RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Dealer Approved 2014 HSE with scratches on door/trim.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Theboyleach

United Kingdom 
Dealer Approved 2014 HSE with scratches on door/trim.

Hi.

I bought my 2014 HSE RR sport from Harwoods in Basingstoke on Saturday.

I pointed out some scratches on the rear door, boot lid and a heavy gouge in the trim on the rear door.

As an approved LR vehicle purchased from a main dealer im wondering if these should have been repaired beforehand?

Ive moved over from BMW, they would not have a second hand vehicle with these defects on their forecourt.

What are LR standards? Should i complain?

Thanks

Post #477073 Mon Oct 19 2015 7:57pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

I had bumper scratches sorted before handover.....spotted them on first test drive..... Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #477074 Mon Oct 19 2015 8:15pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Standards are low and yes you should complain!

Take some photos and post them up on here on on the LR FaceBook page.

Jim

Post #477075 Mon Oct 19 2015 8:20pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Re: Dealer Approved 2014 HSE with scratches on door/trim.

Theboyleach wrote:
Hi.

What are LR standards? Should i complain?

Thanks

If they can get away with it, they will Shocked

Not wanting to tar them all with the same brush, but there has been some really poor standards come to light on here over the years. Whistle

Personally, my dealer would bend over backwards to satisfy it's customers. Bow down One of the very few i'm afraid, but they are a family run business, and every visit i made, it was followed up with a customer satisfaction call or email. Thumbs Up

Post #477081 Mon Oct 19 2015 8:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nigel52

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Actually I found Harwoods Badingstoke fair on this kind of thing. I bought a 2012 FL2 from them and when the car was being detailed they noticed a dent which Harwoods immediately rectified. Current Merc GLE 3.5d 2016 model, 2011 RRS HSE standard
Previous 2012 FL2 liked but boot too small
Previous to LR's 3 x Merc E320 estates - fantastic load carriers and long distance cruisers, ultra reliable. Only changed as needed a 4x4 high tow vehicle. Did have a 1955 early LR drop down windscreen and fuel tank under the drivers seat; again very reliable and super rugged.

Post #477084 Mon Oct 19 2015 9:31pm
Lefty65

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Sorry to jump in,but bought a 2006 tdv6 hse,when driving in a straight line and quickly turn left or right I can hear clunks,read somewhere could be dynamic response,if I remove the fuse can you still use the vehicle safely

Post #477087 Mon Oct 19 2015 10:02pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

^^^^ Your car won't have dynamic response Lefty, It will be either your anti roll bar bushes, droplinks or some other suspension related component. Big Cry

Post #477106 Tue Oct 20 2015 7:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ady, Dynamic Response might have been fitted as a factory option even back in 2006. It is an electro-mechanical system that always was standard on S/C's and an option on HSE's, it 'isn't selectable like the Dynamic setting of RRS2 though. Often it was part of a package that included the uprated steering rack to allow 20" wheels on an HSE, it was dropped from the 2.7 when the uprated steering rack was made standard and was standard on the TDv8 right from the start IIRC. Not sure how you check that you have it on a car but believe that there is an additional filler cap for the hydraulic fluid for the active antiroll bars in the front of the engine bay. Another way is to take the car off road and see if the rear wheels will extend further than a standard car when one is hanging! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #477116 Tue Oct 20 2015 8:48am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Every day is a school day. Smile Thanks Tim. Thumbs Up

Post #477120 Tue Oct 20 2015 9:00am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

IIRC the brochure might refer to it as the Dynamic Handling Pack, I remember it caused a lot of confusion in the early days as to whether people had the system or not as many dealers were supplying HSE's with 20" wheels without an uprated steering rack immediately voiding the car's warranty as fitting bigger than 19" wheels on SE and HSE back in 2005 and 2006 without the uprated rack immediately voided it! One very large chain of dealers even went as far as to chip the new cars to make them feel "Sportier" without telling the buyer! After multiple engine failures LR got very touchy about replacing them and had some very upset owners (who also found that they were uninsured by driving an undeclared modified car!)........ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #477121 Tue Oct 20 2015 9:18am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Not sure how you check that you have it on a car but believe that there is an additional filler cap for the hydraulic fluid for the active antiroll bars in the front of the engine bay.

Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #477124 Tue Oct 20 2015 9:28am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Tim in Scotland wrote:
IIRC the brochure might refer to it as the Dynamic Handling Pack, I remember it caused a lot of confusion in the early days as to whether people had the system or not as many dealers were supplying HSE's with 20" wheels without an uprated steering rack immediately voiding the car's warranty as fitting bigger than 19" wheels on SE and HSE back in 2005 and 2006 without the uprated rack immediately voided it! One very large chain of dealers even went as far as to chip the new cars to make them feel "Sportier" without telling the buyer! After multiple engine failures LR got very touchy about replacing them and had some very upset owners (who also found that they were uninsured by driving an undeclared modified car!)........

Naughty little b uggers... Laughing

Post #477125 Tue Oct 20 2015 9:31am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Getting back to OP - I've bought a few approved used and walked away from more too described as mint or immaculate and then told by patronising LR sales staff that it's a used car not new Evil or Very Mad

One was 6 month old Disco ex LR fleet that was hammered and had to involve dealer principal to resolve and another was crash repaired according to my local indy but not picked up by dealer although they refunded without a fuss

Sadly Ady hit the nail on the head and if they can get away with it they will and Lrcs will send lots of standard sympathetic replies but in the end say it's between you and the dealer

Go straight to top at dealer and use any consumer/finance protection you can. Act quickly or they'll say it wasn't like that when sold - been there. You learn from experience and I check with fine tooth comb on collection before signing anything now. Trust no-one especially flashy dealers with big markups and big profits Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #477134 Tue Oct 20 2015 11:00am
Lefty65

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

I have the extra filler cap under the bonnet,so could I drive with fuse out and would it cause any damage

Post #477165 Tue Oct 20 2015 4:38pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Quote:
This is just his opinion

I thought that was what Theboyleach was asking for. Confused
Obviously if someone from JLR, ie Pete commented on here, he is going to say that JLR standards are very high, and that you should raise the issue with the suppling dealer asap. Rolling Eyes Pete can't answer for individual dealerships standards.

Post #477237 Wed Oct 21 2015 9:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>