RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > New RRS MY16 Autobiography arriving this week..Advice please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Netsters

England 
New RRS MY16 Autobiography arriving this week..Advice please

I'm hopefully picking a Range Rover Sport AB in yulong White with a stealth pack this week.

As I live in London I'm keen to get the low down on things to know about it.

A) how can you tell it is a my16 car? I'm not saying I don't trust the dealer but Shocked Very Happy, it does have gesture control
B) security have my16 cars been updated to overcome key programming nightmare of last year? Best steering lock - (can't believe that is still relevant 2015
C) incontrol apps. Any good?
D) No rse so think about getting iPads for the back, anyone got a good recommendation for rear holders?
E) In my current RRS supercharged, I have rse, dvd. Ended up put a GVIF box allowing me to feed output from my iPhone to the front screen, and use AV inputs for the back. Never used again. Anyone got a similar setup for the l494? Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #479261 Mon Nov 09 2015 9:57pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

Hi,

A) Gesture Control was new for MY16 - so it must be if it has it. Equally you rorder form should have the MY year on it as well (including half year if that was appropriate eg 15.5)
B) My MY 15 was fixed it had both a SW update, and then the full KVM update - the MY15.5 already had these done, and I assume therefore MY16 will be delivered with that as such. You can also create a login to Topix and it will show you what is outstanding for your vehicle if you enter the vin number. (always useful ahead of booking it in for a service or anything else)
C) not really - although it does provide a better interface for playing music through if you choose to stream, and I occasionally use mobile day which has finally arrived (although I am so used to just dialling I often don't bother and glympse - but that's more for the nephews who think it is cool to track me when I am traveling to pick them up. - Also since IOS 9 - it seems to only allow access to inbuilt apps or the last active app - the others show as locked and on selection you are prompted to restart the app from your phone - not helpful as it sits by the fridge under the arm rest .
D & E - something for others to comment on.

Post #479294 Tue Nov 10 2015 8:49am
ExpatPom

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Fuji White

D) - I plan to get one of these (anyone have experience with it?) http://accessories.landrover.com/gl/en/dis...ad-holder/ MY15.5 Fuji White, SDV8 HSE Dyn Stealth Pack
Gone: MY14 Fuji White, 3.0 TDV6 SE
Gone: MY10 Stornoway Grey, 3.0 TDV6

Post #479318 Tue Nov 10 2015 11:16am
Netsters

England 

I was thinking about getting something similar, and want something that looks quality, so also would be interested in any recommendations. Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream

Post #479327 Tue Nov 10 2015 11:35am
Beancounter_74

England 

D) For a fixed solution, look at something by Brodit, quality pieces of kit, though not the cheapest.

I've just bought a 'Snugg' iPad seat back holder, which works well with the 'Snugg' case we have on it - easily fitted and removed as just velcro. Also got a cheap set of Philips Bluetooth headphones for the kids (£30) and works like a charm Thumbs Up

Definitly wouldn't entertain £2k plus on RSE nowadays Wink ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #479328 Tue Nov 10 2015 11:43am
Netsters

England 

Cheers Martin, very helpful. Re the SW update and KVM update, I'm a bit in the dark about that, what exactly did it cure, stop from happening? Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream

Post #479329 Tue Nov 10 2015 11:46am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There is a Land Rover accessory bracket available (which may just be a rebranded Brodit) that you may be able to twist your dealer into throwing in for free.................. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #479373 Tue Nov 10 2015 6:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Netsters

England 

Definitely going to have a look at the brodit. I wish they had kept the covered seat back pouch like on the previous RRS, rather that the mesh type on the new, perfect for hiding an ipad quickly out of site.

Got the VIN number for the car now, just checked it in Topix, confirms is it a MY16 car. There is a section re outstanding campaigns for the car ,

Outstanding Campaigns
Q519 - 3L V6D GEN 2 DPF AMBER LIGHTS
Q543 - AUTOMATIC HIGH BEAM ASSIST

Anyone know anything about this? Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream

Post #479378 Tue Nov 10 2015 6:57pm
Hedders007

How can you check on Topix about your car unless you are a dealer or independent garage?

Post #479381 Tue Nov 10 2015 7:16pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Owners can retrieve dat regarding their vehicle if they have the VIN number. Give s a lot of useful data, unfortunately, if you want access to most of the documentation, you have to pay!!

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #479383 Tue Nov 10 2015 7:22pm
Hedders007

Hi Jock,

Can you tell me how that's done please. I can't seem to do it. I do, of course, have my VIN!

Many thanks.

PM me if you prefer.....

Post #479384 Tue Nov 10 2015 7:25pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Hi Hedders,

If you have alook at the box at the bottom of the TOPIx Home Page it stataes the following:

"Welcome to TOPIx, to preview the range of information on the site, use Vehicle Selection to enter the system. Owners Information and Accessory Fitting Instructions are available to view free of charge. Registered users are in addition, able to purchase subscriptions for technical information such as Workshop Manuals, Electrical Diagrams, Technical Bulletins, and Diagnostic Release Notes. If you are an existing user please select login."

Firstly, go to the register button. This will take you to the registration page where you complete your personal data and accept all manner of small print that holds JLR harmless if anything happens to you due to the use of the data!!!

You will get an email confirming registration.

Once this has been received, you log in and on your first log in you insert you vehicle's VIN number. (You only have to do this the first time as it remembers the number thereafter.

When the system know which vehicle you are referring to, Bingo! On the right hand side of the page comes up a list of any outstanding issues or work required on your vehicle by JLR, A list of maintenance documents for the vehicle, Technical Notes, etc. Most of this generic documentation you have to pay an access fee (as an owner) to access. However, if you get the document number yourself and have an understanding dealer, you may be able to get a hard copy printed off for free. Certainly my Dealer has offered to do this for me.

Hope this helps. TOPIx and OSH seems to be something many dealers miss out on informing their customers of when buying a new LR vehicle.

Hope this helps you and others out.

Regards,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #479386 Tue Nov 10 2015 7:51pm
Hedders007

Hi Old Jock,

Very kind!

Many thanks,

H.

Post #479387 Tue Nov 10 2015 7:56pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Before you get your car from the dealer they cannot register it unless LR have cleared that they have completed all the UPS jobs which include everything mentioned on ToPix and a few more.If not then the dealer cannot register your car for you, this has been causing huge problems as they run out of storage for all the cars NOT cleared by LR to register. 1000's of RRS, Evoques and Disco Sports are languishing in dealership's storage yards waiting for LR to clear them despite all the QC/USP jobs being completed.................. so you may have to wait a long time to get your car even though it is delivered to the dealership and PDI'd 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #479407 Tue Nov 10 2015 9:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Netsters

England 

Spot on Tim from Scotland, picked up the car today. Very happy so far.

Only had 5 minutes to play with the settings, I notice it has my videos as an option in the in car entertainment. Does it play videos from a usb stick? Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream

Post #479528 Thu Nov 12 2015 3:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>