RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > What models are forum members buying?
what model have members bought or thinking of buying?
HSE
32%
 32%  [12]
HSE Dynamic
27%
 27%  [10]
Autobiography
40%
 40%  [15]
Total Votes: 37

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Mark_N

United Kingdom 

No "SVR" selection in the voting options... Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #476645 Fri Oct 16 2015 7:27pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Yeah.......sorry Mark. I only remembered the SVR after I published the post.

I'll have a go at updating it after a couple of whiskeys.....

Jim

Post #476649 Fri Oct 16 2015 7:56pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

It would also be interesting to know for those choosing the AB what engine they are going for. Seems to me the SDV8 is unloved and the hybrid is nowhere. Can't imagine there are many AB SC's these days because once you accept the higher consumption, the SVR is the one to have for the full experience.

Besides, the 21.3 mpg I've had since new is hardly that bad. Mark

Post #476654 Fri Oct 16 2015 8:19pm
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,

Already voted but...for the record

SDV6 A/B ( due 1st March 16)

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #476656 Fri Oct 16 2015 8:23pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Scrumps, sounds like a lovely spec. Might be a bit biased though. Whistle Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #476668 Fri Oct 16 2015 8:55pm
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

I went HSE with a few choice extras. I felt the HSE was pretty well specced by default and going for the Autobiography was just chucking money away on options that weren't that important to me. I considered going dynamic and very occasionally regret not speccing it but ultimately I already have a sports car(s) so the RRSport was bought for me more for the Range Rover and less for the Sport, if you get my drifter.

Post #476669 Fri Oct 16 2015 8:57pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I went for HSE.......

DS not RRS though Laughing

Just think of how much drugs and hookers that saving would buy Whistle

I'm putting the money I saved into property instead to keep swmbo happy Embarassed Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #476693 Fri Oct 16 2015 10:23pm
URX

Scotland 

Getting out of rrs sadly as the new shape is just barf at the rear Shocked

Post #476696 Fri Oct 16 2015 10:28pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Can you see the rear when you're driving it? Rolling with laughter

Never understood the concept of picking a car on looks before everything else. You can't see it when you're in it, and when you're not in it you can't see it either - unless you just sit at your window all day staring out at it. Shocked Rolling Eyes

I guess most people don't buy cars for what they do but rather what they hope others will think. That's the only idea that seems to fit. Funny things, people Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #476709 Fri Oct 16 2015 11:58pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

FWIW, I think the new RRS is streets ahead of the original whose styling was constrained by the need to fit the Land Rover Discovery chassis. The Range Rover Pretender they should have called it. On the road, the new car looks lithe and designed, not boxy and tank-like.

So if the RRS doesn't appeal, what are the alternatives - the VW group SUVs which all look like they are pryed from the same jelly mould? The ghastly, horrible front end of the current Mercedes design language, the fastback design of the X6? Mark

Post #476712 Sat Oct 17 2015 6:07am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Here's my tuppence worth

If I wanted to tow big things and do the rough stuff I'd buy a FF disco

If I wanted the best and money was no object I'd buy the FFRR with TDV8

If I wanted to be a boy racer I'd buy the DS dynamic version just launched or wait for an SVR version I reckon will follow

I'm not sure I'd ever buy another rrsport - it filled a gap when I did but everything else has improved so much I think it's hard to see a reason I'd get one now Embarassed Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #476731 Sat Oct 17 2015 9:25am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Mark_N wrote:
FWIW, I think the new RRS is streets ahead of the original whose styling was constrained by the need to fit the Land Rover Discovery chassis. The Range Rover Pretender they should have called it. On the road, the new car looks lithe and designed, not boxy and tank-like.

Not a great fan of RRS2's looks, to be honest. The pointless plastic trim bits on the bonnet and wing just look like something from the old Max Power days of design. I don't find it to be lithe; in black it looks a bit like a whale. I guess it was designed for the urban crowd - hence being able to have it without a low range box. Chelsea by design and use. Whistle The Evoque makes the new design language look good. The RRS2 makes it look like it's trying too hard.

RRS1 at least looks a bit like the L322 - boxy etc. As to names, I think RRS1 should have been called the Discovery Sport as it is a Disco underneath. The boxy nature does mean that the boot is a good size etc. I also prefer the looks of the prefacelift RRS1. The facelift made it a bit Chelsea to my eye.

My biggest problem with the RRS1 is that it was bought by the "wash and polish" brigade so trying to get useful accessories for it is very difficult. The Disco boys have a huge choice of off road kit for their version.

I do like the noise that the SVR makes though. Oh yes. Bow down 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #476807 Sat Oct 17 2015 6:52pm
Andyowen

United Kingdom 

FWIW we ordered a HSE , barolo black , with only pano roof, privacy glass and 21" wheels added. I realise this probably looks a pauper spec but it's what we can afford and will do everything we need. We live in a rural Village and test drove a HSE dynamic with the dynamic nose on and off and it just wasn't worth the extra , even on our windy country roads.

Post #476817 Sat Oct 17 2015 7:27pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

Mark_N wrote:
It would also be interesting to know for those choosing the AB what engine they are going for. Seems to me the SDV8 is unloved and the hybrid is nowhere. Can't imagine there are many AB SC's these days because once you accept the higher consumption, the SVR is the one to have for the full experience.

Besides, the 21.3 mpg I've had since new is hardly that bad.

I for one much prefer the SDV8 over the SDV6. The latter I find seems to be working harder that it should. The V8 also for my 100mile a day round trip has also proved more economical. ( didn't expect that at all)

Post #476841 Sat Oct 17 2015 8:56pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

I had a disco sport on release hse. Hated it!! Just felt a cheap product for 40k. Kept it for 3 months and only lost £1500 so was happy with that.

Then out of the blue was offered a Feb 2015 hse RRS in corris, with 4500k on it. Only extras are black contrast roof, privacy and 21" alloys and 5 year service pack, at 7k under list. So pulled the trigger and it has everything I need and looks the part. So far really happy with it and it's at a completely different level than disco sport I had.

I did have a dynamic on loan for a weekend at the same time and yes the dynamic mode was fun but for the extra im not so sure I'd get my monies worth. More than happy with hse

Post #476903 Sun Oct 18 2015 11:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>