RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Premium Mats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

parish

United Kingdom 
Premium Mats

Hi - new to the forum so thought I would start with an easy question : I am just finalising my spec to place an order for a MY2016 HSE Dynamic. I am pretty much there save for a rather trivial issue around mats. It seems the LR configurator hasn't changed much since I last owned an RRS (MY2011) in that I remember then that items that came as standard on the car still showed as options. So, according to what I can see the car comes supplied with a set of mats, but then there is a £65 option for 'premium' carpet mats. To get to the question - should I order them, are they any different in fact to the ones that come supplied and if so how?? (sorry 3 questions in 1...).

I tripped over an Evoque forum earlier when I googled this question and found lots of unhappy owners who paid for premium mats only to get supplied with the standard set (some members even go as far as to suggest its a known scam by dealers who keep the uggrade mats and sell them on eBay...). Or those that got the premium saying they are anything but in terms of quality.

Views please ?

Post #476480 Thu Oct 15 2015 4:01pm
Fletcher

England 

I think the standard ones don't run all the way through the back they leave a gap in the middle. The quality is probably slightly better for the upgraded ones .
Go on treat yourself.

Post #476529 Thu Oct 15 2015 10:37pm
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Also worth considering rubber mats as they are lot easier to clean and you need to remove the existing mats to put the rubber ones in. Rubber mats do have a nice premium look with metal edges and Range Rover lettering. Got it for £108 from eBay. Part no VPLWS0189

Post #476537 Fri Oct 16 2015 7:17am
wilf

So what are the exact differences between "normal" and the "premium" mats? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #476561 Fri Oct 16 2015 11:19am
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Can I point you to http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic41913-15.html
scan down the page to my 'mats post'.

Take a look at these mats I just bought,, don't think anything LR produces comes close and Premium mats are only for partial floor coverage. P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #476564 Fri Oct 16 2015 11:39am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have a set of 2nd hand rubber mats for the winter as they are great at retaining any mud, snow and water that falls off boots over the winter and have a set of the plush carpet mats (they came with the car when I bought it) for the summer as they only need a vacuum now and again and look nicer against the black carpets. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #476573 Fri Oct 16 2015 12:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Tim,

I'll be doing exactly the same. Was going to change them over this weekend but as Summer appears to have come in October in Scotland this year, may well wait for a week or two.

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #476591 Fri Oct 16 2015 3:41pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Jock, I was considering the same thing as I'm going off into the wilds on Sunday and will need the rubber set but as I'm off to the concrete desert that is London the week after next I'll be going back into city and supermarket matting mode while down south (don't want to scare the locals with an RRS that might look like it ventures off the tarmac and into the heather and mud!) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #476600 Fri Oct 16 2015 4:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
parish

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the advice guys. I know it's petty to mither over spending £65 on a set of mats for a car costing £76k but I don't like being ripped off at any level. To be honest having read about some of the RRS2 reliability issues on other threads I am starting to wobble over pressing the order button now !

Post #476604 Fri Oct 16 2015 4:33pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

udash wrote:
Also worth considering rubber mats as they are lot easier to clean and you need to remove the existing mats to put the rubber ones in. Rubber mats do have a nice premium look with metal edges and Range Rover lettering. Got it for £108 from eBay. Part no VPLWS0189

Nice one mate - just ordered a set they look awesome - the RANGE ROVER badges make it worthwhile Cool

Post #477860 Mon Oct 26 2015 3:03pm
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

Rubber mats are a total no brainier if you live in the country. Look great too.

Post #477882 Mon Oct 26 2015 6:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1