RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Have you had an accident in the last 5 years?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Frax

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
Have you had an accident in the last 5 years?

This made me laugh,
I had a nascence call today from this woman who said, Have you had an accident in the last 5 years, I said sorry can you speak up as I cannot hear you, she repeated slightly louder,
Have you had an accident in the last 5 years.
I replied WHAT DID YOU SAY - MY WIFE HAS HAD AN ACCIDENT- IS SHE OK.
The woman replied sorry sir your wife is OK and I am really sorry to have bothered you and hang up. Don’t think she will call back now. Rolling with laughter Lot of Landcruisers now sold
Audi TT 240 Sport now sold for.
RRS 2.7 HSE Now sold for.
RRS Autoibiography 2012
Defender 300tdi 90

Post #482821 Fri Dec 18 2015 6:31pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My mother keeps an ACME Thunderer referees whistle beside the phone................ they only call once and then they are deafened and her number is removed from their systems! She is on the Telephone Preference Service lists but with random generated phone number devices that are used now TPS isn't that useful even though the caller is suppoed to check ALL numbers before dialling. I suppose if you are calling from Mumbai or Poona then TPS isn't known out there. iPhones are useful for blocking these calls to your mobile too as you can block a number quite easily. I have my HR office in Manila blocked........ it forces them to call me on my land line at their expense when I am roaming, if I'm not at home then they can leave a message or send me an email. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #482827 Fri Dec 18 2015 8:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
baxc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Worst still when you do have an accident every f...... calls you even 12 months on I hate these people

Post #482854 Sat Dec 19 2015 2:33pm
steve99

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I just say that I was drunk at the time of the accident..................

Post #482857 Sat Dec 19 2015 3:27pm
Frax

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

They just pig me off, I thought they were going to do something about these people but it has not happened yet.
It's always my mobile they call and I have now more blocked number than contacts. Big Cry Lot of Landcruisers now sold
Audi TT 240 Sport now sold for.
RRS 2.7 HSE Now sold for.
RRS Autoibiography 2012
Defender 300tdi 90

Post #482874 Sat Dec 19 2015 5:30pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Last one that called me, guy wasn't clear what he wanted, so talked to him for a minute to try & work out why he was calling. Once I worked out it was a sales call, told him I was with TPS and he got all shirty and tried to tell me off for not saying that as soon as I had answered the phone!

I told him to get lost and put the phone down.

Post #484730 Thu Jan 14 2016 12:46pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I say yes I have, I cut myself on some paper and they start asking me questions

Or I ask some details of who they are?, and what's the address, as I like to know whom im speaking with....... they often reply they don't know the address...... Oh so you work from home?..... No a Office..... how did you get to work this morning?........ By car...... and what address did you drive too?........... Errr CLICK....!!!

More time they are held on the phone entertaining me the better it is for all those others they have to call and costs them more money in phone bills

If its solar panels, I'll strike up a chat as I know, from looking in to it myself that after spending £5-6k on a system over 20 years my profit would be £750 as my roof doesn't face the right direction

Post #484731 Thu Jan 14 2016 1:00pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Nick, don't you know that it doesn't matter which way your roof faces for solar panels? I queried why the local council houses were all getting their north facing always in the shade side of their roof fitted with between 4 and 6 small panels................ it was costing a fortune and wasn't going to earn the council very much. The answers were a) As we had to reroof the houses we decided that it was a good time time to fit panels................ and b) They don't need sunshine to work, they only need daylight.

I have had a solar panel array of Ikea's best 32 panels on my roof for nearly 2 years now and my roof faces SW so I get plenty of daylight and no shadows. The company that innstalled them were meticulous about the amounnt of light I got and at no extra charge installed low daylight high efficiency panels as required under their contract with Ikea. Total cost from initila survey through to final setting up of the system with my electricity company was £5750, and I their production predictions have been fairly accurate. Ikea's installers reckonned I would be able to produce electricity to produce a pay back over 7 years allowing 45% of the available hours of daylight in the year being enough even for high efficiency panels to produce power. In 9 month of last year I earned £400.................. and I'm not there for 181 days a year to burn the 50% of the electricity I make so the grid is benefitting from my largess! Also makes me feel better about owning not 1 but 2 "gas guzzling" SUV's. Hopefully my next car will be able to be run off the production of my panels................

After the sighting of the north facing panels I then did some more delving and heyho what did I find? Housing convener's brother runs a renewable energy company.............. the same company as is installing the panels on the social houses right across the region.............. FOI is a great thing but by god it took a lot of persistance and letters to get the answers annd I nearly gave up! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #484741 Thu Jan 14 2016 2:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

My survey was done via the company my energy supplier gave me in a email, spoke to them, size of system and roof elevation and the roof was not suitable, shadows cast via chimney, neighbours house face a different direction and their gable end casts a shadow early morning.

It wasn't a free system, so looking at the long term expected data they said I would cover the costs of install and then the profit generated would be apx £750 over the period, I think it was 10 or 20 years

Too many factors going against it been viable Confused

Might look into other markets like ground or air sourced heat pumps, as they say that's going to be the next fad

Post #484751 Thu Jan 14 2016 4:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1