RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Delivery dates - HELP!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Artful Dodger

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Delivery dates - HELP!

I was told on Thursday by my local dealer that they had build slots for Nov/Dec delivery and went yesterday to order and was then told sorry its now looking like Feb/March!

Does anyone know of any other dealers with short lead times please?

Also another quick question, i have spec'ed an HSE and adding other bits after delivery (stealth pack) to make it as i want is £71359, if i spec a Dynamic i can get it delivered exactly as i want it for £75229. Will the additional £4k be more or less covered on re-sale after 3 years being as its a better model? 16MY RRS, Fuji, Dynamic with AB kit, stealth pack - LOVE IT!

Post #474571 Mon Sep 28 2015 1:22pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

I just sent you a PM artful Dodger MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #474587 Mon Sep 28 2015 3:44pm
foxtrotzulu

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
Re: Delivery dates - HELP!

Artful Dodger wrote:
I was told on Thursday by my local dealer that they had build slots for Nov/Dec delivery and went yesterday to order and was then told sorry its now looking like Feb/March!

Does anyone know of any other dealers with short lead times please?

Also another quick question, i have spec'ed an HSE and adding other bits after delivery (stealth pack) to make it as i want is £71359, if i spec a Dynamic i can get it delivered exactly as i want it for £75229. Will the additional £4k be more or less covered on re-sale after 3 years being as its a better model?

The answer to this is well above my pay grade, but common sense suggests that the £4,000 extra cost will depreciate at the same rate as the rest of the car, if not faster, meaning that after three years the £4000 will be worth £2,000 at best. Looking at Autotrader suggests that in the second hand market there really isn't much of a premium for Dynamic at all. I tend to think that all but the most essential 'extras' depreciate to zero within hours. How much value will a £1,000 sunroof add to the value three years down the line? The market isn't sufficiently perfect/liquid to reflect such small variations.

Post #474593 Mon Sep 28 2015 5:38pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Call around and ask dealers if they have any cancelled orders! I did some looking around for a close friend today and was surprised to find an unregistered Estoril Blue fully loaded SVR at £102k list available today! I also found a Yulong White 3.0d Autobiography with stealth pack and 22" wheels plus other options for £81k list available today!

Post #474621 Mon Sep 28 2015 8:30pm
Andyowen

United Kingdom 

We ordered from Guy Salmon wakefield on 29th August gor 2nd oct build and 12th oct delivery.

Post #474695 Tue Sep 29 2015 2:20pm
Robhderby

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Ordered 28th Aug, Told 23rd October but it has arrived today (Tues), being PDI'd now, valet in morning and pick up tomorrow (Wed). So for me just over 4 weeks. Only HSE model though so maybe quicker if no personalisation (except Privacy glass).

Post #474713 Tue Sep 29 2015 6:12pm
Dickie Mint

England 

Andy Owen - I ordered from Guy Salmon Wakefield end of June and I have a 2nd October build so you've done well !

Post #474758 Tue Sep 29 2015 11:16pm
Andyowen

United Kingdom 

Really? Have they given you a delivery date yet? I think they already had a build slot for which we changed the spec.

Post #474760 Wed Sep 30 2015 12:06am
Dickie Mint

England 

No delivery date yet, but said would arrange asap after build. I never got the opportunity to review changing my spec as was never advised when the cut off was..... I don't think I would have changed the spec but the chance to consider it would have been good. I've seen other posts where there dealer has kept them fully up to date with photos when delivered to dealership etc so will see how these perform......hopefully better than to date

Post #474761 Wed Sep 30 2015 7:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1