RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY16.5 ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

parish

United Kingdom 
MY16.5 ?

Does anyone know when MY16.5 cars will be rolling out and what the changes will be?. I believe MY16 deliveries started in August so on the basis that the MY's change twice a year (unique to JLR?) that would make it Feb/Mar 2016 ?

I am just speculating that the longer I wait for LR to iron the wrinkles out the less grief I might get by buying an L494... And yes I have actually seen pigs fly...

Post #477460 Thu Oct 22 2015 10:00pm
Autobiography

I fell in the trap of waiting and waiting for an L405 model year change. My best advice is just buy what you can now and don't fret about upcoming changes.

Post #477463 Thu Oct 22 2015 10:13pm
parish

United Kingdom 

I am less interested in the changes than I am in buying a car with so many problems currently.

Post #477466 Thu Oct 22 2015 10:22pm
Hodog16

United States 

Haven't heard of anything here. I've learned not to worry about refreshes. It's the redesigns I want to avoid soon after buying. 2016 SCV8 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento

Post #477480 Thu Oct 22 2015 11:55pm
Autobiography

I don't think you're going to find a LR product without a degree of faults depending on how fussy you are too. I have a list of about 8 problems which the vehicle is going in for. My L405 has had 6 dealer trips since March to address problems.

Post #477482 Fri Oct 23 2015 5:37am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Parish - don't get me wrong here mate but I have been reading your various posts on the forum and I honestly do not think the Range Rover Sport is the car for you. It seems you already have major doubts in your mind about the build quality of these cars.

The RRS is a lovely car - I have owned many X5's, Q7's and a Cayenne (Diesels) and the RRS is by far the best out of the lot in all aspects. I say this even after having niggles with the car (as listed in a previous post) - that said and done I can't see myself trading the car is for anything else other than another one!

These are fantastic cars but keep an open mind - you may have various niggles as listed on this forum (boot gap, fuel tank slosh, slow infotainment screen etc) so don't expect your car to be 100%.

Your argument will probably be that you are spending £65-90k on a car and you want it to be spot on - I agree but if that is the case then you won't be happy in a RRS Smile

BTW - I would just buy the MY16 as the RRS receives so many updates through out model years that you will just be waiting for the next one all the time! The engine was updated in MY15, the infotainment etc in MY16 not sure what else they can change for MY16.5 tbh Thumbs Up

Post #477515 Fri Oct 23 2015 10:12am
parish

United Kingdom 

Thanks for those thoughts RRSMan. You are probably right however you should have also picked up that I have owned 3 RRS previously so have some idea of whether the car is right for me or not. I really like the look and style of the gen 2 and accept no car is perfect. I am not seeking perfection, just trying to avoid problems.

Post #477551 Fri Oct 23 2015 4:12pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

In the end its only yourself you need to please.

In all I've had Range Rovers since 1974, and that's included 3 Sports but the last two gave issues and I found that when it came to international trips I was using one of our other motors which is plainly daft.

When I changed I went for an ex_demo X5 not only got an equivalent spec but also saved about £15k.

One of the main issues for me is JLRs decision to move more and more functions to the touch screen, in my opinion this sort of technology should not be allowed in a vehicle (not much different to texting etc!). The screen also seems to be quite slow to respond which means more looking and checking.

The dealers also seem to be hit and miss.

Anyway that was my decisions.

Post #477557 Fri Oct 23 2015 4:57pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Totally agree about the screen, it always seems to play up when you need it most!!

At times I have cursed the nav screen and said never again! I guess I could buy a add on unit but it does not seem right.

Land Rover could learn a lot from the BMW Idrive system, a far better solution. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #477561 Fri Oct 23 2015 5:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1