RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > HELP Please! - L494 Front Suspension Noise?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rickshaw

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
HELP Please! - L494 Front Suspension Noise?

I would welcome your comments and input on your own experiences of the L494.....

I previously reported that I had noticed a knocking noise from the front suspension of my new MY18 HSE Dynamic.

It reminded me of the Anti-Roll Bar bush problems that many us have experienced on the older model Sports!!

The dealer initially diagnosed a problem with either anti-roll bar bushes or lower suspension arm bushes and the car was booked in for repair. When the car was returned I was told that all bushes were OK but the problem was connected with the 'Dynamic Response Unit' which they had now sorted.

Annoyingly the problem is still there!!

Having never driven another L494 I have nothing to compare with. So the question is can anybody tell me if I should expect to hear any knocking noises at all from the L494 front suspension??

Quite frankly my new Sport is noisier from the front suspension than my 5 Year old L320 which it replaced......

Any comments or feedback most welcome.

Post #550597 Tue Mar 06 2018 9:37am
RobF

United Kingdom 

The good news is, you're not alone. Mine is a 16MY and I've noticed this develop recently and as you say, it's similar to the ARB problem that used to plague my '09 D3.

It's annoying rather than anything else at the moment so I plan to report it when it goes in for service next: about 1500 miles so I better book it in now and I bet I'll still have exceeded the mileage by the time they can fit me in. No wonder JLR don't care.

I had a 13MY before and this didn't do it, but it had a host of other issues.

Post #550604 Tue Mar 06 2018 10:42am
wilf

I have this too.

Reported it twice now, no fault found. Asked to take it back "when it gets worse".

It is a really annoying knock - doesn't do it all the time, random almost. I go over some potholes and all is silent and then the next day the slightest ripple on the road will create a heavy knock.

My suspicion is the fault lies within the damper units internal to the air suspension legs.

The knock definitely was not there to begin with - first heard it about a year ago, at around 25k miles. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #550613 Tue Mar 06 2018 1:12pm
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

i am also having this now, started around a 6 months ago, get a knocking sound from front or back but not all the time so reproducing is hard. Generally seems to come when road has uneven surface and generally while turning rather then for pot holes.
Mentioned during last dealer visit but apparently all bushes are ok and everything looks fine to the mechanic.

Post #550639 Tue Mar 06 2018 8:23pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Noticed some knocking last week, then realized that the car was in auto terrain (rare for me), then realized that in auto if the temperature is low the rear diff will partially lock on pulling away, then decided the knock was this.

No idea if true. 

Post #550645 Tue Mar 06 2018 8:52pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Having never driven another L494 I have nothing to compare with. So the question is can anybody tell me if I should expect to hear any knocking noises at all from the L494 front suspension??

Absolutely not! completely incompetent dealer. I had Knocking front suspension on my old sport , was sorted straight away without any issues by a non UK dealer i might add. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #550651 Tue Mar 06 2018 9:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1