RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > A new owner...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jasons

2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red
A new owner...

Evening all,

I posted a 'while' ago, probably last weekend but it's been a long week!

I posted about a potential purchase- well today I had a drive up from Surrey to Northampton to have a look at a 2012
Firenze Red HSE.

Did some negotiations on price before I went up, so I had a good idea of what my Evoque was worth and what my "cost to change" would be.

Anyway when I got there it was in the garage getting a new battery fitted so whilst I waited he took me for a spin in his Nissan GTR- had I had more money I know what would be on the drive now! Phenomenal acceleration and what an exhaust note- amazing!

Anyway, at the end of the test drive we talked numbers and suffice to say, I got a cracking px value on my
Evoque so the RRS is now sitting on the drive!

Had the afternoon to change the interior bulbs to LED and gave the car a good wash and clay with a quick wax on top.

Now let the other mods begin...

On my list next will be:

Illuminated sills- had them on the Evoque and managed to pick up a new set for the RRS on eBay- will fit Sunday.

Exhaust trim- looking at some Matt black Hawke ones- will also get those ordered at the weekend.

Lastly my personal plate- but I need the V5 for that...

Once it's done, I'll take some new photos (rather than the dealer ones).

So, overall looking forward to being part of the community, and hope I can (at least give some answers rather than ask all the questions)--it's certainly busier than the Evoque forum!

Cheers,

J

Post #475875 Fri Oct 09 2015 6:36pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Nice looking car. Welcome. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #475876 Fri Oct 09 2015 6:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Congratulations on your purchase Jason Thumbs Up That looks a cracking motor. Enjoy. Very Happy

Post #475877 Fri Oct 09 2015 6:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Superb looking motor and congratulations, always loved that colour on a sport Thumbs Up let us know how you get on with the illuminated sill fitting, I have a set but not fitted yet as not found the time! A step by step guide would be great Whistle Laughing 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #475879 Fri Oct 09 2015 6:55pm
jasons

2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

I'll,try and do a walk through on the sill fitting- the Evoque was desperately easy to do, I hope this is the same!

There is one thing I don't like thought- the light wood trim on the doors and centre console- is this easy to replace?

J

Post #475880 Fri Oct 09 2015 7:06pm
ABSport

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Hi welcome,
The door trims take 2 mins to replace only 1 screw and they slide off. The centre consule is a different story as they are pain in the a Censored e to change the centre console top trim has to be removed ad turned upside down and if I recall each hockey stick has around 5 screws to remove. But you have remove the entire cup holders as they are in the way of some of the screws Rolling Eyes

Nice Sport Thumbs Up

Sill fitting takes about 10 mins per side
1 remove both side trims posts under seat belt post.
2 remove each footwell corner trims near front doors.
3 remove both under footwell top covers ( this is where the footwell lights are )
5 pull up your old sills remember to get all the clips removed. Start from the front and work to the rear
6 once removed pull out your footwell lights
7 plug in the new sills to the footwell lights you'll have a new cable to plug in.
8 carefully push the sills in the clipped holes and fit the trims back
9 wait for darkness and your interior sills should light up "Range Rover"
10 post pictures Thumbs Up

Last edited by ABSport on Fri Oct 09 2015 7:20pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #475883 Fri Oct 09 2015 7:13pm
rigsby

England 

Welcome and congratulations Thumbs Up MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

2012 3.0 SDV6 Luxury gone, but a great motor

Post #475884 Fri Oct 09 2015 7:15pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

That's what I love about here and the disco 3 forum, a fountain of knowledge! Many thanks ABSport Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #475888 Fri Oct 09 2015 7:41pm
Gornal Hills

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Hi and welcome, beautifull looking RRS, like the colour Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #475892 Fri Oct 09 2015 8:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1