RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Stealth pack
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Artful Dodger

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Stealth pack

So the dealer called to give me the bad news that my car is not being delivered in December due to the stealth pack,it is now February due to components of the stealth pack being un-available. I am struggling to understand exactly what is so difficult to manufacture? As far as i am aware it is plastics and different lights!?

Has anybody else heard of a delay caused by the stealth pack? I could appreciate components such as the roof etc but a stealth pack seems a poor excuse. Big Cry

My options are to accept a car on-time without a stealth pack, which to me is high on my wish list or wait until Feb to register in March. Embarassed 16MY RRS, Fuji, Dynamic with AB kit, stealth pack - LOVE IT!

Post #476381 Wed Oct 14 2015 5:23pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

We're you not told Feb when you ordered from your other post ?

If so then could it be you said you would cancel if not December so they agreed it but can't actually deliver on the earlier delivery slot so are just telling you it's due to the stealth pack.

Seems odd to me they don't have the parts as I expect the time from last order change to build is the time it takes to prepare the packages and parts for your build.

That said wait for the car you want don't compromise or you will regret it.

Post #476400 Wed Oct 14 2015 7:43pm
Artful Dodger

Yes it was originally Feb but they got a build slot for December. My initially reaction was to doubt they could ever supply me a car in Dec but are stilling claiming if I were to delete the stealth pack I would get it as promised in Dec. I am disappointed and can't understand quite what goes into the pack is so hard to supply. Odd..... 16MY RRS, Fuji, Dynamic with AB kit, stealth pack - LOVE IT!

Post #476404 Wed Oct 14 2015 8:12pm
Kensta

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I would get the car in December and use the money you've saved on the stealth pack to do it yourself, isn't it just Matt black grills,lettering, rear strip , wheels and roof? The letters and grills u could do yourself easy, and just get your wheels n roof coated? Java black 2006

Post #476422 Wed Oct 14 2015 11:09pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Armstrong Massey in york have a new stealth pack in showroom in white ready to drive out at just over 83k.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #476427 Thu Oct 15 2015 5:32am
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

I have a replacement vehicle on Order, ( from August ) and back then I was told the matt black wheels are in short supply which is causing delays, this related specifically to the 22", but I was told the 21" were also about to go into short supply. Back then I was quoted a January build date. I am though in a LR vehicle for the interim, so am not quite as concerned on delivery dates as I may have been.

I should add all these conversations were with JLR direct, and not the dealer.

Post #476430 Thu Oct 15 2015 6:58am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Kensta wrote:
I would get the car in December and use the money you've saved on the stealth pack to do it yourself, isn't it just Matt black grills,lettering, rear strip , wheels and roof? The letters and grills u could do yourself easy, and just get your wheels n roof coated?

The stealth pack also features darker tinted headlamps and rear lights....

Post #476439 Thu Oct 15 2015 9:03am
Fletcher

England 

Nothing on the roof as far as I know .

Post #476530 Thu Oct 15 2015 10:53pm
Artful Dodger

The dilemma continues, my budget was £75k so i went for a dynamic with the options i really wanted. Now i am unable to get a car before Xmas i am starting to push the budget up a little and soon realise i can get into loaded AB's at late £70's with minimal miles. Do i wait for a new dynamic in March or a 6 month old AB for not a huge amount more? 16MY RRS, Fuji, Dynamic with AB kit, stealth pack - LOVE IT!

Post #476558 Fri Oct 16 2015 10:35am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Forum sponsor Lookers Park Royal have a 15 plate 6500 miler Aruba SDv6 Autobiography on their website at £75000 if that is any help. Apart from all the usual Autobiography features it also has the 1700w Meridian system that would be a £4000 upgrade and that appears to be the only option on it. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #476559 Fri Oct 16 2015 10:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andyjay123

wait for the car you want. Don't settle for anything less than that. You deserve the best 2006 RRS Supercharged 4.2 HST muthuaflecka!

Post #476631 Fri Oct 16 2015 6:14pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

Tyrefitter wrote:
Armstrong Massey in york have a new stealth pack in showroom in white ready to drive out at just over 83k.

Andy

As did Harwoods Pulborough today...

Post #476675 Fri Oct 16 2015 9:28pm
Artful Dodger

Thanks for your comments and the help to try and locate me a car, much appreciated.

The search/order has been a bit of a roller coaster but today I have found a car almost identical (less large water bottle, black console plastic and headlining) to the one i spec'd. It is as new with 2k miles, 5 months old, £7k cheaper than the new one i "should" be expecting in Dec (Now March). Its a 15.5MY not 16MY but i discovered the engine is the 306bhp and the other updates don't really bother me. It appears to be a no brainer so all being well i should have the car this time next week, excited Very Happy

Couple of questions, the owner didn't take the service pack and the dealer is finding out IF this can now be added, any ideas?

It has a deployable tow bar which will never be used, it this a saleable item?

I want to add the AB corners to the rear bumpers, is this a case of purchasing the corners and getting a body shop to spray/fit, anyone else done this and at what cost?

I have small children and a short wife but i can't justify deployable side steps, the fixed ones on the L494 are less obtrusive than the older model i believe but i don't see many with them on, thoughts? 16MY RRS, Fuji, Dynamic with AB kit, stealth pack - LOVE IT!

Post #476819 Sat Oct 17 2015 7:40pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The service pack can normally only be taken out within 90 days of purchasing the new car. IIRC at the moment if you take out £10k LR Finance on a used car you get 2 years servicing thrown in, if you don't need the finance then you are stuffed and the minimum length of the finance is 6 months after which you can clear it and then you have the service pack................. although you are probably paying in interest what the cost of the service pack on a new car would be anyway.

The deployable tow hitch would be best left on as it would be a factory fitted item so will be recorded in Topix as being there. It is well hidden anyway and it is hugely expensive to have it dealer fitted - more than £2000. Just keep it there and operate it once a month to stop it seizing up 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #476836 Sat Oct 17 2015 8:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSman

United Kingdom 

My Q7 (bought as an approved used car) had an electric towbar. When I sold it privately a couple flew down from the Shetland Islands all the way to see and buy the car as they wanted one with an electric towbar and could not find another one anywhere!

Post #476896 Sun Oct 18 2015 10:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>