RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > New AB 15.5MY 4.4 vs New AB 16MY 3.0..bought 4.4..Thinkware?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Dave777

United Kingdom 

Thanks, hopefully I can get your fitter to come to me once he has practised on your car Very Happy

Seriously, the product looks very good, but let us hope the fitters are skilled enough. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #481348 Tue Dec 01 2015 8:53am

United Kingdom 

Looks better than Blackview for the money. Please let us know how your fitter gets on and if possible where he connects everything to, I will need to fit this myself as I am outside of their UK fitting range.

Tony 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #481354 Tue Dec 01 2015 10:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
duvl

United Kingdom 
New AB 15.5MY 4.4 vs New AB 16MY 3.0..bought 4.4..Thinkware?

Collect RRS this Thur 17th with the F750 being fitted Friday morning. I see the RAC supplied price has somewhat increased. I paid £333 fitted (incl park mode and rear camera). Same deal now is £388. See:

http://www.racshop.co.uk/sat-navs-tech/das...amera.html

I'd like some advice please from others that have the F750 installed. I want to know what I should be looking for during the fitting process as I want to be able to spot if it's a novice or pro doing the installation.

1. I'd imagine the majority of the cabling is hidden behind trim/panels etc. Just where should I be looking to ensure this is done properly. Also, if any wires are exposed where will this be?

2. If the job is done properly should I expect the front cam to be dead centre behind the rear view mirror or perhaps skewed to one side for reasons like quick removal or SD card access?

3. Already decided I don't wish to make use of the lane dept warning. Any other tips?

4. Came with a micro SD 32g card. Does this suffice or should I change card before Friday....if so any recommendations?

5. What should I be looking for regarding hard wiring for parking mode?

Many thanks RRS 4.4AB 15.5MY Fuji/Ivory
Thinkware F750 front/rear dashcam

Post #482248 Sat Dec 12 2015 1:42pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

I was waiting for you to have yours fitted! Wink

Sadly it looks like for £50 extra now I may not bother! Censored

Having halfords fit a single one to my BMW next week for £30 so will see then. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #482261 Sat Dec 12 2015 5:55pm
duvl

United Kingdom 
Re: New AB 15.5MY 4.4 vs New AB 16MY 3.0..bought 4.4..Thinkw

duvl wrote:
Collect RRS this Thur 17th with the F750 being fitted Friday morning. I see the RAC supplied price has somewhat increased. I paid £333 fitted (incl park mode and rear camera). Same deal now is £388. See:

I'd like some advice please from others that have the F750 installed. I want to know what I should be looking for during the fitting process as I want to be able to spot if it's a novice or pro doing the installation.

1. I'd imagine the majority of the cabling is hidden behind trim/panels etc. Just where should I be looking to ensure this is done properly. Also, if any wires are exposed where will this be?

2. If the job is done properly should I expect the front cam to be dead centre behind the rear view mirror or perhaps skewed to one side for reasons like quick removal or SD card access?

3. Already decided I don't wish to make use of the lane dept warning. Any other tips?

4. Came with a micro SD 32g card. Does this suffice or should I change card before Friday....if so any recommendations?

Many thanks

Sorted ALA Alloy and Scratch cover today. With 10% d/c = £384 for 3 yrs. Just need some help re my Thinkware questions above. Would really appreciate some installation tips as I'm so worried a noob will wreck my interior on day 2 of owning the car....please anyone? tvm RRS 4.4AB 15.5MY Fuji/Ivory

Post #482439 Mon Dec 14 2015 7:39pm
duvl

United Kingdom 
Re: New AB 15.5MY 4.4 vs New AB 16MY 3.0..bought 4.4..Thinkw

duvl wrote:

Many thanks

Sorry to quote my own posting once more.......bump! Collected new RRS yesterday (Thursday) and so far I've been very happy with dealer- Guy Salmon (Ascot) and super impressed with the car......previous all BMW's. Dashcam fitting today (Friday) so this is my last attempt at getting some pointers/tips re installation. Just want to know what to look for so I've some relevant knowledge to be happy the fitter knows his stuff. Hate for a noob fitter to trash the interior on day two. Someone....anyone.....Thanks. RRS 4.4AB 15.5MY Fuji/Ivory

Post #482778 Fri Dec 18 2015 12:19am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Sorry can't hell as mine is newish and not touched it yet! The BMW fitting went ok except it cannot stay on for a full time parking mode as bmws shut down and would be more complicated to power permanently. The Halfords guy did a neat job though and said he would do my RRS!

Good luck. Let us know with pictures afterwards or even better during the install.

Cheers MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #482782 Fri Dec 18 2015 6:29am
duvl

United Kingdom 

Dave 777 >Good luck. Let us know with pictures afterwards or even better during the install.

No pics I'm afraid as the install process turned out to be far from standard. Glad I went down the fitter route. See my posting on here:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic41688-45.html

Good luck. If you are near Ascot/Egham you are welcome to come and have a look. RRS 4.4AB 15.5MY Fuji/Ivory

Post #483054 Mon Dec 21 2015 4:32pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Thanks Duvl for the great write up. It is making me think. I have bought a Transcend 220 with a simple suction mount and may try that fitted for a bit to see how it works in the RRS in the window. The guy at Halfords was happy to fit for £30! MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #483110 Tue Dec 22 2015 1:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12