2015 has been granted an additional year added to the current warranty period.

So in summary if you own a Rolex watch registered before 1st July 2013 your Rolex watch has a 2 year international warranty from the date on the registration card. If you own a Rolex watch registered between 1st July 2013 and 30th June 2015 your Rolex watch is covered by a 3 year Rolex International Warranty from the date on the registration card. If you own a Rolex watch registered from the 1st July 2015, your Rolex watch is now covered by the extended 5 year Rolex International warranty.
-

Post #481921 Tue Dec 08 2015 12:12pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Sounds good news for my imminent purchase Cool ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #481922 Tue Dec 08 2015 12:14pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys. I was torn between Sub Date and GMT as they are both so great and look similarish too. Easy decision in the end when I considered practicality - don't see myself 300m below water but frequently need to consider time in colleagues' timezone. Having said that, I am not ruling out the Sub as a future watch.

I must admit I am not ( or should I say wasn't Embarassed ) really a watch person. I stopped wearing watches when I bought my first mobile phone as even at that time it did a lot more than my multi-function but cheap (I was fresh out of uni) watch and I didn't see any need for a watch any longer. A couple of years ago I had to buy a watch (not a Rolex though) as a wedding gift for someone and started reading up more and more about watches. Ended up with a GMT on my wrist after a gap of 12 or so years. After just 10 months I really feel something is missing when it's not on my wrist (which is extremely rare)! Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #481924 Tue Dec 08 2015 12:16pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Fast but not furious great news - I wasn't aware. Have updated the warranty in my original post.

I bought it at Gassan Diamonds in Amsterdam so I didn't have to worry about any duty/VAT issues but still benefited from favourable Euro-GBP rate Wink Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #481926 Tue Dec 08 2015 12:22pm
Panavia man

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Lovely watch - there are a lot of them around though - prefer the Omega Planet Ocean myself - fair price though

Post #481942 Tue Dec 08 2015 3:54pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

There you go Panavia man http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic138034.html Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #481943 Tue Dec 08 2015 3:58pm
Panavia man

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Thanks- I've already done the deed.

Post #481947 Tue Dec 08 2015 4:23pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Got too busy to care for a while but now thinking about this again ... I have been offered a reasonable wait for the watch I want and considering putting a deposit down. As I am not a watch collector, I must sell this one first. I have updated the price, age and remaining warranty in the original post. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #493466 Thu Apr 14 2016 10:28am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Sold subject to payment & collection. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #496300 Tue May 17 2016 3:30pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Bank on sale due to a Censored time waster Evil or Very Mad Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #496604 Fri May 20 2016 1:51pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

There are plenty of time wasters out there Fawad Rolling Eyes im sure someone will buy it. I fancy it myself but need to get rid of a DeepSea first to make room for it! Good luck with the sale Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #496610 Fri May 20 2016 3:14pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Unavoidable I guess. I am in no rush. The only reason for selling is that I am after a slightly different one. Like you, I don't want to get another one while I still have this. Not a collector. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #496611 Fri May 20 2016 3:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>